Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wonder if there is any way to keep our sims from dying on this vacation

When you send them into the temples you risk poison darts or skeleton curses and outside the temple bees and other hazards. I'm glad the chance of death occurring at random is higher now but what if you don't want you're sim to die?

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I wonder what happens if they die in this world if your sim can bring their ashes or vase back.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm guessing the chance of death won't be that high. (Sadly) I'm also going to guess that maybe there's some kind of way to prevent a death.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    There's also recovering to an earlier save! Better late than never.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Hey, don't forget all the ways to resurrect that are in this game. Just grow a few Death Flowers and... don't fear the reaper!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    If you're that worried about it just make sure your sim has a death flower in their inventory before they go on vacation.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    3KNPen wrote: »
    If you're that worried about it just make sure your sim has a death flower in their inventory before they go on vacation.

Wait, I thought another Sim had to give the death flower to Grim to avoid the one who died to be taken?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2018

Wait, I thought another Sim had to give the death flower to Grim to avoid the one who died to be taken?

Don't forget kids...always hold hands and go on pairs so you don't end up lost or dead on the floor, without a lovely bouquet of death flowers.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member

They do. But honestly if someone is that worried about a sim doing something and dying they definitely shouldn't send them into a situation where there isn't at least one other sim around to beg for their life/bribe Grim with flowers anyway.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    You can use the cheat "death.toggle false" if you don't want your sims to die
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options

But that's cheating! ;)
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I hope my sims randomly die!! I think by the time this comes out my sims will be young adults. Instead of just playing my heir, maybe ill play his sister too and see who survives :) whoever lives will be the true heir.
    I'm just gona say it now..... I really hope they don't nerf deathes before the pack is even out.... Or after... Or ever. This randomness is needed. And it's not even that random hah jungles are dangerous.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member

But that's cheating! ;)

You've never Cheated Death? :smirk:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Maybe having their athletic skill would be helpful for surviving in the jungle and temple as well as the handiness skill for disarming traps. (Also good point with the death flower. Completely forgot about it).
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I imagine that for every way there is to die in the jungle, there will be a way to stop it. Maybe an antidote for the dart or a serum for the spider poison or a special herb to collect like aloe vera. I don't think a sim will die unless you really want them to.
  • Options
    When you send them into the temples you risk poison darts or skeleton curses and outside the temple bees and other hazards. I'm glad the chance of death occurring at random is higher now but what if you don't want you're sim to die?

We've given you some new ways to prepare for and protect against the many dangers you'll inevitably face. (Protip - Folks who have the Herbalism skill from Outdoor Retreat also have useful recipes available to them)

So, what I'm hearing is "Go to GF and up your herbalism skills".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited February 2018

That's how it worked in TS3, right? Death flowers work differently in TS4.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    I actually wish an accidental death was more likely to happen in The Sims 4. It never happened to me in this game, not even once. I'm glad if there is a compromise with the new pack - less deviant players can make sure nothing happens to their sims, and the deviant players will hopefully have more fun.

I created a "quicksand" pool to add somewhere in the jungle. If I get tired of a sim, I'll send them to the pool and close the hedge and go play some other sim while they slip away.
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

That's certainly one way you can prepare beforehand. I'd also say that you could consider the existing skills your Sims have that may be relevant to jungle exploration. Maybe a skill up or two wouldn't hurt? *shrug*

But there's also plenty of stuff you'll find in town once you go on vacation that'll help you along your way. Just don't arrive broke. That'll make it harder. ;)

• Options

That's certainly one way you can prepare beforehand. I'd also say that you could consider the existing skills your Sims have that may be relevant to jungle exploration. Maybe a skill up or two wouldn't hurt? *shrug*

But there's also plenty of stuff you'll find in town once you go on vacation that'll help you along your way. Just don't arrive broke. That'll make it harder. ;)

I hope the machete isn't a skill item. I'd hate for my sim to whack off an ear trying to get through the jungle. :D
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member

So keep a look out for materials and save your money? Lol
    BTW...
    @SimGuruNinja I have one question about the dig sight pit I saw on the video. Will there also be rare treasure maps for this GP?
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

We've given you some new ways to prepare for and protect against the many dangers you'll inevitably face. (Protip - Folks who have the Herbalism skill from Outdoor Retreat also have useful recipes available to them)

Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,871 Member

Ooh, thanks for this. I'd better get to brewing some potions. I was hoping we'd be able to use some of them. Awesome way to add in features from other packs.