Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What size home do you prefer?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    Faith05201Faith05201 Posts: 245 Member
    Medium
    I like to build small to medium sized homes. Most of my game-play is spent with homeless sims, so we (my sims and I) usually start off with a bush to pea and a rock/bench on which to sleep (nap). I like lots of landscaping, too. :)
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Medium
    Medium, I hate tiny homes and massive homes alike.
  • Options
    NiLLANiLLA Posts: 514 Member
    Large
    Medium and Large homes equally. I build more larger homes but dont like playing with them much because it takes FOREVER to load lol
    Been playing The Sims since 2001. Mother to a beautiful girl.
    scdwkk.png
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Large
    Medium to large for me.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Small
    Medium sized.

Justine sized!
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I like playing with them all. I do not have a favorite. I love doing rags to riches. I start of with a homeless sim and then slowly move up to the mansion. They will live in several homes but are not allowed to move up until their current home is completely finished. I also love doing my own challenges where my sim will inherit a giant empty rundown property and then work to fix it up.
  • Options
    0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    Medium
    I prefer medium as I am doing The Sims 4 Legacy Challenge so I need family homes. Large houses just suck up all of my sims money through bills.
  • Options
    DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    edited March 2018
    Large
    I prefer houses and lots that accommodate and take advantage of the space of the lot. That would technically fall under both large and medium houses, but I just picked large because why not.
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited March 2018
    Medium
    Medium.

It feels more homey than large. It's also faster to navigate through than large, and easier to decorate than small and also more realistic considering the careers we have. I sometimes play until I can place my household into a large house and then scream "victory!", but I tend to lose interest not long after. I guess I don't enjoy taking 30 minutes to walk to the bathroom. Having longer days would make this a non-issue I think.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Large
    @catitude5 if you go into options and gameplay you can untick fill empty houses. the game will only fill empty houses if that box is ticked.

The box isn't ticked and the game does it anyway.
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    edited March 2018
    Large
    fullspiral wrote: »
    My favorite lot size to use for building is the 20x30. I prefer smaller homes. Great big rooms just don't look right to me so oftentimes after a build I will shrink the rooms to fit the furniture better.

I'm not sure which to choose in the poll. What is the definition of small and medium?

What did you use to make the sim in your display picture?

EDIT: On topic, I play 8+ sims at once and prefer larger spaces, but I have just used every inch of starter homes in the past (as my sim family outgrows the house and I just add to the lot)
  • Options
    Amaraen82Amaraen82 Posts: 25 Member
    Small
    I like relatively small houses, where I can see everything easily. I don't like multi-storey homes either. Efficiency!
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    Large
    I voted large.. The bigger land, the better for me..
  • Options
    ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    Medium
    I prefer a small to medium size home. I like houses that are right out of 1920s-1980s suburban America.

If my sims would actually stay in the kitchen to wash dishes instead of traveling to the bathroom in the furthest reaches of the house, I may build some bigger ones haha. It has been very difficult for me to get them to use the kitchen sink! Haha
  • Options
    midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    Small
    I love tiny homes, but they look kinda silly on a big open lot. If we could place our own lot sizes, it would be be 20x15 EVERYWHERE.
  • Options
    CatersCaters Posts: 102 Member
    Large
    I love giving my female sim a large home before she gets married, this is what I did in the Sims 3 as well. The male on the other hand, I usually have him on a small unoccupied lot before he gets married and usually my female sim invites him over to become friends then eventually boyfriends, then getting married. Here is what I plan for my home(got most of the first floor figured out)

Hallway and room between medical office(this is where she keeps the items from her promotions in her doctor career and bathroom(this is what I have left of the first floor with just concrete): Wood floor
    Second floor: Baby room, Toddler room, Child's bedroom, second bathroom, study, the rest depends on things like the male sim's job
    Basement: Indoor pool, not sure what else, maybe a third bathroom
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    Medium
    I like Medium lots sizes because even if I have to start small with a household I would have room and space enough for expansion as they grow bigger in no and get more pay checks..and I can as well add in most of the game's stuff and amenities and even a garden area depending on how well I maximize the space.

And frankly speaking the bigger the rooms the more empty the space feels even with furniture so you may have to put in lots and lots of items, decor and clusters just to fill up the emptiness

I only like big houses when I need the plenty space it has to get creative... and most times I use motherlode for the families who live in them... BILLS ARE CRAZY
  • Options
    ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    Medium
    I like Medium lots sizes because even if I have to start small with a household I would have room and space enough for expansion as they grow bigger in no and get more pay checks..and I can as well add in most of the game's stuff and amenities and even a garden area depending on how well I maximize the space.

And frankly speaking the bigger the rooms the more empty the space feels even with furniture so you may have to put in lots and lots of items, decor and clusters just to fill up the emptiness

I only like big houses when I need the plenty space it has to get creative... and most times I use motherlode for the families who live in them... BILLS ARE CRAZY

You are not kidding! Some of the bills are outrageous...even on medium sized homes :neutral:
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Medium
    I always stick with medium sized homes.
    He/Him
  • Options
    GeekeryGeekery Posts: 46 Member
    I love small houses, but medium houses show a purpose as well. I don't like any space left untouched and sometimes it just doesn't seem practical to have such a huge house and all of this empty space...or space that has to be filled with the same stuff in different styles.
    [Fan since The Sims]

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Medium
    I like my Sims to have space, but also not pee themselves trying to find a viable bathroom.