Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets can't cross the really low fences (the one from GTW or the base game one)

Hi !

While I was building a house yesterday, I found out the family's pet can't cross these really small fences that came with GTW (but Sims can). I use them a lot in my build, to mark a separation between two areas with different floors in a big room, so it's a big issue for me. There is no reason why a big dog like this can't cross this, I'm pretty sure it's not intentional, so I hope this can be corrected in the future. ^^'

PpVys0q.jpg

7FOHKlj.png
Clothes, hairstyles, buildings, sims and objects available on my blog, Un Sims au Bout du Fil
Origin ID simsontherope

Comments

• Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    That's weird. Have you reported it to the bug forum yet?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It may not be a bug. All those are classified as a "FENCE" so maybe it's on purpose.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited November 2017
    This is a good thing, in my opinion... I hope they don't "fix" it unless they give us a lot trait to prevent pets. It's the only way, and an easy way at that, to keep pets out of community lots. Otherwise you have dirty dogs swimming in gym pools, cats jumping up on bar counters, etc. Currently there is no lot trait to prevent pets from nightclubs, bars, gyms, and doors can't be locked against pets on community lots either.

Here is an example of how I can keep pets out of the gym (note, the rug doesn't actually do anything, it's the "fence" that keeps pets out but lets Sims pass by).

256fxhs.png

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Ha! I was wondering why my cats couldn't get in to their playroom last night! It's because I have that little fence across the floor as a transition strip between the kitchen and livingroom flooring!

Thanks for the thread! I can fix it when I play tomorrow.
  • Options
    SimsontheropeSimsontherope Posts: 291 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    It may not be a bug. All those are classified as a "FENCE" so maybe it's on purpose.

Yes, but Sims can pass it with no issue, there is no logical reason a pets can't. ^^'

As I use this a lot in my build, I really hope this can be corrected :(
    7FOHKlj.png
    Clothes, hairstyles, buildings, sims and objects available on my blog, Un Sims au Bout du Fil
    Origin ID simsontherope
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Lot trait that says animals are unwelcome please! Or even a "no animals allowed" sign you can put up somewhere that has the same effect. Thatd be cute since stores have them where i am
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    Rofl. Yes i noticed this when my dogs wouldn't come inside the house, because i had surrounded the house with the smallest window shopping fence. My dogs were almost neglected *eye roll* hahahaha
    HV83B28.png
  • Options
    SimsontheropeSimsontherope Posts: 291 Member
    Yep, it would be nice to have a lot trait, if we don't want animals on our lots. But I hope this issue with fences will be corrected :(
    7FOHKlj.png
    Origin ID simsontherope
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    yeah i found this out by accident had to reupload a lot like 6 times before I figured it out when I bought a roomba, since roomba cant go over it either, sucks, i had to delete pieces of the transition between my kitchen and hallway :l
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Interesting. I guess you could play it as those tiny fences are like those invisible pet fences. We can’t even see them but pets don’t cross them in real life.
  • Options
    kitty4118812kitty4118812 Posts: 45 Member
    I actually really like the fact they can't escape from the lot with that fence, if they do change it so pets are able to cross it I hope they give us an "invisible" fence that effectively does the same thing. I'd be perfectly content with a little glass version of the current fence that keeps them trapped in their yard or out of a place I don't want them in. I actually first noticed this myself last night.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I also like this, but it's good to know since I use it in my builds too. I also hope they give us one they can walk over, and one they can't.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Yep, it would be nice to have a lot trait, if we don't want animals on our lots. But I hope this issue with fences will be corrected :(

If you don't mind mods littlemssam made a lot trait to keep pets out. http://littlemssam.de/no-pets-allowed-custom-lot-trait/
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »

If you don't mind mods littlemssam made a lot trait to keep pets out. http://littlemssam.de/no-pets-allowed-custom-lot-trait/

Awesome! Adding that to my mod stash :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Bumping this because I tested earlier and it's still a problem. Would be nice if they fixed this in a future patch.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?