Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Outdoor Retreat Issues

I recently sent a sim of mine on vacation, just one out of the four in the household, and noticed a few issues while out on vacation.

1. The scattered fire places placed around the camp ground, specifically off the lot fire places, are not functional. I am able to light them, but I am not able to sit onto the attached benches, or roast food, or anything else. Kind of a bummer since they're nice to use spontaneously when my sim is hungry and no where near their camp ground.
2. The hermit for some reason always leaves whenever I visit them. I visit the hermit, intereact with each other for a little while, but then a bit later they leave the area completely and never come back as long as I'm visiting the Deep Woods area. I haven't tested out to see if the hermit comes back after leaving then coming back, but it is quite annoying to have this happen especially when I'm trying to befriend them to learn that secret herbal remedy recipe.
3. By far the biggest issue I've noticed, inactive sims in the household who stay home don't take care of their needs. When I select the other sims in my household to see how they were doing, most if not all of their needs were completely gone. I had a toddler whose needs were completely gone and a young adult sim whose needs were mostly gone. I was thinking that maybe once I return back home that they're needs would spring back up, but they didn't. I was worried my toddler would be taken away or that my young adult sim would die of starvation upon returning. Thankfully I was prepared with testingcheats enabled and made their needs happy before anything bad happened. This issue was also problematic since my young adult sim was constantly uncomfortable, not helping his job performance, in fact hurting it just slightly.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    There is an issue with some seating not being able to be used to sit around the campfire. This AHQ EA site thread refers to the issue.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-OR-Sims-Can-t-Sit-In-Log-Loveseats-or-Ottomans-Around/td-p/6616593

With the hermit, try travelling back to the camping grounds site, then back to the National Park and see if the hermit reappears.

With the sims not taking care of themselves when other sims are not there,it can help to manually press the button to “ take care of self ”. There is an issue that sometimes it doesn’t happen automatically.
    These two threads refer to the issues. The second one is similar to what is occurring in your game, although the toddler is not at daycare.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Care-for-Self-for-Sims-at-different-lot-not-properly/m-p/6626155#M57859
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Toddler-not-being-taken-care-of-at-daycare-low-needs/m-p/6582081#M56946
  • Options
    CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    edited February 2018
    I have the same bug with fire places. The issue is the 2 person seating attached to the fire pits. Single seating works OK. In build mode you can attach the single and double 'log type' seats to the fire pits. Only the single seats are available to use in live mode. The single seats work fine for me. Unfortunately, in Granite Falls, all the off lot fire pits have double seats. This makes them useless.

Edit: Thanks @rosemow . I will press 'me too' on the EA link.
  • Options
    CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    If you use the Wind Chimes and can hear them from a tent, your sim keeps getting woken every time the chimes ring off.

I edited the 'Campground' lot in Granite Falls so that I don't have to set it up every time I go on vacation. I put some wind chimes within earshot of the tents and the sims will not sleep. New game, EA sim and no Mods or CC tested.

I don't know if it is intended or not. Once you know you can't sleep in a tent near wind chimes it is not a problem.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Cyclelegs wrote: »
    I have the same bug with fire places. The issue is the 2 person seating attached to the fire pits. Single seating works OK. In build mode you can attach the single and double 'log type' seats to the fire pits. Only the single seats are available to use in live mode. The single seats work fine for me. Unfortunately, in Granite Falls, all the off lot fire pits have double seats. This makes them useless.

Edit: Thanks @rosemow . I will press 'me too' on the EA link.

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    I recently sent a sim of mine on vacation, just one out of the four in the household, and noticed a few issues while out on vacation.

1. The scattered fire places placed around the camp ground, specifically off the lot fire places, are not functional. I am able to light them, but I am not able to sit onto the attached benches, or roast food, or anything else. Kind of a bummer since they're nice to use spontaneously when my sim is hungry and no where near their camp ground.
    2. The hermit for some reason always leaves whenever I visit them. I visit the hermit, intereact with each other for a little while, but then a bit later they leave the area completely and never come back as long as I'm visiting the Deep Woods area. I haven't tested out to see if the hermit comes back after leaving then coming back, but it is quite annoying to have this happen especially when I'm trying to befriend them to learn that secret herbal remedy recipe.
    3. By far the biggest issue I've noticed, inactive sims in the household who stay home don't take care of their needs. When I select the other sims in my household to see how they were doing, most if not all of their needs were completely gone. I had a toddler whose needs were completely gone and a young adult sim whose needs were mostly gone. I was thinking that maybe once I return back home that they're needs would spring back up, but they didn't. I was worried my toddler would be taken away or that my young adult sim would die of starvation upon returning. Thankfully I was prepared with testingcheats enabled and made their needs happy before anything bad happened. This issue was also problematic since my young adult sim was constantly uncomfortable, not helping his job performance, in fact hurting it just slightly.

I haven't encountered the first two issues you mention but the third one happened yesterday. My teenage sim and her dog stayed at home and there was no button to make them take care of themselves. The mom had to go home early so I could see what the problem was and the teenager was basically starving (+extremely tired and in desperate need of a bathroom break). Not exactly how the gameplay should be.
  • Options
    LiesSim wrote: »
    filipomel wrote: »

I haven't encountered the first two issues you mention but the third one happened yesterday. My teenage sim and her dog stayed at home and there was no button to make them take care of themselves. The mom had to go home early so I could see what the problem was and the teenager was basically starving (+extremely tired and in desperate need of a bathroom break). Not exactly how the gameplay should be.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on the AHQ EA thread that I posted a link to
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Care-for-Self-for-Sims-at-different-lot-not-properly/m-p/6626155#M57859
  • Options
    redhotangelredhotangel Posts: 106 Member
    I have the same problem with the fire pits. I can't use them at all after lighting them, and there is nothing near them. My sims can't even roast marshmellows.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I have the same problem with the fire pits. I can't use them at all after lighting them, and there is nothing near them. My sims can't even roast marshmellows.

Hello
    Is this occurring in Granite Falls where seating is attached to the fire pits?
    If it is, you may like to post feedback or press me too on the AHQ EA thread about the issue.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-OR-Sims-Can-t-Sit-In-Log-Loveseats-or-Ottomans-Around/td-p/6616593