Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

old thread

CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
edited March 2018 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hello, so I deleted my previous thread as i'm feeling up to the solo-adventure of building to improve my skills!
I have an ongoing project with has started at -completely- demolished world, see here, where I'll be trying my hand at homes, community lots and new townies from the ground up and then hopefully some eventual story telling/gameplay. That's a pretty distant future, let's assume.

Making this was motivated by the fact that I fell in love with my first build for this project, and practically for the entire time I've played the sims in general as somebody who's never been a builder until I thought to do this. I mean, I fell out of love with that first build now but I already feel I have developed my skills as a builder tenfold!

Hopefully you'll enjoy them and can share some positive/negative feedback that I'd really appreciate and if you use them in your game I'd absolutely love to see pictures! Please let me know if you have any issues with my builds and playing them too so I can amend them for the gallery. :)
origin id: icewaw
Post edited by CoteDAzur on

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Deleted post.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    The exterior design of City Hall looks very nice! :) It is a great venue for your Founder Mayor in your game! The textured of the exterior and the placement of the windows looks very nice. The flagpoles are nice touches on the roofing. The flower beds look pretty either sides of the front entrance, and the water fountsin is a nice touch. Very nice furnishing of the interior. The library nook area looks great! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk tables using the computers or reading a nook from the bookshelves. The town model is a great touch in the build. Very nice office and meetimg room. Sims will like sitting on the seats there discussing matters with the Mayor. Very nice outdoors chess playing and community garden nook.
    It is a very nice Town Hall build! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    rosemow wrote: »
    The exterior design of City Hall looks very nice! :) It is a great venue for your Founder Mayor in your game! The textured of the exterior and the placement of the windows looks very nice. The flagpoles are nice touches on the roofing. The flower beds look pretty either sides of the front entrance, and the water fountsin is a nice touch. Very nice furnishing of the interior. The library nook area looks great! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk tables using the computers or reading a nook from the bookshelves. The town model is a great touch in the build. Very nice office and meetimg room. Sims will like sitting on the seats there discussing matters with the Mayor. Very nice outdoors chess playing and community garden nook.
    It is a very nice Town Hall build! :)

Thanks rosemow for all the support. It's really appreciated.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Beachside Brickonometry (Starter)

So this is now officially the first build of my empty world "project". It's a starter home, though it's completely unfurnished right now as I don't decorate until I play, and I needed to keep the cost below 20k for the family I intend to live there! I might upload the furnished version whenever I get around to it, but like I said that's going to be a while. You can find all the important details in my tumblr post here.

tumblr_p18fhiokBr1wkfv0io4_1280.png
    tumblr_p18fhiokBr1wkfv0io3_1280.png
    tumblr_p18fhiokBr1wkfv0io2_1280.png
    tumblr_p18fhiokBr1wkfv0io1_1280.png

• Options
    The exterior design of beachside brickonometry is very nice! :) Very nice upstairs balcony! The spandrels look pretty how they are used there. The sims would enjoy the views from there. The dormer is a nice touch. The blue colour of the exterior gives a very nice look to the home.
    It is a very pretty starter for sims to start their Sims lives in! :)
  • Options
    NoreNore Posts: 236 Member
    Very nice builds! The city hall looks so authentic and the interior as well, immaculate!

The starter home has a very cool and unique colour scheme that fits very well in the surrounding :)

You're quite a good builder!
    Link to my showcase thread: NoreKP Showcase

Link to a story I started: Chronicles of a Simki

Origin ID: NoreKP

Latest build: When Baroque Met Modern
    4584899921fd5b78c0674fd01372085ee844519960c626fcee531895d7bd6d3af4b9e81c.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @rosemow Thank you very much for the feedback! :)
    @Nore Wow, that's really nice to hear - I've genuinely made about 4 buildings since the Sims 4 was released, I just brainwashed myself into ignoring my surroundings and just playing the game.. Stupid really! That makes me feel like I've come on leaps and bounds though! So thank you, you're an exceptional builder.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Deleted post.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Seasalt Bakery

I'm back with another build! I feel like I'm churning these out really slowly so forgive me, I am just incredibly finicky and often less motivation/inspiration to do things - but hopefully this also means when I do get them out to you you'll be able to tell how much brain-mashing I've put into them. Haha.

Anyway, there's lots of little bits of this build that you should probably know, so the tumblr post is here if you're interested. Buh-bye again!

tumblr_p18dk7TrNe1wkfv0io3_1280.png
    tumblr_p18dk7TrNe1wkfv0io5_1280.png
    tumblr_p18dk7TrNe1wkfv0io7_1280.png
    tumblr_p18dk7TrNe1wkfv0io6_1280.png
    tumblr_p18dk7TrNe1wkfv0io4_1280.png
    tumblr_p18dk7TrNe1wkfv0io1_1280.png
    tumblr_p18dk7TrNe1wkfv0io2_1280.png

• Options
    The exterior design and layout of Seasalt Bakery looks very nice! :) The roofing has turned out well! The bakery suits Brindleton Bay very well. It looks very nice that the entrance to the bakery is on the front angled corner, and the awnings are a nice touch over the door. The flowers either sides of the door are pretty for Sims to see when entering.It looks great that an upper level pathway links the build areas. Very nice upper level outdoors dining balcony! Sims will enjoy sitting at the tables eating food they have bought , in the outdoors sea air. The flowers are pretty touches on the table tops. Very nice furnishing of the interior! It looks very nice how the glass display cases have been placed there, and the string lights look very pretty! It is a nice festive touch that there is a Christmas tree for sims visiting the store to enjoy seeing.
    It is a very nice Bakery! :)
  • Options
    NoreNore Posts: 236 Member
    edited December 2017
    @Rumpelstiltskin your bakery ended up looking quite nice! I especially like the brick and siding choices. I played around with the roof a bit before I saw your message and the only way I could make all the diagonals work is with a 2 tile wide half hipped roof border on a mansard style roof. I framed the mansard with the tiny ornate gold fence and it ended up looking more like a French bistro. I can show you if you like.

Your roof looks good as is though, I like the symmetry with the sloped gables. The only suggestion I would have would be to pull the gable over the entrance back by 1 tile if you can and build a diagonal gable or hipped dormer roof over the 2 entrance tiles to better frame the entrance.

Edit: I figured I'd link pics just in case you wanted to see anyway lol, rather than mention them and not link them.
    This was the only way I could see that would maintain the diagonal structure of the roof, as extending the roofs too much didn't allow for seamless edges. I also modified the roof on the rectangular part to match the mansard, but to be honest I had no idea what to do with it as it was only 3 tiles wide so another mansard looked weird there.

I couldn't recreate it entirely as I don't have the shingles wallpaper and I couldn't figure out where you got the square column. Could I ask what pack that column is from?

75673351df5a222de3090cef48966b621734f592a1011e16c1d40d94e511c2e970140ed7.jpg

802968998327cef0eb32c2e07bd6fb5d6eba0da09eefb6f15e9f5b116b3c609aa2f8785d.jpg

4265974792ccea69671a1a21e376086bfeb81b3afefcea1db349e72404c429b002e851b6.jpg
    Post edited by Nore on
    Link to my showcase thread: NoreKP Showcase

Link to a story I started: Chronicles of a Simki

Origin ID: NoreKP

Latest build: When Baroque Met Modern
    4584899921fd5b78c0674fd01372085ee844519960c626fcee531895d7bd6d3af4b9e81c.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @Nore I'll take look at the column once my game comes on and let you know, I'm launching it now. Yeah the roof spacing was getting on my nerves for ages, but the overlap was the best result I felt I could get at the end, ('cause I'm terrible at roofing) but nevertheless I don't think it takes anything away from the build itself.. I'll give your method a little try out now, though, thank you for the pictures! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @Nore Oh and the pillar is from the Get To Work expansion pack. Hopefully you have it! - It's one of my most used ones for the load-bearing pillars, I think it looks sturdy and realistic.
  • Options
    hepe1977hepe1977 Posts: 34 Member
    I love the Seasalt Bakery build! It simply looks so cozy and real from the inside and outside.