Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim You - A new game developed by Will Wright

aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member

Well this is interesting...especially for those who want the first person experience of being a Sim.

Comments

• Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    simulating you 
    your data, your memories, your relationships, your concepts
    your mind
    a neural simulation

THE FUTURE IS HERE!!! But seriously, the way they described it creeped me out a little :D also that's why they said TS4 would have the longer lifespan of all series, they're releasing a lot of stuff latelly, that's nice.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    edited December 2017
    So its just a mobile game?
    I dont know how i feel about it so far, but ill look forward to more info
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Sounds more like the Matrix than the Sims. lol Building from your memories? Um, no thank you. I don't want anyone in my head. :D
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Uh....death by fire in first person???? I don't even want to imagine that!
  • Options
    I gotta say, I'm not a fan either, but I do find such news interesting, especially since Will Wright is involved. However, I'll just sit back and wait for the next sandbox game to be released.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I gotta say, it looks pretty terrible. And I'm not even sure what it is about. I get that we build a world with our memories but nothing even makes sense.

Either way, as a mobile game I couldn't possibly more uninterested.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    Hey, its developed by Will Wright. Instantly interested. If only he came back for The Sims 4 to fix it.
  • Options
    Kurotard wrote: »
    Hey, its developed by Will Wright. Instantly interested. If only he came back for The Sims 4 to fix it.

Nothing can fix that mess. :D
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Sounds like a test case for Sims 5 where you play as the sim.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Oh goodness, I sincerely hope this wouldn't be the case.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    aricarai wrote: »

I don't know if you've noticed but S4 is very "one sim based", meaning it revolves around your playing a single sim or household instead of rotational play. The next logical step, to be new and innovative, is to play as a sim in first person. It's not something I would ever buy.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member

I don't know if you've noticed but S4 is very "one sim based", meaning it revolves around your playing a single sim or household instead of rotational play. The next logical step, to be new and innovative, is to play as a sim in first person. It's not something I would ever buy.

I know youre not talking to me :)
    But IVE NOTICED and I dont like it. I so hope they dont go that route. My boyfriend talks about sims that way. Wanting a first person online experience, visiting real life people playing as sims, almost gta v ish. I'd hate something like that, personally. He always argues with me "no it would be so cool!!!" ...no.. Ill take regular sims no online play needed. That'd be so weird. What about like... Woohoo.... ? (Cringe) What my bf describes sounds like second life, and I'm not entirely sure what this simyou is....
  • Options

I second this.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    I'm intrigued by this. I do wonder if they'd ever make it a console game too; I'm sure it'd be better playing it that way than on mobile (if the game turns out to be good, I mean.)
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I definitely think it's a hoax.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I definitely think it's a hoax.
    Does the Sims Community page have a reputable source?
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I read social game. No thank you. Besides, I don’t want to play myself, the charm of Sims for me is playing someone else.
    (very much appreciate the notification though; keeping my eyes and ears open to any alternative for this franchise!)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited December 2017
    @Kurotard wrote: »

The Sims 4 is actually closer to where he was taking The Sims franchise than The Sims 2 or Sims 3.

He was the lead on The Sims Bustin Out, which is the project he supported over The Sims 2.

The Sims Bustin Out could be The Sims 4’s distant cousin.

Same art style, same humour, same oversized objects, similar worlds, even down to little things like the Map View.

He also chose to work on Second Life. And Spore was a mess.

Let’s just say, he had the idea. People made up rumours that Will Wright worked alongside The Sims 2, but all he did was green light them to work on it while he was still at Maxis and working on SimCity 4 and The Sims Bustin Out.
  • Options
    DeathCabForCutieDeathCabForCutie Posts: 59 Member
    Sounds like one of those generic mobile games where it's impossible to get anywhere without gambling/spending real money. They are all the same at the core, just each with a slightly different graphical direction.
  • Options
    magicmermaid9magicmermaid9 Posts: 122 Member
    I'm not really grabbing on to the idea at the moment.
    Whoops, just spent another day watching Dan and Phil
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Sounds like the opposite of what I look for in a sims game. I'd rather experiment with societies and environments and the individual sims are always secondary to my overall story for the save.

But that aside, has anybody an idea how this game would be played? Do I choose pictures from my phone that represent my memories, type something in freeform, pick an option from a dropdown menu or what exactly am I doing? And what's the game doing in return? Very confused.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

Umm all I do is play rotationally so I don't know if we are playing the same game.
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited December 2017
    He's been kicking something like this around for quite a while: I first heard about it some time ago, not that long after he quit Maxis.

https://www.polygon.com/features/2015/5/7/8564891/will-wright-sim-city-the-sims-spore
  • Options
    PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    Sounds like one of those generic mobile games where it's impossible to get anywhere without gambling/spending real money. They are all the same at the core, just each with a slightly different graphical direction.

I agree with this, sadly. Or it'll be where it takes an hour real time to construct a building, but if you use real money it can be done in a second, etc. I mean, I understand mobile games are like any other company and they strive to make money too, but yeah, it's still annoying when advancing in a mobile game requires real money. So hopefully this won't turn out like that.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    So it would be Second Life?
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.