Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire ?

i am thinking of buying the pack that has Vampires in it for the town and also some nice decorations is there a way to turn vampires off like the pc. i hope so thx

Comments

• Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    edited November 2017
    What exactly do you mean by "turn vampires off"?

-Mage
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    slamonda wrote: »
    i am thinking of buying the pack that has Vampires in it for the town and also some nice decorations is there a way to turn vampires off like the pc. i hope so thx

I do not think there is an option that would allow you to turn them off or prevent them from showing up. I do not play with Vampires in my games and just ignore them if all is possible.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    I want to get the vampire pack for build / buy mode. But i don’t think there’s a setting to turn them off. Or the random vampire invasions when they come in to sims homes and bite them in their sleep. If there was an option to turn all that off I’d buy it.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    slamonda wrote: »

There is no option to toggle off vampires.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Vampires shouldn't just spawn in the world, im sure simguruninja said in a q&a just before vampires came out that you have your vampire sim physically turn other sims the game wont just generate new vampires. The current vampires can be delete from the manage households menu.
  • Options
    If there were story progression then i would want an option but 4 doesnt have that.
  • Options
    Vampires shouldn't just spawn in the world, im sure simguruninja said in a q&a just before vampires came out that you have your vampire sim physically turn other sims the game wont just generate new vampires. The current vampires can be delete from the manage households menu.

The game pack via PC requires at least the 3 pre-made vampires. If the pre-mades are deleted that game will regenerate new NPC vampires to replace them. I would assume the same for console. Random npc are generated to fill roles in the game.
  • Options

The game pack via PC requires at least the 3 pre-made vampires. If the pre-mades are deleted that game will regenerate new NPC vampires to replace them. I would assume the same for console. Random npc are generated to fill roles in the game.

Wow thats so weird! So you physically cant delete all vampires completely? I personally dont see why anyone would want to but i am surprised the game doesn't let you.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Wow thats so weird! So you physically cant delete all vampires completely? I personally dont see why anyone would want to but i am surprised the game doesn't let you.

I only wanted the decals in build/buy mode in the vampire game pack to make fixer upper homes. So yes there are people who want to eliminate that lifestate entirely. I now mod my PC game to not allow vampires to invade my gameplay and do not even visit their dark world. But yes, the game engine expects certain roles stay filled for certain packs.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • Options
    TuxTux Posts: 17 Member
    You could always researched some vamp lore to keep them at bay but i can safely say that there are townie vamps