Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Low res textures - jaggy AA/ objects

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The ps4 pro has had Super-Sampling mode added though a system software update which I thought helped a little at first but I'm not sure now. I just hope the textures get enhanced a little and the jaggies.

I would have to check on mine.
    Hopefully will make a tiny difference.

I don't think it did anything for this game tbh I have noticed big improvements in other titles tho

I agree.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited March 2018
    The ps4 pro has had Super-Sampling mode added though a system software update which I thought helped a little at first but I'm not sure now. I just hope the textures get enhanced a little and the jaggies.

I would have to check on mine.
    Hopefully will make a tiny difference.

I don't think it did anything for this game tbh I have noticed big improvements in other titles tho

I agree.

I thought I'd ask on twitter and there are a apparently no plans on changing it
    Post edited by Simsfan99111 on
  • Options
    nightzelnightzel Posts: 9 New Member
    I just bought The Sims 4 to PS4 and I'm kinda disappointed with the graphics as well =( I hope they improve it. They look great on Create A Sim but not good on the Live Mode =/
  • Options
    emxlyemxly Posts: 12 New Member
    [quote="Simsfan99111;c-16352656"]It just doesn't look good texture wise even for a console game running in a ps4 pro and I apologise for that I really don't mean any disrespect to the gurus as this Is their work and I know they work hard on it and I really do genuinely feel terrible for saying this but if we don't say they don't know. I'm sorry if this isn't constructive criticism and I also don't want to annoy the moderators or simguruduke. Maybe have a pro and Xbox x enhanced option at 60fps with better object smoothing? Again I'm sorry just saying how I feel and I am sorry. I've had so much fun so far on console in Comparison to pc with all the packs. I genuinely prefer console. I get a console isn't as powerful as a pc but I've played tons of other console games that just look more smooth and enhanced. Again sorry just putting my two thoughts in [/quote]

I would really like this, it still looks good but it is not ultra, and all other textures except Sims do seem to be ultra
  • Options
    HunterM12HunterM12 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’ve also noticed sims show no muscle mass in live mode on console unless they are at the max muscle mass. In CAS you can see the slight changes but once you go into live mode everything looks the same until you reach the max limit. I dont know if anyone else has noticed this too but I’m honestly hoping they do something to fix this even slightly.
  • Options
    JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    edited August 2018
    HunterM12 wrote: »
    I’ve also noticed sims show no muscle mass in live mode on console unless they are at the max muscle mass. In CAS you can see the slight changes but once you go into live mode everything looks the same until you reach the max limit. I dont know if anyone else has noticed this too but I’m honestly hoping they do something to fix this even slightly.
    I have also noticed that.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    JPNeko wrote: »
    HunterM12 wrote: »
    I have also noticed that.

Yes I have noticed this too, really hope they improve sim textures, in fact all textures as some objects that have patterns on them look pretty bad/blurry too.
  • Options
    sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    edited August 2018
    The sims texture setting on pc is the most demanding one and frankly kinda unoptimized. A texture setting shouldn't cause so much lag and stutters unless there is some sort of problem with the game's asset streaming. I have done testing on many computers and this setting alone is the ONLY one that cause degraded performance.
    I made a thread about it and tagged the guru's but it is being ignored so don't expect them improving the textures on consoles because they know it would tank the frame rate and cause stutters.
  • Options
    Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    Its all been fixed with the new update
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Its all been fixed with the new update

Not on the regular PS4. I don't have the pro so I didn't see any improvement.
  • Options
    Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    It fixed with xbox too I'm surprised it didn't go on to ps4 they said with pro they didn't need it but that is strange maybe tweet them about that but hopefully you get it you can see every detail right down to their skin better
  • Options
    It fixed with xbox too I'm surprised it didn't go on to ps4 they said with pro they didn't need it but that is strange maybe tweet them about that but hopefully you get it you can see every detail right down to their skin better

I have tweeted them. I think the ps4 will get it in a later update.
  • Options
    Does anyone else still feel the faces of Sims look a tad pixelated even with uncompressed textures?
  • Options
    emxly wrote: »
    Does anyone else still feel the faces of Sims look a tad pixelated even with uncompressed textures?

I've noticed ever so often sims faces will distort and go back to normal on the PS4. So far it's CAS Sims that came to the library with updates.
  • Options
    On the pro some skins still look muddy, even with the update to enable uncompressed sim textures. It's especially noticeable on medium skin tones
  • Options
    StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    edited December 2018
    I think on the pro it looks alot better then it did when the game launched. I can see a huge difference. There are the odd things that still look slightly grainy at times, more with objects then anything else. There are also still some jaggy edges but I think that may be down to the fact the console can only do so much with AA even with the pros supersampling mode switched on.
  • Options
    I'm really happy with everything else aside from this one skin tone which looks grainy, but this might be because I'm so used to seeing custom skins on Sims on YouTube etc which make skin look far smoother and nicer, as they are basically an essential mod!
  • Options
    But when I compare skin on the PS4 pro Sims to pc Sims (both on a monitor) the PS4 Sims are much more pixelated/patchy
  • Options
    I think on the pro it looks alot better then it did when the game launched. I can see a huge difference. There are the odd things that still look slightly grainy at times, more with objects then anything else. There are also still some jaggy edges but I think that may be down to the fact the console can only do so much with AA even with the pros supersampling mode switched on.

Yes this is true. One of the recent updates made the textures and overall quality look a lot better on the Xbox 1 and PS4 Pro. For people with just the PS4 like me we didn't see an enhancement but I hope that's coming down the line.
  • Options
    emxly wrote: »
    But when I compare skin on the PS4 pro Sims to pc Sims (both on a monitor) the PS4 Sims are much more pixelated/patchy

I don't think it will ever be on par with pc texture wise. I'm not sure of the consoles are powerful enough. They could be but I'm not sure. I'm happy with it now. I wish edges were less jaggy on objects and some windows though.
  • Options
    It is definitely alot better than it was, I will try to ask and hopefully they can be smoothed more if the consoles can support it!
  • Options
    On the regular PS4 to me it looks kind of dark even during noon and a little blurry. I'm hoping the regular PS4 will be getting a texture update soon. For one lighting needs to be improved and I'm talking outdoors.
  • Options
    On the regular PS4 to me it looks kind of dark even during noon and a little blurry. I'm hoping the regular PS4 will be getting a texture update soon. For one lighting needs to be improved and I'm talking outdoors.

Fingers crossed then that the base consoles get better textures. I hope they continue to improve the pro and x too.
  • Options
    I think they will! As long as we make them aware of stuff like textures I'm sure they'll try their hardest to improve them!