Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unintentional Moments of Hilarity in Your Sim Games?

icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
We know how the Sims games sometimes produce hilarious moments that the developers didn't intend because of the multiple systems present in the game, and sometimes because of bugs. Do you have any of these moments to share? I have a few:

In TS3, a ghost in my legacy family played basketball. Not exactly a bug or peculiar, but then I thought of "Ball is Afterlife", which seemed pretty fitting.

In TS3, my sim once asked another sim's career. I ended up with "Tam learned that Sonya is a ." I was all "Is a what? A WHAT? Don't leave me hanging, Sonya!" If you interpret the dot to mean something nasty, it kind of gives a new meaning to it. :D

In TS3, a burglar displayed that "I'm attracted to you" message while she was robbing my house. Kind of sending me mixed signals there.

In TS3, while my sim was in university, a meteor hit a university building while an exam was going on. Two NPCS became casualties. Then, as ghosts, I hovered over them and it said that they're on their way to class and can't be bothered right now. As a former college student, I can say that it's more true-to-life than you'd think.

In TS4, my sim once got a whim to hug himself. And I honestly don't know if it's narcissistic or just plain sad.
Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

Comments

• Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Ooooh, fun thread!
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    In TS4, my sim once got a whim to hug himself. And I honestly don't know if it's narcissistic or just plain sad.
    It's both. :lol:

I was trying to screenshot for my story last night and I was taking pictures of a mother and a daughter working on homework, awww. Tender teachable moment, right?

However, what I didn't notice until I wanted to use the screens in my story was that in the background, thanks to one of my mods, the other daughter was standing behind the clear glass doors completely nude.

I had to reshoot the whole sequence! :D
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    Haids5987 wrote: »
    Ooooh, fun thread!
    It's both. :lol:

I was trying to screenshot for my story last night and I was taking pictures of a mother and a daughter working on homework, awww. Tender teachable moment, right?

However, what I didn't notice until I wanted to use the screens in my story was that in the background, thanks to one of my mods, the other daughter was standing behind the clear glass doors completely nude.

I had to reshoot the whole sequence! :D

Naked sims are always funny :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    in a story where a teenager decide to leave home because her family treats her badly, my teen is living her life on her own, i'm shooting a scene and who do i see through the see-through glass door ? Her mom ! :D
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Those glass doors, man! What is that about?!
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    In my legacy, my heir went to go outside and collect some items. Before doing so, she went to the bedroom of her sleeping parents, waved and said hello, then proceeded to the outdoors.

Wth XDD
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    In my legacy, my heir went to go outside and collect some items. Before doing so, she went to the bedroom of her sleeping parents, waved and said hello, then proceeded to the outdoors.

Wth XDD

Reminds me how in TS2, my outgoing sim walked through her parents' bedroom while they were woohooing to go through the back door, and she did that finger gun point while they were doing it. :D

• Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member

Wth XDD

Reminds me how in TS2, my outgoing sim walked through her parents' bedroom while they were woohooing to go through the back door, and she did that finger gun point while they were doing it. :D

Dear god :joy:
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    back in TS3, i had a sims get pregnant few days before her elder birthday, and it made me laugh how unrealistic it was to give birth to a baby you're like in your 40-50's and the next day you're 90 years old :D
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif