Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wonder if there is any way to keep our sims from dying on this vacation

Comments

• Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    I hope my sims randomly die!! I think by the time this comes out my sims will be young adults. Instead of just playing my heir, maybe ill play his sister too and see who survives :) whoever lives will be the true heir.
    I'm just gona say it now..... I really hope they don't nerf deathes before the pack is even out.... Or after... Or ever. This randomness is needed. And it's not even that random hah jungles are dangerous.

YES! But I’m sure somehow, someway people will start complaining about their sims dying and they’ll tone it down. Let’s just cross our fingers that they won’t though!
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm excited about the pro-tip @SimGuruNinja. I'll stock up on insect repellent and more for sure. You've also given me game play ideas in the I'm too excited to play phase to come.
    If you don't want certain sims to die though. Save, save, save beforehand. Or send in some sims that you can sacrifice for the greater good of your sim game lol. Or just wait till a guide tells you how to get through something easier.

I agree up front though I don't want it toned down. If kids can't make it though a dangerous area a good parent would leave them behind or turn back or think about it before leaving them orphaned. Not that I'm a good parent in every game. I'm sure there will be areas that you won't get hurt in or if you do you can rest it off or even seek some first aid.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think it will be like S3's Mummy curse where, if your sim came in to contact with a Mummy, they could get a death curse. But you had time to find a cure or wait out and let them die. I don't foresee any instant deaths in the jungle.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I wonder what happens if they die in this world if your sim can bring their ashes or vase back.

That's a good question. Does anyone know what happens if one sim from your household is on vacation and they die? Do the ashes get transported to the household inventory and the game goes back to your remaining household?
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Lex2221 wrote: »
    I hope my sims randomly die!! I think by the time this comes out my sims will be young adults. Instead of just playing my heir, maybe ill play his sister too and see who survives :) whoever lives will be the true heir.
    I'm just gona say it now..... I really hope they don't nerf deathes before the pack is even out.... Or after... Or ever. This randomness is needed. And it's not even that random hah jungles are dangerous.

YES! But I’m sure somehow, someway people will start complaining about their sims dying and they’ll tone it down. Let’s just cross our fingers that they won’t though!

"OMG my Sims die all the time!!!1!1!1! Nerf deaths plz"

^ like that?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member

^ like that?

Yeah it's not like there are already many ways to resurrect a Sim or play as a cool ghost. :D Maybe these people don't know about Ambrosia?
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    edited February 2018

Ok. You got it. We're always listening!
  • Options
    PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member

NOOOOoooooo! Side note, I hadn't played Sims 3 for years. I started a new game a couple months back, spent a bunch of time making a family and a house, and within 2 minutes of starting the game, a meteor crashed down, killing one of the sims and trashing the house. I sat in shock, and then burst out laughing. I had tears streaming I was laughing so hard. Do not want nerf. Moar danger!!11!!!
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Don't nerf death! Oh please please please! MORE DANGER!!!!
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    But I promised paradiseplanet. They will be so upset if I don't follow through.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Let's risk it.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    It was a pie crust promise, easily made and easily broken. It's time to snap our Sims out of the lull of promised safety and the guarantee of dying only from old age. It's time for them to face their mortality and test their mettle. MORE DANGER!!!! >:)
  • Options

I'm not paying toll to the troll! :D But seriously. Some of my best sims plot lines develop out of unexpected events. They force me to change my narrative, and it's so fun when a story I didn't expect takes wing. That meteorite sat in the center of my lot throughout my storyline. So bring on those curses and critters! 2 more weeks!
  • Options

oi no
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    When you send them into the temples you risk poison darts or skeleton curses and outside the temple bees and other hazards. I'm glad the chance of death occurring at random is higher now but what if you don't want you're sim to die?

We've given you some new ways to prepare for and protect against the many dangers you'll inevitably face. (Protip - Folks who have the Herbalism skill from Outdoor Retreat also have useful recipes available to them)

That means more plants! Maybe more insects! YAY! Time to make a collectibles room!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    I think i'm gonna take a sim I don't really care about first before I take my more precious ones. Am I the only one who likes the element of danger though? Also it sounds like I need OR so I can learn herbalism! (I'm a little behind and I only got TS4 in oct 17 when I finally upgraded me computer)
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Some of my best sims plot lines develop out of unexpected events. They force me to change my narrative, and it's so fun when a story I didn't expect takes wing.

Exactly my thoughts! Please @SimGuruNinja don't nerf the deaths in this game and bring more permanent consequences and unexpected events that change gameplay! :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Exactly my thoughts! Please @SimGuruNinja don't nerf the deaths in this game and bring more permanent consequences and unexpected events that change gameplay! :)
    Yes! And while I know Ninja was just kidding (hilarious, btw), it really did get me thinking about it. Of course no one wants things that unexpectedly kill sims ALL the time (it would get old very quickly), it's the knowing there's a chance it *could* happen, and the danger is real. Historically in the sims, there's almost always a chance for the player to take some action before someone gives up the ghost anyway. Anyway, I can't wait to make a city character who decides to be part of a jungle party, is clumsy, slightly annoying but endearing, has no common sense, charges in to check out that weird looking obviously cursed object, etc. HYPE

Edit: And of course, there are scads of unexpected things that don't necessarily kill you that are great fun too! So many fun. I see such promise in this pack.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Danger, danger, danger. I'm tired that my sims live in a world of Care Bears.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    If there is no risk, there is no adventure. Let the probability of death commence. :#
  • Options
    hevker wrote: »
    I think i'm gonna take a sim I don't really care about first before I take my more precious ones. Am I the only one who likes the element of danger though? Also it sounds like I need OR so I can learn herbalism! (I'm a little behind and I only got TS4 in oct 17 when I finally upgraded me computer)

Welcome aboard! :)
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    Lol @paradiseplanet see what you did? :p Reading this thread has made my day!
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    If you don't want the sim to die don't send him into the jungle with deadly bees, spider, and traps in every corner of a temple xD

This.

I am glad to see risk finally being brought back into the game. My Sims 4 Sims practically feel immortal. That's so against the real roots of the game, where it was a constant effort to keep your Sims not only happy and healthy, but alive, too.
  • Options
    Lol @paradiseplanet see what you did? :p Reading this thread has made my day!

I'm just doing good work o:)
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited February 2018

Aw, phooey. Maybe instead of nerfing death, when supernatural or its equivalent comes out, maybe add a resurrection spell or magic resurrection stone object that can be placed. Kind of like they do in Titan's Quest...where the fountains are the resurrection points (essential for getting through difficult areas or levels). In the meantime, wishing wells will have to do.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.