Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Salvadorada map!

jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I can’t get over how big it is compared to Vampires and Outdoor Retreat!

It has a few fast travel areas in between but I really appreciate the Open feel.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    It’s so cool! I wonder what that island at the bottom is, and how do you get to it?
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    It’s so cool! I wonder what that island at the bottom is, and how do you get to it?

Magic..?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2018
    This reminds me of Sims 2 Castaway for PS2 so much! :)
    Loved that game!

Also they made a really BIG world this time and I'm totally impressed! It's only a Game Pack!
    I'd be happy to see more of the technology they used in this world in future worlds.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

In the LS, there was a pier with two small boats with outboard motors on them. I'm betting, you click on one and (like in BB) are transported to that island.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

There's a little dock area with boats near the Cantina and deck area. They might work like the one in BB.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I am already in love with the pack.
  • Options
    I was worried that there would be locals but no evidence of where they live, so I was very happy to see the locals houses in the near distance.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

In the LS, there was a pier with two small boats with outboard motors on them. I'm betting, you click on one and (like in BB) are transported to that island.

I hope so.
  • Options

I hope so.

I hope there's something really special on that tiny island that makes the trip worthwhile.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I just asked SimGuruNinja on twitter.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Selvadorada*
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    This reminds me of Sims 2 Castaway for PS2 so much! :)
    Loved that game!

Also they made a really BIG world this time and I'm totally impressed! It's only a Game Pack!
    I'd be happy to see more of the technology they used in this world in future worlds.
    That, plus the fact - if I understand correctly - there are seven temple venues. If they are all resettable in completely new ways (not just loot but, like, everything in there) I will be so happy! Think I am sold already by the way, the temples must be really bad not to and I don’t have any reason to believe they are. If they are as good as the world, I must have it for my game and try it out.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    It's one of the best GP with Parenthood and Vampires.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    [Content removed - EA_Mage]

Yes, but so far my hopes are really up. Also because of those backdrops, they do care *wipes away emotional tear* ;)
    Post edited by EA_Mage on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    edited February 2018

What have you done with the real @JoAnne65 ? :p
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Yes, but so far my hopes are really up. Also because of those backdrops, they do care *wipes away emotional tear* ;)

What have you done with the real @JoAnne65 ? :p
    Oh it is me haha. It’s just that I love to see how they made changes in areas I had/have serious issues with, which makes me confindent they are in fact listening to whiners complainers critics ;) Plus WA happens to be one of my favourite packs, I will love that kind of gameplay in any Sims game. And another reason I’m more confident is that I see 7 temples (thought there would be 1). If each one has let’s say 3 or 4 different scenarios, that will mean gameplay!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    I may be wrong, but I believe there is only one temple. There are quite a few "gates" to hack through to get to other areas where there are things to explore and discover. I'm guessing all of these change or reset with every visit so new treasures or pop-ups are displayed. We have yet to see the actual temple. That will be next Friday.

I thought the pop-up about the sloths was funny because it sounded as though they got frightened and left quickly and sloths are not very fast at all. I pictured a group of sloths all moving in slow motion, away from the area.

Also, did anyone else notice that the machete can be "used up"? I guess it has a limited number of hacks and must be replaced at some point.
  • Options
    SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    I think this GP is hopefully a good sign that future packs will be even better. :) I'm excited to see what else they have in store.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    the machetes...i don't know if they have a set number of uses or 'hacks' before they can get used up, but i did notice that they will vanish or break. and they're also used for some of the chance card things when your sim breaks into a new area. i'm pretty sure that'd use one up, the way one used up the flower in the stream (the one option there to use a machete, they picked the 'just pull it out' option)

i figured there's likely a chance the machete will break each time it's finished clearing a path. but yeah, it'll be good to bring multiple. and multiple flowers, if you can get them (still not sure where they're from, other than 'in town'. and they don't seem to be part of the gardening collection, so likely won't be growable on your own)
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2018
    I may be wrong, but I believe there is only one temple. There are quite a few "gates" to hack through to get to other areas where there are things to explore and discover. I'm guessing all of these change or reset with every visit so new treasures or pop-ups are displayed. We have yet to see the actual temple. That will be next Friday.

I thought the pop-up about the sloths was funny because it sounded as though they got frightened and left quickly and sloths are not very fast at all. I pictured a group of sloths all moving in slow motion, away from the area.

Also, did anyone else notice that the machete can be "used up"? I guess it has a limited number of hacks and must be replaced at some point.

I also think there is only this one big tomb lot (which is the pyramid) but there also must be at least another hidden lot: when you look at the map you can see these hidden pools above the pyramid.
    This must be a hidden lot, unless they somewhere managed to put swimmable pools into public space. :D (which I doubt)

About the machete: I also think it can be used up and saw that machetes actually are in the inventory of a Sim. :)
    I'm wondering where we get machetes tho? I didn't saw a stand selling them at the cantina...
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited February 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    And the fact it appears to be an actual map, which will contribute to its open feel. Backdrops making sense. This may not be important to everyone but it sure is to me. Curious for the temples.

This is something that I would say for the people that argue it isn't important, they've probably never had a game that did it.

Dark Souls got praise because if you actually catalog the world and create a map of it, the map is internally consistent. You'll traverse the world and realize you can see ruins flooded with lava from a dark graveyard area, and the thing is that actually is to scale and aligns 100% with what you would actually expect to see at that location. The whole effect adds to the immersion and realism of the world while also making it a bit more fun to explore since you never know what connections you might find.

Dark Souls 2 was not as well-received as the original, and one of the major points in the game that sparked mixed and negative reviews was that part of the game had you climbing to the top of a giant windmill on a hill, taking an elevator at the top of the windmill up, and then when you emerge from the elevator, you immediately find yourself looking at a castle sinking into a sea of lava. Sure enough, people tried the same map cataloging for the game and it simply makes no sense. Check the comments in both vids and you'll see what I mean, as many of the comments are years old (Dark Souls 2's release) and indeed complain about the loss of an internally consistent world.

I personally like the neighborhoods where I can see plenty of neighboring lots and dislike ones where it's all an illusion. I mentioned this pack's world impressed me and I hadn't been impressed by a world since Windenburg. Coincidentally, Windenburg has a huge neighborhood where Partihaus lives that connects both some residential lots with downtown businesses, despite them being a decent distance apart. I like that though because that neighborhood is filled to the brim with real locations you can interact with, instead of being tiny with a bunch of fake setpieces blocking your view and trying to give the impression the world is bigger than it is, even when the illusion seems to make no sense with what should be there.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options

I also think there is only this one big tomb lot (which is the pyramid) but there also must be at least another hidden lot: when you look at the map you can see these hidden pools above the pyramid.
    This must be a hidden lot, unless they somewhere managed to put swimmable pools into public space. :D (which I doubt)

About the machete: I also think it can be used up and saw that machetes actually are in the inventory of a Sim. :)
    I'm wondering where we get machetes tho? I didn't saw a stand selling them at the cantina...

If you look on the map, at the top most question mark, it appears to me, that is where the talking stone head is located. What do you think?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @DeservedCriticism Sims 2 did it too. I really hope this means they realize actual maps are important.
    5JZ57S6.png