Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

its actually kind of a pain ...

kturner1015kturner1015 Posts: 245 Member
Ok so first I ran into the whole "you dont have a washer on your lot" bug because there was a shelf over the washer. so i fixed that.
Now I'm noticing clean clothes go into the hamper, and I know this because when I click on a full hamper I dont have the option to wash the clothes because "these clothes are already clean." They'll even be sparkling in the hamper, that's how clean they are.
But does anyone else sorta feel like laundry is being done CONSTANTLY? I need multiple hampers in the house and one of my household's sims is literally constantly doing laundry. I tried to reduce the amount of hampers in the house to fix this but apparently I need at least 3 on my lot so clothes don't fall on the floor.

Is there some sort of trick to making this a little more efficient? Oh and also: my washer and dryer break seemingly all the time. Is that a bug?

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Hm depends, my larger households have to do multiple loads a week but my single sim has one laundry day and only one hamper, so that seemed alright to me. Do you have your sims shower or change clothes a lot? Cause that would definitely up the frequency a lot. Or do you play large families?
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    I discovered that my sim, living in a family of 7 sims and 1 pet, can add the contents of four hampers to the washer before starting it. Does take a little time having them go back and forth, though. But it means I can get away with not having them do laundry every day.
    image.png
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Ok so first I ran into the whole "you dont have a washer on your lot" bug because there was a shelf over the washer. so i fixed that.
    Now I'm noticing clean clothes go into the hamper, and I know this because when I click on a full hamper I dont have the option to wash the clothes because "these clothes are already clean." They'll even be sparkling in the hamper, that's how clean they are.
    But does anyone else sorta feel like laundry is being done CONSTANTLY? I need multiple hampers in the house and one of my household's sims is literally constantly doing laundry. I tried to reduce the amount of hampers in the house to fix this but apparently I need at least 3 on my lot so clothes don't fall on the floor.

Is there some sort of trick to making this a little more efficient? Oh and also: my washer and dryer break seemingly all the time. Is that a bug?

I reported the "clean clothes" bug in another thread a few days ago. They're looking into it since other simmers are also reporting the same thing. In my current game it's hit and miss. I think a lot of it has to do with both pristine clothes getting into the hamper and once in awhile clothes that were just cleaned end up in there. Strangely enough, this does not happen with every load so I wonder why it's happening myself.

They're also looking into why we can't use the machines whenever there's items on the wall above them. I'm guessing a patch to fix both will be forthcoming soon.

As for making things efficient? The only thing I can think of is to do what I've seen in a lot of two and three-story homes and condos that are being built. It's a common thing to see the laundry room on the same floor as the bedrooms. I've got a three-story condo build I'm playing with, and luckily there's only two sims and a cat and laundry is done every third day. Their bedroom is on the top floor, and the laundry room is on the ground floor.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    For the clean clothes in a hamper only fix is to delete the hamper and place another one until it gets fixed.
  • Options
    Ravager619 wrote: »

I reported the "clean clothes" bug in another thread a few days ago. They're looking into it since other simmers are also reporting the same thing. In my current game it's hit and miss. I think a lot of it has to do with both pristine clothes getting into the hamper and once in awhile clothes that were just cleaned end up in there. Strangely enough, this does not happen with every load so I wonder why it's happening myself.

They're also looking into why we can't use the machines whenever there's items on the wall above them. I'm guessing a patch to fix both will be forthcoming soon.

As for making things efficient? The only thing I can think of is to do what I've seen in a lot of two and three-story homes and condos that are being built. It's a common thing to see the laundry room on the same floor as the bedrooms. I've got a three-story condo build I'm playing with, and luckily there's only two sims and a cat and laundry is done every third day. Their bedroom is on the top floor, and the laundry room is on the ground floor.

Is it specific to hamper types? There are 3 I believe that are interactive. Maybe it's only one hamper that is buggy.
  • Options
    Is it specific to hamper types? There are 3 I believe that are interactive. Maybe it's only one hamper that is buggy.

I've had it happen with the wicker and the plastic ones. Haven't tried the fabric one yet but I may later tonight.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Well we do know it isn't mod or cc related cause people like me are having this issue and I don't have any cc or mods. It's disappointing too.
  • Options
    My current save is no longer having this issue, but I think it has to do more with me changing my lot. I'm the type of simmer where I'll use a separate game only to remodel or build homes. I used that save to do some modifications to my latest build, then moved my sims into it in my current game. Everything seems to be working normally now. I'm using one hamper, the wicker one, since it goes best with the furniture from the Cats & Dogs EP.

It has me thinking... maybe a workaround is to move your sims out of the home and then move them back in to reset everything?

I don't want to derail this thread, but I noticed something interesting tonight that I didn't before. Has anyone noticed that one of the white or off white colors for the washer and dryers have coin slots? Are those functional?
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    edited January 2018
    Yes it's a lot of laundry. One Sim can change like 4x a day (go swimming, taking a shower, get dressed in the morning, get PJs at night) so it really adds up. I really wish the hampers were bigger.
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    When people were begging for laundry I said this would happen. Everyone complained about how annoying laundry got in Sims 3 and ended up deleting their washer/dryers......now, shocker, its happening in Sims 4 too. There were so many other ideas (such as the living off the land that came in second place) that would have expanded the gameplay so much more and would not have been annoying, but oh well......

You know what they say "people who keep repeating the same things over and over expecting different results........"

It was annoying in Sims 3 and its even more annoying now because its a more complicated system. I do love the objects however, those were nice, but we would have gotten those with the other theme as well anyway. Laundry is so beyond pointless, especially since you can't even have a functioning laundromat where sims go to do laundry (you can make one, but only your sim will do laudry there which is beyond redundent).
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Laundry isn’t fun. Who knew?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited January 2018
    I enjoy the laundry, but I'm only playing a single Sim so I don't have to do laundry every day. I like being able to check the pockets for random loose Simoleons.It's a minor inconvenience, just like doing laundry in Real Life. I haven 't had any bug issues so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, but I just moved my Sim to a house from an apartment so hopefully things will remain bug free.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Yes it's a lot of laundry. One Sim can change like 4x a day (go swimming, taking a shower, get dressed in the morning, get PJs at night) so it really adds up. I really wish the hampers were bigger.

i just wish they could collect from all hampers at one time, that would make it much easier.
  • Options
    Laundry isn’t fun. Who knew?

i actually thought that, lol. i was like "oh look, more laundry. just like IRL..." haha
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Hm depends, my larger households have to do multiple loads a week but my single sim has one laundry day and only one hamper, so that seemed alright to me. Do you have your sims shower or change clothes a lot? Cause that would definitely up the frequency a lot. Or do you play large families?

yeah, i dont usually play large families but right now both my sims were "family oriented" so here we are with 4 kids lol
  • Options
    Schantal wrote: »
    When people were begging for laundry I said this would happen. Everyone complained about how annoying laundry got in Sims 3 and ended up deleting their washer/dryers......now, shocker, its happening in Sims 4 too. There were so many other ideas (such as the living off the land that came in second place) that would have expanded the gameplay so much more and would not have been annoying, but oh well......

You know what they say "people who keep repeating the same things over and over expecting different results........"

It was annoying in Sims 3 and its even more annoying now because its a more complicated system. I do love the objects however, those were nice, but we would have gotten those with the other theme as well anyway. Laundry is so beyond pointless, especially since you can't even have a functioning laundromat where sims go to do laundry (you can make one, but only your sim will do laudry there which is beyond redundent).

LOL i thought the same thing, when they released a laundry pack i thought to myself, "a stuff pack about a chore most people dont like to do. ok then." aaand then i bought it so jokes on me. lol
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I discovered that my sim, living in a family of 7 sims and 1 pet, can add the contents of four hampers to the washer before starting it. Does take a little time having them go back and forth, though. But it means I can get away with not having them do laundry every day.

I must try this with my 7-sims-and-a-pet household.
  • Options
    The worst is lazy Sims who leave their laundry all over the house! I didn't hit the jackpot with the townie I married to my legacy Sim for sure (and with 5 kids... that's a lot of laundry).

I do love having a laundry room though...
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member

i just wish they could collect from all hampers at one time, that would make it much easier.

Do you put all the hampers in one location, like right next to the washer/dryer? Then at least your sims don't have to traipse through the whole house gathering laundry.
  • Options
    Pegasys wrote: »

Do you put all the hampers in one location, like right next to the washer/dryer? Then at least your sims don't have to traipse through the whole house gathering laundry.

well i tried that, but i found unless the hamper was reasonably close to where my sim was changing (like the upstairs bathrooms, for example) their clothes would end up in a pile instead of the hampers. i think i am just going to do what the other poster said & load several hampers individually into the washer, then wash them all together. that'll save at least a little bit of back & forth
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited January 2018

well i tried that, but i found unless the hamper was reasonably close to where my sim was changing (like the upstairs bathrooms, for example) their clothes would end up in a pile instead of the hampers. i think i am just going to do what the other poster said & load several hampers individually into the washer, then wash them all together. that'll save at least a little bit of back & forth

Hmmm that's strange, that sounds like a glitch. The hampers don't need to be anywhere near the sims, they just need to be on the lot.

My sims only have a hamper in the basement. Even when they change clothes on the 2nd floor, the clothes go into the hamper in the basement. The only time the clothes end up on the floor is when the hamper is full.
  • Options

Is your Sim lazy or something? My lazy Sim leaves clothes everywhere. No issue with anyone else.
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I think I found easier way to do laundry and avoid dirty clothes on the floor. My current household is 5 sims. So I placed 5 hampers in the laundry room. One hamper is usually empty, one has clean clothes in it and other 3 fill up with dirty clothes. I do laundry every other day by placing dirty clothes from all 3 hampers in one load. I’v tried it for 1 sim week and I think having one hamper per sim is the only option to avoid dirty clothes on the floor once hampers are full of clean clothes. It’s really ridiculous to have so many hampers, because my other household are mostly 8 sims.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Wait. Clothes can fall on the floor? That is awesome. Do they stay there?
  • Options

Is your Sim lazy or something? My lazy Sim leaves clothes everywhere. No issue with anyone else.

no! it was like, if they got changed in the bathroom after a shower or somthing, if there wasnt a hamper nearby (in the bathroom or in the adjoining bedroom) the clothes would go on the floor. far-away hampers dont fill with clothes, just nearby ones. i will try putting the hampers in the laundry room but i worry theyll be too far :neutral: