Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crazy outfits after work.

I haven't really played TS4 in a while(so idk if this is a new issue or older one) but after playing almost the whole day today I ran into a new issue(at least for me).
After my sims came home from work they were wearing the craziest outfits ever.. the outfits were honestly worse than the festival outfits or the ones that NPC Sims were wearing during the night. When my Sim came home from work she was wearing a turban, tank top, undies and cowboy shoes..
I haven't seen this issue before but I haven't played the game in 1.5 months.
So my guestion to all of you is that are you having the same problem with your game?

Comments

• Options
    KiernonKiernon Posts: 47 Member
    Might it be their work uniform? What job are they working? Athlete career has you dressing up as a giant llama during the mascot part. LOL.
  • Options
    I've never had a turban and undies combo for any job my sims have worked though. I know I haven't been through all the careers yet though.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    @Kiernon I have owned TS4 since the day it came out, so I know how all the work uniforms should look like.
    One of my Sims is in a tech guru career and the other one is in a business career. The normal uniforms for those careers doesn't look like that at all.
    I have never had this type of issue before either.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I've dipped into most of the career paths and I can tell you that that is not the usual attire after a promotion lol. I think I had this issue once where after a promotion both sims in the household came back wearing wacky things. They live in an apartment in Uptown.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Your sim must be making a pit stop after work to some crazy parties in that case. Hasn't happened to me yet so not sure how to resolve. :( Good luck finding a fix!
  • Options
    krenee77krenee77 Posts: 41 Member
    Maybe they went to one heck of a promotion party, got drunk and lost their clothes! If one of my sims had come home in that outfit I would have laughed so much. That's great. Sounds like one of the endearing bugs that this game has at times.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    The only time I experience my own Sims returning home from work/school with crazy outfits, is when they get promotions.
    It’s easy enough for me to fix school outfits; they just disappear after I make them change into a different outfit. As for work outfits, I always have to use the cheat to go into CAS and edit them.
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    it happens to me as well, and I don't know why.
    I think it might be the fact I have a lot of mods in my game, so there's nothing i'd do about it because I need my mods.

-Yarden.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    That actually happened to my Sim when she got promoted in the entertainment career. Space helmet, blouse, underwear and some boots.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    edited January 2018
    I wish editing career outfits were easier, but for now I have to enter a cheat to fix them.

Are standard career outfits a thing or does the game just throw together whatever it sees fit?

I once had a sim in the Writer career and used to switch into something that looked like uniform but after being promoted to the 4th level they have been wearing a space helmet to work :|
  • Options
    @paradiseplanet my Sims live in Brindleton Bay. I have seen people wearing weird outfits in San Myshuno before during the festivals before but never after work.

@Kiernon @krenee77 that must have been one crazy party then :dizzy::smiley: I laughed when I saw the outfits but I do wish that they would look normal after work.

@Yardenro I have no mods in my game. It's totally vanilla so mods can't be the problem.

@LadyKyn @DevilNDisguise it started happening to me after the promotion too.

@x_Always_Heart_x every career has it's own career outfits. Once you climb up the ladders to get to the top of a career you even unlock new outfits for your Sims as well.

I will play TS4 later today and I'll take some screen shots of the outfits IF they happen today.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    This happened to one of my Sims in the painting career after some of the promotions. He would show up home wearing the tin foil hat for instance and something else I don't remember what. I can't find a screenshot which I am pretty sure I did take :neutral:

I haven't noticed this in other careers nor have I noticed this again with the painting career but then the only other Sim I had in that career just got fired (FINALLY!!!!) after never showing up to work for more than a week. So no promotion for her :smirk:
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    There was a time that this was happening when the kids came home from school they were coming home in their underwear. Must have been a tough day at school. I really thought they fixed that I guess not they just transferred it LOL
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    This can occur after sims have been promoted. For simmers who are having this issue, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Random-clothing-after-promotion-grades-Up/m-p/5441059#M27020

Well I don't really mind this bug. For me its just my Sims celebrating their promotions with an at work celebratory party. Changing their outfits back to normal is a quick to do. I've never had kids come home dressed differently though.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    This issue has been around for ages. This is what my musician came home in after one promotion (almost a year ago real time):
    tumblr_oly72kAjiG1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg

And one of my kids came home in a very fancy outfit after she got an A in school:
    tumblr_ordv0tL6y51v8k7elo1_1280.jpg

I do hope all the crazy outfits bugs get fixed someday soon. It's annoying.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    I don't remember any of my sims coming home like that, but my one sim has come home in her bathing suit and a different one came home in just a towel.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I see sims with crazy outfits all the time so I can’t even tell what triggers it
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    @MDianaSanders this was the first time when it happened to me.
    It kinda makes me feel good that I'm not alone with this lol.
    Thank you for the info :smile: I hope that it gets fixed asap!
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited January 2018
    Did this all start happening with everyone after this month's patch? You can bet what broke it then.

Or rather what made it worse.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    For some reason lately i have this evil toddler she will not go to bed all she does is run around the lot naked! I keep trying to get her to do something else she does for awhile then i go looking again and she is outside and yeo you guessed it naked! I lmao all the time.