Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Great Game, a few bugs.

Comments

• Options
    SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    edited March 2018
    Does anyone have sims who are alcoholics because my sims won't stop going to the bar!
    it's not a bug but I find it super annoying baha, and I know I can turn off the autonomy option but then my sims will stand there forever.
    And I don't want to remove my bar since my basement is a hangout area. :[
    [
  • Options
    rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    I notice that if it’s a foodie sim or a sim with higher mixology skill they will not stay away. I usually don’t let my other sims interact with it much. And if they do it’s just wine or something to go with dinner. And they won’t keep coming back to it lol. But it can get annoying. When they keep making drinks for no reason lol.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Since the patch whenever the game starts up I have to redownload the ghoulish guitar. I had linked my account before hand and didn't have that problem before it. My niece also complained of crashing. The pro is brand new and not even 7 days old so I don't think it's that.

EA really should sort this mess out.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Just bought get to work and, I can't even look at my library anymore without it crashing on me. :(
    Edit: okay it stopped crashing thank god.
    [
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Sipop wrote: »
    Just bought get to work and, I can't even look at my library anymore without it crashing on me. :(
    Edit: okay it stopped crashing thank god.

You need to let SimGuruNIck know.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    For some reason, now I cannot select plasma packs which are in a sim's inventory. So, I am not able to drink them or remove them from the inventory.
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    edited March 2018
    Since I downloaded the update, it has caused more issues:

1. Whenever my Sim Polly tries to make love to her lovers in the hot tub, as it "ends" the game pops them out of the tub, and they're just standing inside the walls of the tub, one with their arms out-stretched and the other just casually looking down at it. I could only fix it using the "resetSim" code.
    2. Polly went to make love last night with a lover in the bedroom, she stands to the side of the bed waiting but her lover gets to the foot of the bed and just stops. Polly then starts waving her arm through the air "Uh, I can't go any further."
    3. The past two nights when Polly got a message on her phone, you click the green button to answer the message but instead it cancels it out. The first night, she got a message from her twin sister to hang out, and last night from her niece to hang out and from her lover asking her out on a date.
    Post edited by adamclark83 on
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Since I downloaded the update, it has caused more issues:

1. Whenever my Sim Polly tries to make love to her lovers in the hot tub, as it "ends" the game pops them out of the tub, and they're just standing inside the walls of the tub, one with their arms out-stretched and the other just casually looking down at it. I could only fix it using the "resetSim" code.
    2. Polly went to make love last night with a lover in the bedroom, she stands to the side of the bed waiting but her lover gets to the foot of the bed and just stops. Polly then starts waving her arm through the air "Uh, I can't go any further."
    3. The past two nights when Polly got a message on her phone, you click the green button to answer the message but instead it cancels it out. The first night, she got a message from her twin sister to hang out, and last night from her niece to hang out and from her lover asking her out on a date.

Probebly needs to be mentioned to SimGuruNick.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    The press (A) to start always buggs and takes forever to even work I noticed ever since I first purchased the game. :/
    Anyone have that issue?
    [
  • Options
    ab92xoab92xo Posts: 38 Member
    [quote="Sipop;c-16438569"]The press (A) to start always buggs and takes forever to even work I noticed ever since I first purchased the game. :/
    Anyone have that issue? [/quote]

Yep. It takes my game 10 mins to load past just that first screen sometimes when I start the game.
  • Options
    RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Unsure if this is a bug or not, but does quitting in the middle of writing a song restart the whole song-writing? Considering it takes basically the whole day + to write a song, it is not exactly feasible to write a song in one go. Is it supposed to restart the process each time?
  • Options
    floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    RionAgrias wrote: »
    Unsure if this is a bug or not, but does quitting in the middle of writing a song restart the whole song-writing? Considering it takes basically the whole day + to write a song, it is not exactly feasible to write a song in one go. Is it supposed to restart the process each time?

I also wonder that. I always had to fill all of my sim's needs up early in the morning in order to successfully write a song before they pass out.
  • Options
    xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    floralney wrote: »

I also wonder that. I always had to fill all of my sim's needs up early in the morning in order to successfully write a song before they pass out.

Normally you’ll find the unfinished song sheet in your sim’s inventory, click on it and you’ll be able to resume your song writing.
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • Options
    Another thing... I noticed that the hot tub bug where if you initiate romantic actions in the hot tub, one of the characters goes into a T-position and becomes immobile. Most recently, the game "attempted" to do the same while two of the characters where sitting on the couch. For a millisecond, the Sim who received the action went into the T, and then went back to normal, able to continue doing whatever... unlike the hot tub where they are rendered completely useless unless you move the tub.
  • Options
    Another thing... I noticed that the hot tub bug where if you initiate romantic actions in the hot tub, one of the characters goes into a T-position and becomes immobile. Most recently, the game "attempted" to do the same while two of the characters where sitting on the couch. For a millisecond, the Sim who received the action went into the T, and then went back to normal, able to continue doing whatever... unlike the hot tub where they are rendered completely useless unless you move the tub.

I noticed that recently happening to my game as well.
    [
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I don't know if this bug has been posted here before. But I ran into an issue where the game was not recognizing that my sim had caught an angle fish. The fish did go into my sim's personal inventory, but the game didn't count the angle fish as being caught. I was playing the game on the PS4. Don't know if the same issue will occur in the game on the Xbox One since I do not have the game on Xbox One.
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member

I've noticed that too. The only way I can fix it is by using the "resetSim" cheat.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    Does anyone else have issues when they're in build mode and turn on bb.moveobjects? There's so many things that go wrong with the controls. One thing is not being able to change the placement mode from full tile to half to free. Another thing was when I pressed the arrows on the controller, it would enlarge/shrink or move the object up and down without me having to hold L2 and R2 (it went back to normal after a bit). I don't believe I've seen anyone address these issues before?
  • Options
    JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    Since the last update, whenever I load my saved game and go into live mode, sims are just standing there, not doing what they were doing just before I last saved. It's quite annoying. :#
  • Options
    imjaredimjared Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="JPNeko;c-16507185"]Since the last update, whenever I load my saved game and go into live mode, sims are just standing there, not doing what they were doing just before I last saved. It's quite annoying. :# [/quote]

Yep same here, my sleeping sims standing in the bed
  • Options
    > @adamclark83 said:
    > RionAgrias wrote: »
    >
    > Another thing... I noticed that the hot tub bug where if you initiate romantic actions in the hot tub, one of the characters goes into a T-position and becomes immobile. Most recently, the game "attempted" to do the same while two of the characters where sitting on the couch. For a millisecond, the Sim who received the action went into the T, and then went back to normal, able to continue doing whatever... unlike the hot tub where they are rendered completely useless unless you move the tub.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I've noticed that too. The only way I can fix it is by using the "resetSim" cheat.

You can also just go into build mode, and then just move the hot tub slightly. It will end the conversation/action queue you had set up, of course. However, it will allow you to move on with your game.

Another issue that has been popping up is that if I Woohoo for a baby with someone (male) and then visit their household after the impending birth to age up the baby to a toddler, there are times where the other households sticks the carriage in inaccessible places. An example is in the middle of the other person's bed. That is very annoying.
  • Options
    Trying it out a few more times, it's happened with five straight households. Every time, the baby carriage gets trapped inside the bed of one of the other sims when I visit their home. It was slightly amusing when one of the Goths had triplets and they spread out the three bassinets on the top of the bed parallel to each other so my character still could not reach any of them. The ones on the left and right were half off the bed.
  • Options
    Reoccurring problem: If you go into manage households and add in someone from a current household to your own, they'll sometimes be buggy. The most common issue is with the implemented Sim inserting a sleep icon into the queue and even if you cancel the action to try and perform another, they will cancel out of the new one and go back to the bed icon. However, since it was not performed by you, they will not take the action.
  • Options
    If you leave your game on an intermediary screen (i.e. town screen), or it takes too long to load to the household for whatever reason: the game will keep playing the music into the actual gameplay. This will continue even if you change lots.