Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5?

BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
People are already talking about a new possible future addition to the main Sims series, the Sims 5. I remember one of the devs from TS4 team talking about Sims 5. He basically said the devs weren't thinking about Sims 5 or even planning it. If Sims 4 wasn't successful, then there won't be a Sims 5. According to rumors, Sims 5 was speculated to be released around 2019. An announcement haven't been made yet so this is still unconfirmed. I have some ideas for Sims 5 if they consider it.

1. More life stages- We still have baby (under three months), toddler (two to four), older child (seven to ten), teen (fourteen to ninteen), young adult (early twenties to mid thirties), adult (mid thirties to late forties), and elder (over seventy), but Sims 5 should include more additional life stages for a more realistic aging development. Preteen (eleven to thirteen years), younger child (four to six years), middle aged adult (between mid fifties to late sixties).
2. Height customization- our sims should be different heights. Some could be short, medium, and tall.
3. Open world- I want a GTA-like open world.
4. More services- ambulance, garbage truck, mailman, parcel delivery
5. Family interactions from Sims 2- family kiss, the noogie (especially when a teen or parent does this to their sibling or child)
6. TS4 CAS and multi-task features

Comments

• Options
    CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    I feel like it's way too early for the devs to be even considering Sims 5 as well. Sims 4 still has a lot of work needed. However I do like and agree with all of your ideas. In sims 5 I also really hope they keep the emotion system from Sims 4. And also more story progression like in sims 2.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I feel like it's way too early for the devs to be even considering Sims 5 as well. Sims 4 still has a lot of work needed. However I do like and agree with all of your ideas. In sims 5 I also really hope they keep the emotion system from Sims 4. And also more story progression like in sims 2.

its never too early
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    suzibluesuziblue Posts: 2 New Member
    > @comicsforlife said:
    > DavidXbox123 wrote: »
    >
    > I feel like it's way too early for the devs to be even considering Sims 5 as well. Sims 4 still has a lot of work needed. However I do like and agree with all of your ideas. In sims 5 I also really hope they keep the emotion system from Sims 4. And also more story progression like in sims 2.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > its never too early

I agree with you, it's never too early, but it can be left too late. I really think they need to just bite the bullet on TS4 (admit it's a failure) and get TS5 started. They may lose almost all the fanbase if they don't.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    It's funny how these things can play out. I'm guessing that a huge amount of the feedback that EA received was about how buggy/laggy/generally impossible to play on a mediocre computer TS3 was. And rightfully so; we all know how hard the modders, CAW builders, and help-section experts have worked to make the game playable for so many of us. So what did EA do for TS4? They eliminated the open world and probably a bunch of other features that repeatedly caused problems. In fact, I remember that much of the advertising push for TS4 hyped the fact that it would be so much easier to play on slower computers. So in a way, we got what we wished for.

I'm not defending EA's approach at all. In a perfect world, they would have put together a better debugging team to make a smooth and glitch-free open world possible. And I know that even an immaculate sims world could be hard to run on some systems. But TS4 is exactly the kind of thing that ends up happening when a company thinks it's responding to its consumer base without taking the time or effort to understand what makes its previous product so compelling in the first place.

Please don't take my comments as an indictment of this ongoing discussion. In fact, I'm glad so many people are weighing in on why they haven't taken to TS4 the way they imagined. I just hope whatever development team EA has in place understands why it really didn't work, rather than focusing on the more easily fixable details. I too would love things like more discrete life stages, more personal or amusing interactions, and better-developed townies, but none of that would address the core of why I just can't play TS4.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

its never too early
    No it isn’t. According to reports the development of the Sims 4 started already in 2008 which is a year before the Sims 3 even was released. So the Sims 5 has most likely already been under development for years too!
  • Options
    ParadoxSimsParadoxSims Posts: 90 Member
    As long as they're able to continue to update and profit off TS4 I don't see a 5th one on its way for quite some time.
  • Options
    Sales numbers for the new expansions just become lower and lower the older the game has become. EA has never accepted this to continue after more than 5 years and with all the expansions that the Sims 4 already has I don’t see why EA suddenly should accept it now? So I still believe that the Sims 5 will be announced in very few months and as usual be released about 15 months later.

If EA hasn’t already a Sims 5 game that EA soon can tell us more about then the reason would usually be that EA plans to stop the whole series or at least give it a break for some years. But EA makes more and more Sims games instead. Therefore I am sure that EA won’t just let the Sims 4 become the last big Sims game for the PC either. The series has been way too profitable for EA for this!
  • Options
    ItsaChipmunkItsaChipmunk Posts: 0 New Member
    I don't have an opinion on when they should add it but here are the things that I really want to see be added in the sims 5: (whenever that will be)
    1. More life stages (as you already mentioned) I really want a stage right before elder and right before teen.
    2. Vehicles/cars for sims to buy and drive in, similar to Sims Freeplay. People who really like cars irl would love buying and customizing cars in game.
    3. Diverse maps/cities. Sims 4 did a really good job with Willow Creek, Oasis Springs and New Crest as it's base game maps, but I think it would be cool to have even more diverse maps like a metropolitan city, a forest area, or a snowy town.
    4. Height changes
    5. More furniture like cribs, laundry machines, hobby items, gaming consoles, and hot tubs
  • Options
    LuckyissaraLuckyissara Posts: 22 Member
    > @ItsaChipmunk said:
    > I don't have an opinion on when they should add it but here are the things that I really want to see be added in the sims 5: (whenever that will be)
    > 1. More life stages (as you already mentioned) I really want a stage right before elder and right before teen.
    > 2. Vehicles/cars for sims to buy and drive in, similar to Sims Freeplay. People who really like cars irl would love buying and customizing cars in game.
    > 3. Diverse maps/cities. Sims 4 did a really good job with Willow Creek, Oasis Springs and New Crest as it's base game maps, but I think it would be cool to have even more diverse maps like a metropolitan city, a forest area, or a snowy town.
    > 4. Height changes
    > 5. More furniture like cribs, laundry machines, hobby items, gaming consoles, and hot tubs

I do kind of want to see what a "Middle school" would be like for our kiddies. We have Elementary, Highschool, and College (Possibly on the way? for the Sims 4?) And the maps you mentioned do sound cool, I can literally imagine on what a forest area could look like.
  • Options
    mariakelly12mariakelly12 Posts: 4 New Member
    Sims 4 is successful I guess, so they should think about Sims 5.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    CrownSims wrote: »

As far as "work needed," they'll never fix the main problems with the game; we've learned that from past iterations. They just keep putting out new stuff to buy without fixing bugs.

I hope there is a TS5 with almost nothing from TS4. More realistic graphics, lose the stupid emotion system, big open world, pets and weather/seasons in the base game. They can't keep inventing the same wheel (bland base game, wait literally years for pets and weather) and expect gamers to buy it.
  • Options
    mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    TS5 coming out in 2019 is too soon with TS4 far from being complete. I know that an incomplete game will make me cautious in buying anymore packs in TS5.

I have all of TS2, parts of TS3, and all of TS4. With TS2 and TS3 I can play when ever I want with a complete game. It was because they are complete games that I felt confident in buying expansion packs at $19.99 or more. Now, if the game stops where they're at, they will never get another dime from me.

I look forward to a TS5, but not now.
  • Options
    mctsimmer wrote: »
    TS5 coming out in 2019 is too soon with TS4 far from being complete. I know that an incomplete game will make me cautious in buying anymore packs in TS5.

I have all of TS2, parts of TS3, and all of TS4. With TS2 and TS3 I can play when ever I want with a complete game. It was because they are complete games that I felt confident in buying expansion packs at $19.99 or more. Now, if the game stops where they're at, they will never get another dime from me.

I look forward to a TS5, but not now.
    Simmers didn’t think that they were complete in any way when EA announced the next game because simmers still always had a lot of things that they had hoped for in the current game. This was true both for TS1, TS2 and TS3 and now it has become true for TS4 too.

Apart from all that simmers have always hated the idea about starting over with a new empty basegame and then have to wait and buy all the same EPs again. But EA has always released a new basegame after 5 years anyway but attempted to make the next game different from the previous games.

So while I agree that simmers still just hope that the current game will get expansions for many more years (if they still play the game) I still don’t think that their wish will be fulfilled because EA will almost certainly announce the next basegame in very few months and then as usually release it about 15 months later (somewhere in the second half of 2019).
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    where getting off topic here people this is what would we like in sims 5 not when will sims 4 end
    I want emotion to make a return as well as fear being added and death by illness as well as more random deaths
    and less happy and more negative emotion and I don't want it to be an mmo that would be awful
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    CBroxCBrox Posts: 415 Member
    edited January 2018
    Sims 3 lasted 5 years but I feel like sims 4 will last longer because of how under developed it was. I hope a fresh team or some new people come to work on the sims, we need a huge revamp and promotion to hopefully make sims 5 the most successful ever.

I remember back when sims 4 was announced people were making huge wild assumptions for the sims 4 and literally NONE of what people wanted happened. People were saying that the graphics would be super HQ and all the EPs would come with the base game and the EPs would include tons of stuff and be super unique ......
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    CrownSims wrote: »

As far as "work needed," they'll never fix the main problems with the game; we've learned that from past iterations. They just keep putting out new stuff to buy without fixing bugs.

I hope there is a TS5 with almost nothing from TS4. More realistic graphics, lose the stupid emotion system, big open world, pets and weather/seasons in the base game. They can't keep inventing the same wheel (bland base game, wait literally years for pets and weather) and expect gamers to buy it.

Agreed with all of it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    no open world-the kind of worlds we have now is better because open worlds wouldn't work on everyone's computers
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    MadameLee wrote: »
    no open world-the kind of worlds we have now is better because open worlds wouldn't work on everyone's computers

That's a laughable argument. Any game nowadays pc or not needs a sustainable computer to be played, you don't have one lower the graphics still doesn't work, well, gotta get something more powerful. Gaming, especially triple A games aren't meant for lower end computers and The Sims is one of those games, otherwise they better not sell it for 60€ again, and I hope TS5 doesn't look like trash because EA tries to make it another app-like pc game.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

That's a laughable argument. Any game nowadays pc or not needs a sustainable computer to be played, you don't have one lower the graphics still doesn't work, well, gotta get something more powerful. Gaming, especially triple A games aren't meant for lower end computers and The Sims is one of those games, otherwise they better not sell it for 60€ again, and I hope TS5 doesn't look like trash because EA tries to make it another app-like pc game.

and not EVERYONE cna afford a gaming computer.. and a lot of people perfered what we have no compared to the Sims 3 open world because it wrecked havoc on their computers.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2018

and not EVERYONE cna afford a gaming computer.. and a lot of people perfered what we have no compared to the Sims 3 open world because it wrecked havoc on their computers.

No 🐸🐸🐸🐸, who would have thought. It's called life, I'm not rich either. But I still stand by the fact that TS5 should be open world and feel like a true advancement in the series. I'm not asking for ultra realistic graphics or anything, but open world, yes.

I for one do not prefer the loading screens on TS4. I loathe them as we can't even go to the house across the street without one. But open world isn't what wreked havoc on people's computers, it's very much the programming. Bad routing, poor optimisation and lack of sim generation control made TS3 the havoc you refer to.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member

I totally agree with you that EA shouldn't compromise the quality of a hypothetical Sims 5 so that almost any computer can play it. We have enough old and retro (and surprisingly well-made) games available already; I want my simming to be as expansive and creative as possible. I've wondered for years if the lack of open world in TS4 was a direct response by EA to the complaints that TS3 was laggy and buggy for so many gamers. Of course, the bugs weren't usually due to old computers, but they still made playing quite difficult on a suboptimal system. So instead of taking the time to build a world that could run smoothly, EA just cut down on many of the more demanding features and said, "See? Anyone can play now!" (Because there's nothing interesting enough to demand a computer's full resources.)

In a better world, maybe EA could just split the most resource-intensive features of a Sims 5 into EPs so that gamers with older computers could still play. You could opt to buy the deluxe version, with, say, Pets and Seasons, for $60, or just the base game for $40. I like the fact that so many people can play Sims games, even kids with hand-me-downs or people on a budget. Until a couple of months ago, I was playing TS3 on a seven-year-old computer, and it ran well enough for me to enjoy a specific save for only few generations. (Okay, so I mostly made big families.) But that doesn't mean that there can't be features built for high-end systems; I deliberately didn't buy most of the EPs until now, when I know I can run them properly. "Something for everyone" doesn't have to mean the same mediocre something, with no upgrades, for all of us.
  • Options

I totally agree with you that EA shouldn't compromise the quality of a hypothetical Sims 5 so that almost any computer can play it. We have enough old and retro (and surprisingly well-made) games available already; I want my simming to be as expansive and creative as possible. I've wondered for years if the lack of open world in TS4 was a direct response by EA to the complaints that TS3 was laggy and buggy for so many gamers. Of course, the bugs weren't usually due to old computers, but they still made playing quite difficult on a suboptimal system. So instead of taking the time to build a world that could run smoothly, EA just cut down on many of the more demanding features and said, "See? Anyone can play now!" (Because there's nothing interesting enough to demand a computer's full resources.)
    To understand it we need to stop thinking that ”EA just such a nice company that makes games to be nice to us even though EA makes a lot of not very understandable mistakes!” because as long as we think something like that we won’t ever understand EA!

EA doesn’t care about being nice and EA doesn’t make changes in the game in any attempt to please us! We have seen this so many times. So by now now we should understand that EA only makes games to sell them - and also that EA doesn’t care about old customers at all when EA is planning the next Sims game because all Sims games are mainly targeted at new young customers (and mainly young girls)! So EA only cares about:
    1. The next big Sims game has to be as different from all previous Sims games as possible such that it feels like a completely new game and not at all as some remake of a previous game.
    2. The next Sims game has to be mainly targeted at new young female simmers who aren’t used to big games. So it has to be a simple and easy game too. It also has to have relatively low minimum requirements such that it can run on almost all computers.
    3. The next big Sims game has to have a new main idea which can be used in the advertising to make as many as possible curious enough to buy the new game.

Therefore EA has always started to develop the next basegame already about the time where the previous basegame was released to test new ideas and to graduately develop the next basegame into something new like I mentioned above. Then EA has announced the game when it was almost finished and only needed some testing and adjustments about 15 months before it actually was released. So unless EA planned TS4 to become the last big Sims game ever I am also sure that TS5 is almost finished and will be announced in about 4 to 6 months from now and then released in the second half of 2019. But we will of course have to wait to see if EA will do this once more just like EA did for TS2, TS3 and TS4 - or if EA maybe thinks that the time for such big Sims games is over :)
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I hope in the next Sims game you can control the Sims with WASD, maybe interact with objects and other Sims using the E key or something. I feel like it would be more interactive that way. You could still have the God-mode from the highest camera view, and then zoom in with the mouse wheel on a Sim and it goes to third-person controls.

I'm over the 'click on the radial menu and watch the Sims walk half across the neighborhood and do something' thing. I want to see them sprint, jump, and spin around or whatever. Lean around a corner and spy on neighbors. Sneak up on someone fishing and shove them into the pond, lol. I want to sim the Sim, you know? To know the Sim, you must be the Sim. Not be the big guy up in the sky watching and gently nudging every 30 seconds to a minute. :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    ReneeSueReneeSue Posts: 17 Member
    I personally thought it was too early for sims 4 and they released it incomplete basically. Sims 4 is not the best of the series in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    ReneeSue wrote: »
    I personally thought it was too early for sims 4 and they released it incomplete basically. Sims 4 is not the best of the series in my opinion.

Honestly they should have fixed most of TS3's bugs before releasing TS4. Either way it's clear now and it was clear then that TS4 was rushed since it lacked, toddlers, dishwashers, family trees, pools, ghosts, basements etc. How can a game like the sims be released without family trees and pools? What a joke.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1