Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many of us are using MONEY cheats?

Comments

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no, depends...
    It depends. Sometimes I base my sim families on characters from old sim games or television and movies. If they are rich or well off then I cheat in the money. Usually if I'm starting off a single sim with not much in mind but their base characteristics I go with starting funds. I don't usually play in a way that leaves them in poverty.. unless I'm doing a particular challenge.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I use money cheats regularly
    ... only on the days that end with "y" !
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I typically only use this cheat to remove all my Sims simoleans when they move on to a lot. I love playing Rags to Riches style. :) But I also use it for build challenges. We can technically build without a Sim on the lot, but you can only change the lighting or playtest in live mode and I always do both for my builds.

I've only used the money cheat in TS4 once to give a played Sims simoleans. It was for my Time Lady, First Artist, in my Time Lord Challenge save. She needed extra to build her Tardis. :)
  • Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    edited February 2018
    I never use money cheats
    I never use money cheats in my played households (I do use it for families I create specifically to be neighbors, friends, etc). I like a sense of progression in my gameplay. The instant gratification of just typing in a cheat and getting rich kills the fun for me.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    It depends. Usually when I use cheat is if I want to test something out with a test household, etc. Or with my sims that I just bring into a new save. It will be kinda weird for the same household to start back at a starter home once they are in a new save, so that's why I use the cheat to get them a house similar to their old one. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited February 2018
    I used to use motherlode with every family from the start. Build them a nice home with the best of everything. It became so boring as my sims didn't need to work and I had nothing to work toward. So I decided to just stop, now they all start off with what they have and I make them work for their simoleans. I only ever use a money cheat on my vampire legacy, when the children leave home they get 20,000 extra taken from their parents household funds.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I try to avoid it but sometimes its necessary, for example if I need to hand over money from parents to children.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I only give each family just enough money to buy the house I want them to live in, and from then on, it's fair play.

@simm621: That's a beautiful garden you have in your signature! Can it be downloaded somewhere?
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I never use money cheats
    I used to cheat a lot in TS1, but no more. I dunno, it kinda takes away the fun for me.
  • Options
    DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    I only use money cheats if I have to, like if I'm building a starter home and I don't have enough money, or because it's part of the story they have much money or something. Also use the testingcheats on when there is 8 sims in the house, it's too much
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I put sometimes, I'm not using gain money cheats though, I'm deleting it!
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Only when moving sims from the city into the suburbs as you American people call them. I find when they move out of apartments they can only afford a one room house with a small bathroom. so I give them an inheritance, enough to build what they had, or what I think they can afford with their income and what they need. But only just enough.
  • Options
    Saarah06Saarah06 Posts: 20 Member
    I barely do, but sometimes I might add a few thousand through cheats
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @GrumpyGlowfish Thank you :) I do have a version up on the gallery which is pretty much the same minus the greenery on the gazebo and the piano as it's a career reward. The cottage is also just ground floor. My ID is wiccanwonder it's called serenity cottage.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I rarely do use money cheats. The only time I would is if I was very early in the family(like 1st or 2nd gen) and I wanted them to buy a retail lot or something then I might give them a little extra to do that.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I use them a lot in setting up new households. I don't start all Sims at square one: I start them at some point in their lives that I feel like doing. Or maybe I imagine they inherited some family money. I also use them to take money away sometimes if I feel like that particular household "ought" to be poorer, based on the story I have in my mind about them. Or I might use some money cheats to make a "transfer" of money in a household split work the way I want it to.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Always... I don't have time for earning things in life.
  • Options
    lukeahalukeaha Posts: 360 Member
    I used to use both money and 'needs-cheat' all the time when I played sims 3.
    I have also been using the money cheat in sims 4. But I have now, as yourself, come to the point where I am trying to spice up my game, by using the cheats less often.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    It depends on the story I'm telling. Sometimes I cheat it up, sometimes I cheat it down.
  • Options
    MadGodMadGod Posts: 59 Member
    I tend to use a cheat to remove all funds before I play... Like a Rags to Riches. Maybe I just like watching my sims struggle. :D
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    It depends I have fun keeping a story so money...or any other cheat doesn't really spoil or add to the fun it's just a step for me sometimes I use the money cheat to take money away even.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    MadGod wrote: »
    I tend to use a cheat to remove all funds before I play... Like a Rags to Riches. Maybe I just like watching my sims struggle. :D

lol why should they have it easier than us? They want something nice they should work for it! That's what I say.
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    I mostly use the moneyX cheat to get rid of their money because my sims eventually make so much that the game isn't fun anymore
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I don't use money cheats on sims I intend to play, I always feel like they should 'earn' it. I've also done some rags to riches stories, where I start them with nothing. Everything else is fair game. Sometimes I bring in households for my sims to interact with, but I don't necessarily intend to play with them. With these ones, I have no problems using money cheats. I'll set them up comfortably then forget about them, lol. I've also done some temporary saves to do a test play, challenge, etc. With these, I may do a money cheat, etc if it's not relevant to the story.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I rarely use money cheats to add cash. I use them to remove cash quite often.