Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Starship Challenge (Work In Progress)

nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
Update (11/30/2017): So I’m getting comfortable with the rules so far. I will still label this as work in progress until I’m finished with my own playtest. You can read up about my playtest’s escapades in this thread.

---

CREATE THE CAPTAIN
- Create a New Game or create a sim in an existing game
- Create only one sim
- There are no restrictions on traits, gender, type (alien or vampire), identity, etc. Go wild!

Game Setup
- Aging Speed: Normal
- Aging Played Sims: Active Household Only
- Aging Unplayed Sims: Checked
- Mod that increases the household limit is allowed

Building the Starship
- 50 x 50 Lot only. Move out and demolish lot if it's occupied.
- Open cheat console and type “freerealestate on”
- Move your Captain in the 50 x 50 lot
- Set lot trait as “Private Dwelling”
- Only build underground. Do not build anything on the surface. This is to simulate a spaceship floating in space.
- Outdoor plants is the only thing you can place on the surface.
- Must buy a computer as your “navigation console.”
- use "bb.moveobjects on" to allow objects to be placed underground.
- you are allowed to use "bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement"
- Money cheats are forbidden!

Goal
- Tier 1: Achieve Mansion Baron
- Tier 2: Achieve Fabulously Wealthy
- Tier 3: Achieve Rosebud

Income Restriction
- Selling paintings is prohibited. If your crew paints something, put it on display. Never sell them.
- No jobs or careers allowed.
- Collectibles are allowed. They can be gathered and sold by any crewmembers
- Each rank position has an income role (see below for further details).
- A rank position cannot overstep their income roles. (For example, an Engineer cannot play a Video Game Tournament. Another example, a Pilot cannot use the Microscope to sell slides.)
- The Captain is the only one that can overstep their income role.

RANK POSITIONS

Captain (Capt.)
- There must always be a Captain
- Writer (Publish Books). Simulates “Captain’s Log.”
- Workstation: Computer
- Can also make income from other positions
- Only one

Pilot (Plt.)
- Video Gamer (Novice and Pro Tournament Prize). Simulates “Driving the starship.”
- Cannot Enter Hillock II Tournament.
- Astronaut (Sell spacerocks and aliens)
- Workstations: Computer and/or Rocketship
- Only one or two

Engineer (Eng.)
- Programmer (Apps, Hacks, Create Video Game, etc.). Simulates “Maintaining the starship’s internal systems.”
- Workstation: Computer
- Only one or two

Doctor (Dr.)
- Workstation: Microscope (Sell Slides)
- Only one

Mechanic (Mech.)
- Workstation: Woodworking Table (Sell craftables).
- Workstation: NanoCan Touchless Trash Can (Sell plates and glasses).
- Only one

Chef
- Workstation: Kitchen appliances and Bar (Sell drinks)
- Only one

Hiring Crew Members
- Only the Captain can hire Sims for vacant positions
- To hire, they must befriend and ask the Sim to move in
- If the move causes simoleons to transfer, you must remove that simoleon. Open the cheat console and type “money x” where x is the simoleons you had before the move.
- Cannot hire a Sim if they do not have a workstation ready. (For example, you cannot hire a Doctor if you do not have a Microscope in the starship.)
- Once hired, have them drink a potion of youth. Use the cheat sims.give_satisfaction_points 1500 and buy the potion. Once they drink it, they cannot purchase it and drink it again.
- Vampires can be hired, but they must retire after 50 days. If they are elected as Captain, they must retire 50 days at the time of election.
- Ghosts cannot be hired.

Retirement and Death
- When a crewmember ages to Elder, they can retire and move out of the ship.
- As a parting gift, they can consume a potion of youth. Once they consume it, they must be moved out.
- An Elder crewmember can stay in the ship until they die of old age.
- No urns or tombstones are allowed in the lot (underground or surface). The urns or tombstones must be placed in a designated graveyard.
- Any crewmember and former crewmember that dies must have their urn or headstone placed in this designated graveyard.

Succeeding the Captain
- There must always be a Captain. If the Captain dies or retires, a successor must replace them.
- To determine the successor, the sim must have the most friendly relationship in the household and most maxed out skill. Here is the following point system for the successor:
* +2 points for each Good Friend within the household
* +1 point for each Friend within the household
* -2 for each Enemy within the household
* +1 for each maxed out skill
- If a tie occurs, the crewmember with the highest ranking wins.
- The successor must be a Young Adult or Adult.
- Once the successor occupies the Captain position, they must drink a potion of youth. Use the cheat sims.give_satisfaction_points 1500 and buy the potion. Once they drink it, they cannot purchase it and drink it again.

Aspirations Rules
- Aspirations can be switched at any time.
- Absolutely NO potion of youth. There is an exception to this which is explained later.
- Reward traits are allowed. For harder challenge, opt out on buying them.

Teleportation Technology
- Your crew can travel anywhere in the world.
- While other crews are traveling, some crew members can stay in the ship to level up their skills
- Family members living outside the starship can visit the starship any time.
- Non-family members can only visit the starship on the weekends, Sat and Sun. Simulates “Fleet Week.”

Rotational Gameplay
- You can play other households to increase their skills if you plan on hiring them.
- There is no restrictions on playing other households. The only rule is that simoleons cannot be transferred to the starship upon moving in.

Roleplay Inspirations
- Star Trek
- Futurama
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Firefly
TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
Post edited by nastyjman on

Comments

• Options
    RESERVED
  • Options
    RESERVED
  • Options
    Meet Capt. Trial McGee, the first Captain of the starship "Flagship."

The ship isn't good to look at it yet, but I will be experimenting and tweaking it as I do my playtest.

x7HmBYd.jpg
  • Options
    Added section "Aspiration Rules."
  • Options
    Ah. Forgot to add an important rule. When you begin, you only create one sim. The ship progresses as you gradually fill in the positions.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    A new crewmember joins the SS Flagship! Please welcome Engineer Vivienne Moran.

WXUowor.jpg

And the starship has expanded.

3ez17oP.jpg

Lightspeed ahead!

HUYVvCY.jpg
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Awesome! I love Star Trek.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    Sweet! I confess that I didn't watch that much Star Trek, but I'm currently watching The Orville. And because of that, I want to watch more Star Trek. :D
  • Options
    Added two new sections:

Retirement and Death
    • When a crewmember is halfway through the Elder age, they can move out of the ship.
    • As a parting gift, they can consume a potion of youth. Once they consume it, they must be moved out.
    • An Elder crewmember can stay in the ship until they die of old age.
    Starship Memorial
    • Any crewmember and former crewmember that dies must have their headstone or urn placed in the Starship Memorial lot.
    • Pick any lot and designate it as a Park. Name this lot as “Starship Memorial.”
  • Options
    The Captain is looking to fill in the Pilot position. Vivienne had recommended Alexander Goth. They beam down to Terra for an interview.

cPCLp9I.jpg

The interview went well, but Capt. McGee was somehow brainwashed to hire an alien instead.

U9Pkgos.jpg

Without further ado, introducing Pilot Ciera Siren!

UsHMTKN.jpg

fa11bIn.jpg

FORWARD HO!

hjgLaN9.jpg
  • Options
    Some updates on the rules:

- You can only place "Outdoor Objects" on the surface. You still cannot build stuff on the surface. You must bb.moveobjects on to place equipment underground.
    - Your crew can now go up to the surface.
  • Options
    Another update, and I feel comfortable with the current rules. I will make it official once I'm finished with the first playtest.

What changed?

- Clarified some language in the rules
    - Only Young Adult or Adult can be the successor to the Captain
    - Added "Rotational Gameplay" section
  • Options
    Alexander Goth didn't get the job, so Vivienne was a bit miffed.

29AvHOG.jpg

dn085LN.jpg

But as they spend more time together in the starship, Vivienne eventually warmed up to Ciara. The Captain was enthused by the camaraderie.

dD7MjMM.jpg

wz6NT90.jpg

What better way to do a team building exercise? Beam to Windenburg, grab a pint and play "Don't Wake The Llama!"

URCwRlW.jpg

7RsjZki.jpg
  • Options
    Updated the rules. Vampires and Ghosts can be hired, but they must retire after 60 days. If they are elected as Captain, they must retire 60 days at the time of election.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    With the High Rank positions filled, Capt. McGee needed a resident Doctor for his starship. Health was important. Also, if any accidents happened in the ship, then they were covered.

5OcfXUD.jpg

He met up with some recent graduates at a meet and greet. In the end, he had his eyes on Naoki Yamamoto. Not only was he qualified, he was also nice to look at.

9RPpESr.jpg

Kd8zN0p.jpg

Capt. McGee gave him a tour of the starship and then showed him the area where the MedBay would be built. Naoki had other offers from other starships, but Capt. McGee offered him a higher pay and a better facility.

GIvP3wr.jpg

Days later, thanks to Interstellar Time Jump Technology, the MedBay was completed. Naoki was impressed.

1QfD5JA.jpg

wvpPshL.jpg

Welcome aboard, Dr. Naoki Yamamoto!
    Post edited by nastyjman on
  • Options
    Hey simmers, I updated the rules and redid the formatting.

I took out the ranking rules. Cadets are not explicitly stated. Rather, I lumped any sim without a rank as Passenger. It is up to the player on what they want to do with them.

Also, I took out the "Gunner" position, the one that uses the Telescope. Anyone can use the Telescope, and the prints can be sold by anyone since they are collectibles.

The "Surveyor" position is now renamed as "Starfighter Pilot."
  • Options
    Sweet! I hope the rules is at least clear for it's complexity. Let me know if there's anything that needs clarifying.
  • Options
    At the dining table, Vivienne broached the subject of hiring Alexander Goth once again. The Captain seems hesitant because Alex was a bit mean to him at the first encounter. But because Vivienne was vouching for him, The Captain agreed for another meet up.

SFj0Kpy.jpg

The Captain with Alex at the launchpad and then beamed up. He showed him around the ship and ended it at the upgrade workstation. If he gets hired, that is. With more talking and prodding and chit-chatting, Alex's meanness didn't come out. But the Captain did warn him to not blow off at him should it ever come to that.

ZjdJa1E.jpg

5utjmFo.jpg

Everyone, meet your new crewmember, Mechanic Alex Goth.

sPfmPFO.jpg

"Congratulations, babe! I can't wait to have fun with you in this little tin can that's hurtling in outerspace at myshuno-lightspeed."

tBxbcwG.jpg

1cQN6A5.jpg
  • Options
    Whoa... just going through the challenge, and my pilot just won about 24,000 simoleons from a gaming tournament.
  • Options
    Because of the video game tournament having a 24k payout at Very Focused, I changed the ranking system. Now, you can only have one pilot and one engineer.

I've added one position that doesn't have income. This is the Chef position.
  • Options
    Rules updated again. Reverted the engineer and pilot rules. You can have two of each again. However, the pilot cannot "Enter Hillock II Tournament."

Starfighter pilot is taken out.
  • Options
    Mechanic Alex Goth introduced himself to the other crewmembers.

fEdkxSC.jpg

UQedxIN.jpg

They welcomed him with open arms, excited that the starship would finally be maintained and upgraded in the process.

ztsEVGg.jpg

2s78yXf.jpg

The starship Flagship was gradually improved on as it sailed through the cosmos, stopping by at nearby planets and space stations.

S63NrZ9.jpg

ftgoNYU.jpg
  • Options
    I'm figuring out how to score this challenge, now that I've filled up the "starship." Will keep yall posted.
  • Options
    Rules are updated. I've formatted it so it flows better. Also, I changed the succession rules for selecting the Captain. The previous method was confusing. Hopefully, this new method is straight-forward and easier to understand.