Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, it's been a month since Laundry Day release...

Comments

• Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    I bought Laundry Day and yes, I still find enjoyment in doing laundry!
    mir0163 wrote: »
    I really, REALLY want to be able to empty a laundry basket into a character's inventory. I'm doing laundry day with city living and have a laundromat for them to use, since the apartments are prebuilt things and I didn't want to mess around with making room. Besides, part of being in the big city is going down the street to do laundry. For slobs, who throw clothes on the floor this isn't a problem, but once someone puts clothes in the hamper, I can't get them out to wash them. I know they didn't create a laundromat, but wanted people to be able to simulate them. So how do we simulate having a laundromat without a way to get the laundry out of the building? Anyone found a simple way around this?

There's definitely a way as the developers did it on the livestream, have you tried dragging the actual hamper to their inventory?
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I didn't buy Laundry Day and wouldn't buy it due to no interest in laundry/missed the mark on eco-living theme
    samlyt22 wrote: »
    mir0163 wrote: »
    I really, REALLY want to be able to empty a laundry basket into a character's inventory. I'm doing laundry day with city living and have a laundromat for them to use, since the apartments are prebuilt things and I didn't want to mess around with making room. Besides, part of being in the big city is going down the street to do laundry. For slobs, who throw clothes on the floor this isn't a problem, but once someone puts clothes in the hamper, I can't get them out to wash them. I know they didn't create a laundromat, but wanted people to be able to simulate them. So how do we simulate having a laundromat without a way to get the laundry out of the building? Anyone found a simple way around this?

There's definitely a way as the developers did it on the livestream, have you tried dragging the actual hamper to their inventory?

I'm pretty sure you can't drag the hamper into the inventory, but you can drag the laundry piles into the inventory, or is that now broken too?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    If you don't have a hamper, but have a washing machine, or dryer, or washtub, or clothesline, then all clothes will fall to the floor and your sim can put the piles directly into inventory. I don't think there's any way to put clothes from a hamper into inventory without a washer or dryer, etc.
  • Options
    ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    I didn't buy Laundry Day and wouldn't buy it due to no interest in laundry/missed the mark on eco-living theme
    It looks boring. I have a big family in the game and I don't see myself doing laundry on top of everything else. Surprisingly, I'm perfectly satisfied with all the packs I have right now!
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    If you don't have a hamper, but have a washing machine, or dryer, or washtub, or clothesline, then all clothes will fall to the floor and your sim can put the piles directly into inventory. I don't think there's any way to put clothes from a hamper into inventory without a washer or dryer, etc.

But doesn't that defeat the purpose of taking your laundry and doing them off in a laundromat? You might as well just do laundry at home then.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    I didn't buy Laundry Day but I still would love to purchase so I can have laundry!
    I finally just bought City Living and Get to Work, as well as Dine Out so I'm very behind. But I love the CAS and the laundry gp looks pretty cool
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited February 2018
    Pegasys wrote: »

But doesn't that defeat the purpose of taking your laundry and doing them off in a laundromat? You might as well just do laundry at home then.

Yeah it kinda does, but maybe if the washer/wash tub etc. is hidden on the lot, you can "pretend" they don't have a washer/dryer. Maybe a modder will come up with a way to have all sims drop laundry or remove laundry from the hamper. Edit - Already done - see below

Another way to do it, admittedly not ideal either, but another way, is to simply let the hamper fill up and then wash the clothes that fall on the floor after the hamper is full. And pretend the full hamper doesn't exist (hide it, etc.)

Edited to add: Modder LittleMsSam has made a mod called "No Auto Put in Hamper" which does... just that. Check out http://littlemssam.de/small-laundry-overhaul/
  • Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    Other (please explain)
    LittleMsSam made a mod to remove the annoying idle animation from laundry
    http://littlemssam.de/small-laundry-overhaul/
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I still find enjoyment in doing laundry. It gives my Sims something to do during the day or night. It also feels more like a home having the machines and doing the laundry every other day or so. I'm also a big fan of the CAS items. I've even mixed a few pieces with the shorts that came with the Backyard Stuff pack.

As for real life, that's another matter when it comes to laundry... :D
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Blayer98Blayer98 Posts: 27 Member
    Personally I don't like the Laundry Day Stuff Pack, I would have preferred other options you could vote for like Dangerous Stuff or Arcade Stuff. I do hope that a "Dangerous" stuff pack comes because we NEED MORE DEATHS in the Sims 4 lol
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I bought Laundry Day, but haven't really played around with the laundry aspect much...
    Haven't really tried out the pack.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    It’s a nice side activity that I do every once in a while, I like all the new idle animations sims do when wearing clean clothes, or dirty clothes.
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    I bought Laundry Day, but haven't really played around with the laundry aspect much...
    I bought it two days ago. It's nice I guess?
    I don't think there's much to learn from this stuff pack. You put clothes in, you take clothes out. Wow.
    I actually voted for this too. I don't know what I expected. I should've voted for off the grid instead.

On the other hand I find that the build/buy stuff is great!
  • Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    More than enjoy doing laundry I enjoy the furniture and having the washer and dryer in my houses because they look so cuuuuute! Also the rest of the stuff that came with the pack. It is a gorgeous pack!
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited March 2018
    Other (please explain)
    @InfinitexSims

I have gotten a majority of my stuff packs for $5 or less, so they do have the rare sale that includes stuff packs. I got most of stuff packs in 2016 though.

Yep. Took advantage of that ORIGIN50 sale and bought all the stuff packs and game packs up to that date. That sale was before Vintage Glamor Stuff and Vampires were released. I'm waiting for the next one to get Vintage Glamor and on. :)

I won't pay more than 50% for it. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to the tediousness of Sims slaving to laundry, but I would definitely use some of the buy/CAS items.
    The wash bucket is a great setup for my homeless Sims though (along with the barrel grill from JA).
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I would like a Wedding pack next or something more interesting then Laundry what a drudge.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I bought this pack for the CAS and BB items. I couldn't care less about laundry.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    Johnvincent1229Johnvincent1229 Posts: 24 Member
    Other (please explain)
    I can't buy it because its not on console
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Other (please explain)
    I didn't buy it because they put the price up
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Nah, I don't think I'll get it. Unless I can catch it on sale super cheap just for the BB. I'd much prefer the eco pack so my gardener sims can actually seem like gardeners.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I bought it and still enjoying it. Since the core game is lacking, adding the stuff packs, game packs, and EPs have added in me actually enjoying the game and playing it.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited March 2018
    To be honest I've barely actually played since around Parenthood came out, I've only bought packs for the CAS stuff cause creating Sims is my favorite thing to do for awhile now, but when I do get back into the game itself I'm going to have A LOT of new stuff to do. :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I mostly bought the pack for it's build and buy-its so cosy and pleasant aesthetically to me. I am yet to try out the laundry game play
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    [quote="NorthDakotaGamer;c-16327418"]I was gifted the pack. While some of the furniture gets used, the main gameplay feature "laundry" was tried only once before the objects being promptly deleted. I am waiting for the actual eco-living type pack that was promised. The CAS items are not the good and too chic looking to me too.[/quote]

I am very much aligned with North Dakota here. I have so far used the male hair and the round table. I feel like laundry was a heist of the eco theme. I would like to see an eco pac where the sims can do tageble things to reduce their bills like solar panel reduces bills by a factor, maybe Grey water recycling and bring back sprinklers where watering with grey water improves plant quality faster. Maybe using the clothesline reduces bills. The home preserves idea should be integrated also. They should be able to can fish and harvestables as well as more complicated recipes with multiple ingredients like chutneys at higher canning skill. I think the canning machine should be just as grand and maybe even more extra than the cupcake machine. A composting toilet and potty similar to the science garbage can idea maybe. Even better a really super steam punk high heat composter that unlocks other special plants like garbage fruit. And outdoor fish ponds. Meaning use an existing fountain but add fish.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    the cas and gameplay are unimpressive to me. i might eventually buy for the bb, idk.

The hanging light bulb is worth $10 alone.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png