Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you be interested in a BTS of world development?

EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
Would you guys be interested in a community blog post about how worlds are created for the sims 4? Like showing the process from sketches to tools to deciding where lots should be and how many there will be, accessibility, routing, etc. Like an A to Z on world creation.
Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti

Would you be interested in a BTS of world development? 121 votes

Yes
91%
auroraael14Goldmoldaricmnfrshrudy8292poeticnebulajeepjeepcatIceyJaprilroseOmri147Jessa_DakkarVkittyVibseWritin_RegAlrynnSimburianCorkysPetalsMaryVannMeteoraStormStrangerthanCynna 111 votes
No
8%
happysimmer2007Bagoas77drake_mccartyXxAirixXChadSims2YubellPlumDiddyChazzzyRae357littleconnor12sim 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Yes
    Not sure they'd do it but I wouldn't say now to a glimpse behind the curtain into how things are made. I really enjoy seeing concept art and we have seen a bit of it but I wouldn't turn down the chance to see more.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Yes
    110% yes :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited February 2018
    Yes
    Yes, but I don't see that ever happening because it would just incite the community over the lack of space, terrain tools, and CAW. It'd be like pouring salt in our wounds so I don't believe EA would touch that with a ten foot pole.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Yes
    Would be cool if we could be involved in the design of a free world like we did with the community stuff pack.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    As a kpop fan, when someone says BTS I think of something else. :trollface:
    (I'm not a fan of the group BTS tho)
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Yes
    yes
    Would like to see how they come up with these things.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Yes
    This would be very interesting, I would love to see the process
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Yes
    @IceyJ wrote: »
    Yes, but I don't see that ever happening because it would just incite the community over the lack of space, terrain tools, and CAW. It'd be like pouring salt in our wounds so I don't believe EA would touch that with a ten foot pole.

I’d imagine the opposite. I think it would show people why CAW isn’t possible in The Sims 4.
  • Options
    EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    ItsJanier wrote: »

Haha, so it was not just me! ;)
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Yes
    jackjack_k wrote: »

I’d imagine the opposite. I think it would show people why CAW isn’t possible in The Sims 4.

You know what our community is like. Even with concrete evidence, they'd instead cook up a conspiracy theory and go on rant sessions.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    not really, mostly because I like to explore the worlds completely blind my first time going in. Seeing the process would ruin that for me.

but, I see no reason to vote no because it's not like it would have some sort of negative consequence for me if it were done. It sounds like it could be interesting to those who care
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Yes
    IceyJ wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »

You know what our community is like. Even with concrete evidence, they'd instead cook up a conspiracy theory and go on rant sessions.

Sorry for the late reply, I just saw this. Just had to say that those rant sessions gave you toddlers :)
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Sorry but I thought of the BTS when I saw this. :smiley:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    DestrxDestrx Posts: 49 Member
    Yes
    Who wouldn't want something like this?
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Yes
    ItsJanier wrote: »

Agree. I didn't even click on this thread for like days because of that. lol

On Topic, Yes I would like a behind the scenes look. I miss when they also do those things on their youtube channel.