Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Holiday Cabin | A Build & Create-A-Sim Contest | [CLOSED]

Comments

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Kesminlix Ah, the fun of fires in Sims 3. LOL I had that happen with my first cabin version while my upgrader sim was fireproofing the fireplace. Decided it was a perfect time to quit without saving.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @Kesminlix :lol: at least you got it over with before you uploaded the lot! Last contest @aricarai held, my fireplace burst into flames the second her sims walked through the door!
  • Options
    RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    Just caught up on the recs for all the entries so far. Fab work guys, judges are gona have a tough time. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get an entry in now that I'm almost back to work but I'll try. Tough competition though :)
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Howdy howdy my lovelies! Sorry for being so quiet; I've been getting ready for my trip home, which starts today! Eeeep! I'll catch up with you all when I get to the States <3
  • Options
    @aricarai safe travels!
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited January 2018
    I just posted some scenic pictures in a thread in the general discussion forum where I linked to this contest thread. So I started rereading this thread from the beginning and realized I had not responded to some comments.

So sorry for the late response.
    suzses wrote: »
    @cwaddell Alma is a very striking sim who looks great in the red you chose as her favorite color. Her backstory is well done and a little sad. I hope she's able to be happy with her memories in the cabin.

Your cabin is in such a beautiful setting - the views in some of your distance shots are stunning - and the cabin itself seems just as it would be in your story. The reds and white you used are a nice contrast against the dark woods, and seeing it all decorated for Christmas was a nice touch. I really like the enclosed porch and the attic reading nook.

Thank you so much. I love that lot in Hidden Springs. I've played in HS several times but that is the first time I built on that lot. It is turning into one of my favorites there, although there are several that have just as fantastic views.

I'm sorry if I did not respond to all the comments or comment on all the entries. They are all fantastic. I've downloaded all the lots and all the sims, giving rec's to all, and plan to play a game in Hidden Springs with them sometime in the future.
    Post edited by cwaddell on
  • Options
    @aricarai safe travels!

I made it safe and sound! It was probably the best flight that I've ever had, so that was nice since I don't like to fly very much. Haha!
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Welcome back @aricarai ... Glad your flight was good.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    BlackSand wrote: »
    Welcome back @aricarai ... Glad your flight was good.

Aww thank you @BlackSand! Sorry it's taken me this long to respond...no notification yet again! Grrr!

How are we all doing on our cabins?!
  • Options
    @aricarai resisting the urge to go back and start modifying again :lol:
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Waving hi @aricarai. I think my notifications have straightened out, but I wasn't getting them either for a while - or hit and miss. Nothing to report on cabin submission since I turned it in already, which I did to avoid being like @creativemetaphor. ;) Feeling really rusty after my 6 months of no sims and not happy with anything I do - well, maybe never really happy but less so right now. ha.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Popping in to say "hello" and that I haven't forgot about the contest. I'm really glad the deadline was extended because all I've been doing is working, :( although I'm grateful that I have a job. On top of that, I've been using weekends to catch up on housework and I have C.E. (continuing education) to do by Jan. 31 so I can keep my licence for my job. :#

I think my depreciation is finally good once I get rid of the alarm thingy. That thing is expensive! I had a break-in during a play session and she took my stove! I ended up starting over from a previous save and installing that alarm. :D
  • Options
    @suzses Oh, I turned mine in already. But that was like ages ago, it's time to go back and edit again! :lol:

(Only sort of kidding. I'm working on something else to keep my fingers away from my entry)
  • Options
    Hi guys, I'm back in the UK now! Glad to be back honestly. I had a lovely time at home, but I was ready to be back to my own home <3
  • Options
    @aricarai <3 that feeling! Glad to hear you're home safe.
  • Options
    @aricarai <3 that feeling! Glad to hear you're home safe.

Thank you doll! <3
  • Options
    So, who's still working on their cabins and sims?
  • Options

I was thinking the same thing @creativemetaphor! Less than a month to go, but still PLENTY of time! <3
  • Options

Me, kind of. :D I haven't had much time to play. They're mostly done so I think I'll be uploading them this weekend. :)
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

Me - I'm on my fourth idea and still not happy :(
  • Options
    @kgaff oh no, I hate that feeling (hugs). What are you unhappy with?

@Odonata68 can't wait to see :)
  • Options
    Grrr no notifications again. @Kgaff - You've still got plenty of time. Can't wait to see what you and @Odonata68 come up with.
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

Ack! All of it. They are either too big (way over budget) and empty ~or~ way too small (missing a "want"). Then I get one that looks good but has not a single shrub of landscaping. Ack! :smirk:

I'm just having a problem with balancing everything out. I think I have a decent design now but it still needs to depreciate some. I'm also working on a sim (which I suck at!! :p ). She is off to university now, we will see what happens to her later.
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    Kgaff wrote: »

Ack! All of it. They are either too big (way over budget) and empty ~or~ way too small (missing a "want"). Then I get one that looks good but has not a single shrub of landscaping. Ack! :smirk:

I'm just having a problem with balancing everything out. I think I have a decent design now but it still needs to depreciate some. I'm also working on a sim (which I suck at!! :p ). She is off to university now, we will see what happens to her later.

Lol @Kgaff, your response made me laugh. I can totally relate to all you said when it comes to building and decorating on a budget. I was getting frustrated too when I was building mine. Good luck, can't wait to see what your end result is.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @aricarai :)
    Ok, I was finally ready and uploaded my sim and my lot. The lot showed up in my studio but the sim did not! :s I'm sure I did something wrong.
    Anyway, here's my cabin entry:

Name/Link to Your Page: Odonata68
    Lot name: Rustic View Retreat
    Link to Your Lot: https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9184090
    Final Price: $32,811
    Description: Rustic cabin with 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and open living, dining and kitchen area. The reading loft was part of a recent renovation.
    Pictures (4 maximum in this thread):
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    * These pics include decor items that may not be in the final build because of cost.

Slideshow/Separate Thread Link: N/A
    List of WANTS that you included in the home:
    - Space to entertain a small group of close friends
    - Open plan kitchen/living area
    - Hardwood floors throughout the main areas
    - Small plants included as part of the decor
    - Reading loft or nook
    - At least 2 items that fit their personality: bookcase and recycle bins.
    Post edited by Odonata68 on