Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims "1234"

PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
edited November 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
If you could take all the current and past versions of Sims games and mix/match/mush them together to create the perfect Sims game for you, how would you do so?

This is not necessarily a list of what could be in a future game, but what has already been in any of the past games. I think some of these will be eventually coming to Sims 4, such as Seasons, but some aspects will never make it into the current game.

Here is mine for now, off the top of my head:

From Sims 1:

- I didn't play this long enough to remember... but I will say it's quirky charm.

From Sims 2:

- The Fears, Wants and Aspiration system (These feel more meaningful to me than the Sims 4 whim/aspiration system especially since there are consequences of NOT fulfilling aspirations. )
- Chemistry
- Better Romantic interactions
- Sims 2-style Memories
- Open for Business style retail - with registers, queuing in line, etc.
- Vacations
- Customizable apartments
- Built-in posing for sims and groups of sims for photos
- More randomness, and a chance of death from things like being scared by a ghost

From Sims 2/3:

- Cars
- Seasons
- Slow dancing
- L-shaped stairs, spiral stairs, different foundation levels on same lot
- Shorter teens
- Babies not tied to cribs

From Sims 3:

- Color wheel (I personally don't need/want CASt, but I would love a color wheel)
- The sheer amount of content (too numerous to list here, but there's a crap ton of content in Sims 3)
- World Adventures style adventuring
- Canes for elderly

From Sims 2/4:
- Rotational style play

From Sims 4:

- CAS, including the ability to edit all of a household at once. CAP.
- The graphic style in general
- The building features - moving/rearranging/resizing rooms and lots, and ability to resize objects.
- The higher bills / monetary setup
- The Gallery
- Multi-tasking, although I might tweak this a bit to give the player more control.
- Many of the animations, especially those related to idle animations, the sims themselves which makes them more lively
- I'd keep some form of the emotions, especially the animations related to them
- The vampires
- The toddlers
- The cats and dogs, although I would add in a few things extra from previous versions of pets to the mix.
- The relatively quick startup of the game
- Clubs from Get Together, although I might tweak them to make them less overpowered
- Going to a different lot doesn't stop time at home lot

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2017
    From 1: the mature silliness
    From 2: personalities, detail in animations and interactions, memories
    From 3: CASt, open world, creativity, freedom, possibilities, art style (with improved graphics)
    From 4: Gallery, building tools, toddlers, smoothness of the animations (without the clowny aspect))
    From NRaas: the ability to travel between worlds and proper story progression
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Sims 1: I haven't played it.

Sims 2:
    Car pools and School bus pools.
    Fears. (Not because I want my Sims being sad but it feels more realistic).
    Sim kids dancing on their parent's feet.
    Sims playing games like Cops & Robbers, Red Hands and Rock, Paper, Scissors.
    The squeaky sound toddlers made when they crawled.
    The Metal radio station.
    Roundabouts for kids.
    Swings.
    Sims watching snow or rain falling.

Sims 3:
    Kids and toddlers can have any colour hair and inherit unnatural colour hair from their parents.
    Colour wheel for hair and eyes.
    Swimming in the sea.
    Bikes.
    Kids look the cutest in Sims 3.
    (In Seasons) kids can go Trick or Treating.
    Swings.
    (In Generations) the Tree house.
    Houses with five stories. (Good for castles).

Sims 4:
    The toddlers.
    The transgender patch.
    Sims Gallery.
    Events where you have to complete tasks. (It helps me make sure my parties and dates are successful).
    Beautiful scenery.
    The Rocket Ship.
    (In Get to Work), following my Sims to work and playing their careers.
    The cartoony graphics.
    Digging for treasure and finding the jewels and MySims dolls.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    edited November 2017
    Hrm. Okay.

Sims 1.
    - Home phones and prank calls.
    - Cake dancers. Cage dancers.
    - How witchcraft was in Making Magic.

Sims 2.
    - Genetics.
    - Hand held video games/phones that you could chose to buy at a kiosk.
    - Cars and transportation.
    - Changing tables and dirty diapers.

Sims 3.
    - CAST.
    - Curfew.
    - Police and burglars.
    - Bicycles.
    - Festivals in the city park.
    - Werewolves and Faeries.
    - Building tools and the ability to raise and lower foundations.
    - Open neighborhoods. ( Where like all the houses/zones in the loaded Sims4 neighborhood are open ).
    - Apartments.
    - Martial Arts.
    - Seasons.
    - Teens height.
    - Circular stairs.
    - Grunt family.
    - Memories.
    - Swimming in the oceans.
    - Ghost babies.

Sims 4.
    - Vampires and Aliens.
    - Saxim. ( But make it a livable/buildable world ).
    - CAS.
    - Connected worlds.
    - Toddles and Children.
    - Graphics and colors.
    - Emotions. ( But balanced and working ).
    - Clubs from GT.

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited November 2017
    That's an easy one for me, OP. :)

I would like Sims 2 game play (Sim AI and a multitude of romantic interactions!) and objects mixed with TS3's open world, customization, terraforming, objects and some aspects of game play (festivals, resort ownership, generational game play, story progression, spelunking and tomb-raiding, boats, jet skis, water skiing!), topped off with TS4's updated graphics and ease of building. That would be my perfect game.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    allieb028allieb028 Posts: 44 Member
    THE SIMS ONE:
    BOB!!!

THE SIMS TWO:
    EVERYTHING
    -Genetics were more realistic.
    -Romances were way more fun.
    -I enjoyed the cute cut scenes.
    -THE BROKE FAMILY.
    -The story line was amazing.
    -The Apartment's were fun, especially the foldable beds. (which they have in Sims 3.)
    -SHOUT OUT TO THE SOCIAL WORKERS THAT ALWAYS TOOK MY KIDS AWAY!!!!!!! That made the game da real M.V.P

THE SIMS THREE:
    -The variety of cars
    -I know the open world was buggy to many, but it was pretty fun when it wasn't.
    -Boarding Schools (I also liked how you had to impress the headmaster in TS2.)
    -Seasons.

THE SIMS FOUR:
    -CAS is more realistic.
    -Toddlers are cuties.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    Sims 1: Magical features
    Sims 2: Babies, Chemistry/Attraction, Wants & Fears, Memories, Retail System, Witches
    Sims 3: Color Wheel, Create A World, Skill Challenges,
    Sims 4: Toddlers, Building Features, Physical appearance of sims
  • Options
    PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    edited November 2017
    It's an interesting post and to read what people liked about each game.

Sims 1

Superstar. Love my Sims going up the levels to be a Singer in the Music career, especially in the recording studio and my Sim singing jingles and songs. Love the Fashion career and my Sim walking on the Catwalk. The Fame.

Makin' Magic. The sort of magic we had in the game was fun. Helped our Sims with many things from practical to silly, like changing a frog to find a prince, lol. Of course Magic wasn't allowed in Tinsel Town (Superstar) and your Sims got in trouble for using it LOL

NPC type of characters like Bonehilda, the Obessed Fan

Sims 2
    Too much to mention but here are a few.

Zodiac signs (the Sim's personality) and Influence (Parents or grand parents could influence or discourage the Sim to in their personality traits to increase or decrease)

Special Non Playing Character like Mrs Crumplebottom, The Social Bunny The Cow and the Llama Mascots (University), The Thief, to name a few

Ability to get our child Sims into Private schooling to gain a better education by "buttering" up to the school headmaster.

Taxi's, The School Bus, Cars

A Neighbourhood when building where we could put down the size of template we wanted and build on. Premade templates of the neighbourhood that were blank and we could make our own worlds. Such as Bluewater and others that were supplied in the game. Great for using when playing a challenge like the City Challenge.

A Neighbourhood where only the playing family aged and non of the others so we could play the families in the neighbourhood in turn. (Similar in the Sim 4)

The ability to put in our own pictures in a special folder so our Sims could paint those pictures on the easel. I loved this aspect as I often took in screen shots of silly, quirky moments even glitches and put them in the game for my Sim to paint and sell in Open for Business.

Open for Business (this have not come close to how this was played in the Sims 3/4)

Seasons

Bands where we could invite Sims to play in a band and play songs.

Different vacation locations where our Sim could buy a property and live there while on vacation and the ability to make the house like home.

Pirate Ship and Pirate Ghost.

Slow dancing and special Romantic interactions and Sims leaving special gifts on the doorstep after a great date.

Sims 3
    I have not played this as much due to the open neighbourhood and there was a lot of content to get through with every EP but here are a few things I enjoyed about the game.

The Color Wheel and how we could co-ordinate furniture colours, Sim's clothing or hair colour how we wanted it.

World Adventures and exploring special places and taking on "missions". Nectar Making with the crops we grow and harvest.

Hidden traits like the Pyro one

The Ability to jog and get fitness points.

Fishing, I loved how we had to use certain bait (leaned in books or catching those fish) to catch a fish (not like in the Sims 4 where fish take almost any bait) and find certain places to catch fish. We could have ponds to keep the fish in.

Gardening was very interesting too (no so much fun in the Sims 4 anymore and too labour intensive). We learned the best fertilizer for each plant. Automatic watering. Special plants like the omni plant.

Living on a boat, diving and exploring the sea bed.

Basements

Collections

Sims 4

The ability to go with our Sim to work (although it can get boring when they get to level 10 and becomes too repetitive)

The Nanny (The best out of all the games)

Ability to make clubs

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited November 2017
    Oooh, this is an interesting topic

The Sims
    - The dark humor mixed with the silliness

The Sims 2
    - Sims having memories
    - Fears & Wants
    - Babies (they had FEET)
    - OFB
    - Romance (playing footsie under the table on a date)
    - The headmaster
    - Mrs Crumplebottom
    - The nanny
    - The Goths, The Calientes (in fact, I liked most of the pre-mades)

The Sims 3
    - CASt
    - The details (rocks look like rocks, wood textures have grains, etc)
    - Building features (different foundation heights, terrain tools, different stair cases, ability to build walkout basements)
    - Open World (with the ability to move between worlds with a mod) - most of what I can see, my Sim can visit
    - The size of the worlds
    - CAW (there are some AMAZING player created worlds that I'm just now discovering)
    - Art style (with updated graphics, please! Lighting mods do wonders)
    - Seasons
    - University (and anyone can go)
    - Customisation
    - Creative freedom
    - Home phones & newspapers
    - Ability to play almost any way you want
    - Cars
    - Burglars
    - Ability to build over water
    - Swim in oceans
    - Houseboats
    - The backstories for pre-mades, townies, and NPCs

The Sims 4
    - Roofing tools
    - Ability to pick up and move buildings without deleting anything
    - Lighting (interior)
    - Search bar in build/buy
    - Toddlers
  • Options
    estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    All of Sims 2 and open world from Sims 3 = perfect!
  • Options
    casseyshazeracasseyshazera Posts: 89 Member
    edited November 2017
    This is interesting, will follow this post :smile:
    For me...
    Sims 1 :
    - I loved Making Magic, with the little fire breathing dragon burning down my sims homes, the little rides the sims got to go on, and the overall feel of the expansion.
    - I also adored Vacations, the alpine destination, then the tropical get away with the walking shark guy. The overall quirt of the game was great with the amusing notifications.
    - The Superstar town (forgot what it was called) was great too, i know i spent many hours there.

Sims 2 :
    - Again Bon Voyage, the whole tropical theme, learning the hula, going on the pirate ship, the little holiday memories of things to do on vacation i thought was great.
    - The memories, and chemistry was a added bonus in the game aswell.
    Sims 3 :
    - The Color Wheel, not so much for furniture and clothing, but more for changing the color of my sims hair, skin and eyes, its something i sorely miss in sims4.
    - Tropical islands and the ability to swim in the oceans around them. Lets face it, its extremely pretty to look at when your waiting for your sims to finish work and got nothing to do.
    - Open world, would be nice to visit the lot next door without the loading screen.
    Seasons.... especially the snow.

Sims 4 :
    - Fast loading times, especially in CAS, its really quite a breeze.
    - Customization, the whole click and drag thing is quite great.
    - Scenery, i got to be honest, excluding the tropical islands of sims 3, i prefer the scenery in sims 4 that the other games.
    I only currently have GT, so cant comment on the other expansions.
    Aka..... Flaming Husky
    Sims Kennel Club - Delta Aquilae Siberian Huskies

Games Played :
    Sims 1/2/3/4/Castaway,
    AC 2, Dirt, SOD, Star Wars .... May The Force Be With You :)
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited November 2017
    Sims 1:
    -Makin' Magic, the dragons, Gnomes, the Genie
    -Cake dancers and cage dancers, the parties
    -the Vacation destinations

Sims 2:
    -Traits, likes and dislikes
    -Open for Business
    -babies and toddlers
    -the ability to edit the town, build your own community lots
    -apartments
    -cars
    -the closets

Sims 3:
    -open world
    -Create-a-Style
    -teens
    -pets
    -World Adventures
    -the ability to pretty much edit the entire worlds your way
    -the Sims 3 camera and the "tilt" feature

Sims 4:
    -the search feature in build/buy

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Sims 1:
    The simlish and the way sims spoke

Sims 2:
    Everything

Sims 3:
    World Adventures

Sims 4:
    CAS and the sims themselves
    The graphics
    Easier building for those of us not so good at it.
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Hah, I was thinking just the other day about what my ideal game would be!

Sims 1: Makin Magic is magic. Nuff said. The adult humor.

Sims 2: All of it, I consider it to be the pinnacle of Sims games, stop trying to reinvent the wheel. Rip out the code and just use it all. Keep the charm and uniqueness of those Sims. Genetics! Fix the 1000000 ways that you can currently corrupt the game, make it 64-bit, keep the ability to create custom maps, place lots anywhere and add endless custom subhoods and I'll be over the moon with that alone.

Sims 3: The Color Wheel, maybe the festivals but only if we could create custom ones, gardening, horses. I used to think that I couldn't live again without open world, but I'd actually be fine with a semi-open world instead, even closed, just give me the option to visit neighbors.

Sims 4: The Graphic Style and CAS. Some of the Build tools, Toddlers, pregnancy.

• Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited November 2017
    TS4:
    -CAS
    -The build mode improvements like the foundation slider and the arrows for tweaking room sizes
    -The improved Toddlers
    -The lessened restrictions on Children and Teens
    -The semi-open neighborhoods
    -The hidden areas
    -Everything having to do with the gender patch
    -The improved vampires and aliens
    -The pre-GTW patch career difficulties

TS2:
    -All of the interactions that are currently missing from TS4 (non-object play interactions for both adult and sub-adult life stages, posing, etc.)
    -The official CC editor (with upgrades, like the ability to easily create, edit, and paint meshes in the CC creator itself without the need for an external 3D modeling software or any prior knowledge of or experience with such programs to do so...a system so intuitive that a 6-year-old can easily use it)
    -Create-A-World
    -Rotational Play
    -The greater player control over whether supernatural things happen to your sims in-game or not
    -Burglars, Cops, Fire Fighters
    -The ability to add new areas to your in-game world at your leisure
    -Cars
    -Base Game diving boards (I know we got the diving platforms in "Get Together", but they don't have the same visual flare as an old school diving board)
    -Swings
    -Pool slides
    -Reclining on beds and couches and bed-based interactions (I miss the "Longe" couch interaction from TS2 so badly some days...)
    -No checklists for making community lots that actually work
    -Custom apartment buildings

TS3:
    -Controllable pets
    -Heritable unnatural hair colors

Additional things:
    -Weather and basic pets (cats, dogs, fish, hamsters, etc.) would all be base game content
    -MC Command Center level gameplay options that allow you to easily tweak just about everything in the game to your liking
    -More instruments of all categories (brass, percussion, string, woodwind) and the ability to form a band would be base game content
    -Werewolves, Vampires, Aliens, and Magic would all be in the base game, with additional supernatural/sci-fi things being added in a later expansion
    -Martial Arts and Swordplay skills, and fights that are more than just a dust cloud with some random action popping out every once-in-a-while
    -Apartments would be base game content
    -A much wider selection of clothing and hair styles for guys from Jump Street
    -An augmented version of TS2's away system where, when the "away" sim returns to the home lot, you are given an option of whether or not you want to play the hours you missed with the "home" sims before the "away" sim returns, arrive at the same hour you left, or have time pass TS4-style
    -A hybrid personality system that would have binary sliders for things like Goodness/Evilness, Kindness/Cruelty, Introversion/Extroversion, but also traits and turn-ons/turn-offs to add additional character to your sims

...Yeah, it would be an awesome game...

And the reason why so much stuff that is usually EP content I've put as base game content for my fantasy Sims game? So that there can be more of a focus on bringing new ideas into the game in the EP's instead of re-adding old features piecemeal this time around.
    Post edited by SimsLovinLycan on
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    TS1:
    Been years since played it last, but I'd say most of it, other than the things that following versions made better. Some things that stand out: -the little ponds where you could feed the fish, sail little remote controlled boats on - with the little shack where you could get the fish food & boats and picnic baskets that provided food and the blanket to put on the ground to be on
    -the wandering saxophone player
    -the stands/carts where you could get burgers/hot dogs, pastries, ice cream, etc.
    -how the type of ordering stand for a restaurant determined whether you got a fancy place or a diner/Ho-Jo's look
    -the New Orleans French Quarter style of iron trimming for houses
    -how the style of clothing rack reflected what you could get from it, no one rack gives all - great for setting up department stores or specialized boutiques

TS2:
    All of it, especially:
    - true rotational play, no more sims you're not playing going off and getting into all sorts of mischief - including getting in a family way
    - the screenshots tied to each household, unsurpassed ability to do some real story-telling.
    - being mod/CC friendly. - Despite claims to the contrary, TS4 isn't. Any game that trashes your mods/cc every time there's an update/patch/ new pack added is not accepting of it, let alone friendly.

TS3:
    Not played it much so will leave that for the veterans. I do like the colour wheel and the wild horses your sim could befriend

TS4:
    This is a toughie; some features are brilliant, some make one wonder what were they thinking - if they were. I do like CAS (almost a game in its own right), the ability to move houses/rooms around in build mode & change their size, and some of the visual 'little things' that are a nice homey touch - like how curtains sway as though there is a gentle breeze coming in the windows.

General thoughts: game not released while still loaded with bugs, aggressive squishing of same as some are inevitable, readily accessable documentation - one should not need to roam the forums/internet searching for information on how the game/pack works. I still have my guides for the first 3 versions, and use them.