Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Great Game, a few bugs.

Comments

• Options
    JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    I've had a sim stuck under a staircase. Had to delete a wall enclosing this staircase to let them out.
    If this was an open world, sims could be getting stuck in odd places and dying from starvation. That used to happen with Sims 3, so you could say that's a positive thing.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Ever since i bought and installed the last two packs (cool kitchen and luxury party), I've had nothing but time issues. For example: Kids go to school a hour later than the usual time.

This is an issue in general for me and i have no dlc
  • Options
    crashhat141crashhat141 Posts: 90 Member
    Same here, my sims always leave for work 15-30mins past the start time so I'm ALWAYS late for work.
  • Options
    bconey23bconey23 Posts: 13 New Member
    My wife and I also have the issue where the when the kids need to go to school it's as if time freezes and no one moves. This also happens randomly when giving a sim a command. Sometimes they will just stand there for 2 or 3 mins of "real life" time without moving. Last night though the worst bug happened. My wife had a full house of 8 sims (2 parents, 6 kids). Her application just kept crashing and this freeze bug just kept happening. Now when she goes into play the game has now deleted 3 of her sim kids and reverted her save file back to 4 days ago. We are on PS4 by the way.
  • Options
    Same here, my sims always leave for work 15-30mins past the start time so I'm ALWAYS late for work.

My sims are always late for school/work. I remember this used to be an issue for pc too though so it will probably get fixed. I hope.
  • Options
    So now my wife's save file on her PS4 is unable to load without crashing every single time. She was able to play the older save file with 3 of the kids now being deleted mysteriously. She was fine for about a day, now it's back to crashing all the time. She said it crashed last night while her sim was on the treadmill. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that she built this house prior to being able to afford it in build mode where all items are unlocked for usage. Now that she is in the house it seems she has had nothing but trouble. Can any mods or EA monitors answer if there is a known bug with using items in build mode that you actually haven't unlocked yet thru your respective careers?
  • Options
    Sorry for the double post, but I am unable to make threads and/or edit previous post's yet. Also lately we have been getting a lot of multiple music being played at the same time. For instance the menu music and build mode music playing at the same time. As well as sometimes coming out of build mode, the music will not stop playing.
  • Options
    bconey23 wrote: »
    So now my wife's save file on her PS4 is unable to load without crashing every single time. She was able to play the older save file with 3 of the kids now being deleted mysteriously. She was fine for about a day, now it's back to crashing all the time. She said it crashed last night while her sim was on the treadmill. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that she built this house prior to being able to afford it in build mode where all items are unlocked for usage. Now that she is in the house it seems she has had nothing but trouble. Can any mods or EA monitors answer if there is a known bug with using items in build mode that you actually haven't unlocked yet thru your respective careers?

Wish i knew and could help maybe @SimGuruNick can help.
  • Options
    Lady_LuSsh01Lady_LuSsh01 Posts: 328 Member
    hi guys, i thought id test out build mode with a saved profile, when i finished building i went to save and my original family was gone and a new character was there, im so confussed???
  • Options
    floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    hi guys, i thought id test out build mode with a saved profile, when i finished building i went to save and my original family was gone and a new character was there, im so confussed???

You can play with more than one household per save. If you clicked play for a different household, check if your original family is still in the spot they used to live. The household in the save picture changes based on what household you last played with.
  • Options
    ILuvBritneySpearsILuvBritneySpears Posts: 14 New Member
    I want these forums to be more popular and active ! I check this console forum every day and it’s the same posts I’ve seen for the last two months . Everyone please post more
  • Options
    > @floralney said:
    > Lady_LuSsh01 wrote: »
    >
    > hi guys, i thought id test out build mode with a saved profile, when i finished building i went to save and my original family was gone and a new character was there, im so confussed???
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You can play with more than one household per save. If you clicked play for a different household, check if your original family is still in the spot they used to live. The household in the save picture changes based on what household you last played with.

Thanks again your right my family is somewhere else phew
  • Options
    > @ILuvBritneySpears said:
    > I want these forums to be more popular and active ! I check this console forum every day and it’s the same posts I’ve seen for the last two months . Everyone please post more

have you got any topics you want to discuss
  • Options
    > I want these forums to be more popular and active ! I check this console forum every day and it’s the same posts I’ve seen for the last two months . Everyone please post more

im new on here so im just trying to find my feet, i also need more points so i can post.
  • Options
    MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    > @MrStrange said:
    > Entering a books name and description is messed up. The description ends up overwriting the title.
    > Then I end up with this long description for a title, and a description that says, 'Book about Sci-Fi' or what have you.
    > The only time this didn't happen was for first book, a short story.
    > Obviously a bug. On XBox One. Installed Vampire, Glamour, City and Patio.

Seems to have been patched maybe. Will test further later.
  • Options
    MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    I almost forgot. Is buying a book you published in whatever fashion not buyable at a bookshelf, or is this a bug?
    I'm guessing the former, hoping the latter, since that would be fixable.
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    A couple of bugs I've encountered over the past week:

1. Coming out of Build Mode, the loading music keeps playing even during the game itself.
    2. Deleted a Sim resulted in every icon on the world maps saying "Delete Sim" and the Selection Highlighting not going where you want it.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    I admit that I am worried that the console version will become as problematic as the pc Sims 4. With my pc I knew how to clean out cache files, revert, reinstall etc. I'm pretty sure that all the expansions, stuff packs etc was too much for my pc and playing the game destroyed it. That is my fault for trying to get my pc to do more than it was capable of. I hope EA is thinking about the future and limits of the console. A console is not a pc. It simply cannot handle all the Sims4 content currently available on pc.
  • Options
    RennieRennie Posts: 22 New Member

I'll post about not knowing how to use the cheats and wishing I could try it, at least with one of my households. I have households living in all the worlds available.
  • Options

Also, the last time I played, a few days ago, I think I figured out something I had not known yet. That was, that we can import houses and businesses onto any available lot around us. I imported a club, lounge thing, with a bar upstairs with a bartender, piano, with a person playing, and met several new Sims there. My four Sims spent far too much money there, then just fell asleep somewhere, then had to go to work hungry and with hardly no sleep. I didn't like that at all, so started over without saving.
  • Options

One more, and it's about importing that big gothic mansion, which is prettier than any of the castles I have built. But, I didn't have enough Money to move any of my households into it, and could not figure a way to even go inside. So I didn't save that either. I can't figure any way to, without using cheats. Last time I played, I imported a nice park with restrooms and chess sets, but didn't have time to go there yet.

What I'm very confused about, is, is this what we are supposed to do, to have places to go?
  • Options
    rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    I admit that I am worried that the console version will become as problematic as the pc Sims 4. With my pc I knew how to clean out cache files, revert, reinstall etc. I'm pretty sure that all the expansions, stuff packs etc was too much for my pc and playing the game destroyed it. That is my fault for trying to get my pc to do more than it was capable of. I hope EA is thinking about the future and limits of the console. A console is not a pc. It simply cannot handle all the Sims4 content currently available on pc.
    Very true. I still hope they give us the choice to have all packs and ep’s avail. Us console players will have to choose wisely. Or they’re just going to have to optimize the packs to the console. So we can still have most of the content without being left out. Sims 4 isn’t a very demanding game like the sims 3 was so i still think there’s hope. I mean the consoles can play games like gta 5 online that has a lot of downloadable content. And still gets dlc to this day. So i at least hope the consoles can have all of the content for sims 4. Surely a 1TB system can hold all of sims 4 content. The graphics for the game is already catered to console so that’s not an issue.
  • Options
    WrathGirl666WrathGirl666 Posts: 71 Member
    edited December 2017
    Todays problem, my sims get frozen and not move, which is not great if you're having them party and trying to get trophies :(.
  • Options
    JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    Since a few days ago, I am no longer being awarded any trophies. I've had 2 sims get to level 10 of the piano, guitar and violin skill and also achieved the top level in the entertainer career, but still didn't receive any trophies. I have not used any cheats on that save and my Internet connection has not had any issues.

Anybody , knows what could be the reason for this? I am playing on a PS4.
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    JPNeko wrote: »
    Since a few days ago, I am no longer being awarded any trophies. I've had 2 sims get to level 10 of the piano, guitar and violin skill and also achieved the top level in the entertainer career, but still didn't receive any trophies. I have not used any cheats on that save and my Internet connection has not had any issues.

Anybody , knows what could be the reason for this? I am playing on a PS4.

I believe some achievements and trophies are account wide and are only earned once no matter which SIM or saved game it happened on. Did you previously earn those on your PS4 game?