Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Dislike the Foodie Trait. Is it Just Me? I Personally Think a Change is in Order.

worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
edited November 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Yeah, I've gotten to where I can hardly stand playing Foodie Sims anymore. Don't get me wrong, there are still some things I like about it. For example, I like how they can watch the cooking channel for ideas, and the big mood bonuses they get when eating good food. However, there is one quirk that Foodie Sims come with that I absolutely cannot stand. Because of it, I largely avoid the Foodie trait now.

For whatever reason, Foodie Sims will ALWAYS get an uncomfortable "disappointing drink" moodlet from a drink if it's prepared by a Sim with a mixology skill of less than 5, regardless of the drink's quality. Yes, that's right, they can get this moodlet even from EXCELLENT quality drinks simply because the Sim that prepared it doesn't have a high enough mixology skill level. That makes NO sense. What should the Sim's mixology skill matter if the drink is already excellent quality?

But wait, it gets worse! Foodie Sims ALSO get this moodlet from water, milk, soda, and orange juice. Seriously, what? You JUST put milk in your cereal, and now you're telling me that you hate milk? Also, who in the world hates orange juice, soda, and water that much?! Look, I know you like high-end drinks, but that doesn't meant that you have to hate those things! This is made even worse by the fact that they will sometimes get these drinks autonomously. Congratulations, you "disappointed" yourself! Oddly, though, I don't think I've ever observed this happening with coffee or tea.

Personally, if it were me, I would do this in a similar manner to how Glutton Sims react to hunger. For normal quality food and drinks, Foodies would still get a positive moodlet, but it wouldn't last as long as it does for other Sims. And when Foodies have food or drink that is of "okay" or "poor" quality, they have a bigger negative reaction to it than other Sims do. As of now, they already have an increased positive reaction to good food and drinks. And seriously, I think that whole thing about mixology skill level playing into how much a Foodie will like their drink needs to be done away with entirely. Like I said, if the drink is already EXCELLENT, then why should the Sim's mixology skill level matter! Foodies should not outright hate milk, soda, orange juice, and water either!

All in all, the Foodie trait is unplayable for me because of this.

Comments

• Options
    EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    Yeah I had these issues with the foodie trait, and it is very annoying.
  • Options
    PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    Yeah, I've gotten to where I can hardly stand playing Foodie Sims anymore. Don't get me wrong, there are still some things I like about it. For example, I like how they can watch the cooking channel for ideas, and the big mood bonuses they get when eating good food. However, there is one quirk that Foodie Sims come with that I absolutely cannot stand. Because of it, I largely avoid the Foodie trait now.

For whatever reason, Foodie Sims will ALWAYS get an uncomfortable "disappointing drink" moodlet from a drink if it's prepared by a Sim with a mixology skill of less than 5, regardless of the drink's quality. Yes, that's right, they can get this moodlet even from EXCELLENT quality drinks simply because the Sim that prepared it doesn't have a high enough mixology skill level. That makes NO sense. What should the Sim's mixology skill matter if the drink is already excellent quality?

All in all, the Foodie trait is unplayable for me because of this.

The foodie trait and the Master Chef/Mixology aspirations are one of the best things your Sim can have in the game, in my opinion. My Sim completed both these aspirations and can make food that never spoils, can refresh drinks and can garnish food that is not up to standard.

When my Sim goes out for a meal at Chez Llama the food often comes normal or even poor, the same with drinks, so to avoid my Sim getting bad vibes I have her refresh the drink and garnish the meal, which makes a far more pleasant meal and no longer the bad moodlets. When my Sim eats any food other than home cooked food she has prepared I use these options to avoid mad moodlets.

I agree that you shouldn't be getting bad moodlets from a drink or meal that is shown to be excellent, maybe this is something that needs looking at in the game.

• Options
    LavenderlightsLavenderlights Posts: 76 Member
    I don't think those examples are too unreasonable for the Foodie trait. To me it seems like you deem the expectations of Foodie Sims in the game to be too high and unrealistic, so I suppose it all comes down to personal perception. Personally, I'd just see that "excellent" description of that drink to be read as "excellent for that level". As in, it's not actually "excellent" in an objective sense, but is deemed as such for that particular mixology level. This way, there'd be no contradiction as the Foodie sims' dissatisfaction with the drink can easily be reasoned as the drink not being up to par to his/her OWN personal standards.

As for the quick meals you mentioned, I'd presume that they wouldn't be up to the Foodie sim's standards anyway, considering how they're meant to be simple meals and hence are just naturally predisposed to falling below the Foodie sims' - for lack of better word - exquisite taste.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I think that foodie sims also gain weight faster than other sims when you are rotated away from them. This doesn't bother me though. They love food! lol