Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What New Expansions Do YOU Want?

Hi guys!

I thought I'd create a discussion to talk about what kind of expansion packs you would like to see in The Sims 4, but there is a catch:

I only want to discuss NEW ideas for expansions, so no packs we already had in The Sims 3, 2 & 1!

For example, I am very into the fantasy aspects of the sims, so I would love to see and underwater world where my sims could live in some kind of domes.
Or maybe the inclusion of lizard people would be funny.
And I would love it if my sims could become super heroes or villains!

Let's give the simgurus a discussion that might give inspiration for new things, instead of asking for things we are probably going to get anyway (like cars, spiral stairs, seasons)

Very curious for your ideas!

Comments

• Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    I would love to see a spaceship theme where everything is inside the space ship and when you look through the windows you can see a little sim world and all the stars maybe different planets (Can't remember what the alien planet is called) it would work like apartments.
    There would be community areas where they sell space food etc. And new space fruits, plants.
    Not very thorough but just an idea I like the sound of.
  • Options
    umbralshadowsumbralshadows Posts: 212 Member
    a circus pack with aerialist career an more
    umbralsimoirsig.png
    lookin for lets players an reviewers for tha short/demo version a my game
    download here
  • Options
    Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member
    edited November 2017
    I need only seasons or something with natural disasters after pets.
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    Post-apocalyptic expansion with a lot of danger and survival.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited November 2017
    Time travel! This time (hihi) into the past please, the current game already has enough sleek and modern furniture. Maybe ancient Rome / Egypt?

@Pixelsimmer The way you describe it makes me want a school pack too. But time travel's still a bit more interesting to me.

@MrJessXD I'd also be fine with spaceships. I don't think any Sims game ever explored that topic. Could be a nice change from previous games.
  • Options
    YvinatorEliteYvinatorElite Posts: 97 Member
    MrJessXD wrote: »
    I would love to see a spaceship theme where everything is inside the space ship and when you look through the windows you can see a little sim world and all the stars maybe different planets (Can't remember what the alien planet is called) it would work like apartments.
    There would be community areas where they sell space food etc. And new space fruits, plants.
    Not very thorough but just an idea I like the sound of.

Love that idea. The planet is called Sixam, and I would love it if they made it a bigger playable world!
  • Options
    Fausti78Fausti78 Posts: 21 Member
    Farm expansion i always want this( and seasons)
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Just make gameplay the focus and don't hopelessly copypaste Sims 2 and Sims 3 expansions even though they don't have the manpower to improve on those past EPs.

I made this suggestion ages ago, but I fear people are too focused on it's lack of an exciting theme to want it. Doesn't have to be that idea either, the main focal point is just that we need gameplay as a clear focus of an EP. Not Seasons or Pets and the immersion benefits they offer, not something like a Vacation EP or Celebrity EP where you only get gameplay if you travel constantly or happen to use that specific career....No, we need a highly flexible, highly applicable pack theme that focuses on increasing the gameplay count for ANY possible Sim family, regardless of their style.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    I’d like to see a mall day expansion. (Might be a better game pack)

-New world, a little bigger than magnolia but set up similiar to San myshuno, pure focus on a mall. Similar to the Florida mall.
    -inside the mall we could incorporate dine out restaurants, and of course shops. (Family owned and npc owned).
    -The mall could feature a shop to design clothes, make up shop, and a luxury hotel. (I see these topics requested a lot).
    -build and buy mode would be pretty simple. Decor for shops, new clothes, and wall decals LOL.

I’ve been wanting a mall to be incorporated in the game for sometime. I’m sure there’s a ton of ideas that could be added on but this is all I got.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    a pack for dance like ballet, tap, jazz, etc.
    your sim could become a professional dancer or they could just learn as a hobby.
    it could include dance classes too, like the yoga classes from spa day.
    it could also include a theater lot type.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    Chocolatesimmer97Chocolatesimmer97 Posts: 1 New Member
    I love the idea of a superhero expansion/game pack. One idea I had for a Sims pack would be shapeshifting sims who could turn into different animals. As they level up their powers (possibly by doing things like gardening, yoga, meditating, studying wildlife, or studyiing shapeshifter legends), they could gain access to new forms (and would have to choose drawbacks such as being unable to withstand animal products or losing clothes when transforming; I don't know how to work the latter in, though, but I'm sure it could be). There would be a meter that would cause your sim to transform if it got too low. Another new feature would be wildlife showing up around the neighborhoods (obviously). Anyone else have any ideas about how this could work?
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Maybe Katy Perry EP!
    Or make it Nicki Minaj this time! *_*
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Ok serious talk now:

I would love to see EP/GP that is inspired by Urbz. I loved everything about Urbz. The clothes, crazy hairstyles, fame system(I know TS has had that too), the areas where you could visit etc everything is just great.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I really want Seasons (really?! Who would have thought?!) But aside from that I’m not too fussy. I want to see something a little bit different, I want to see more depth in the gameplay and world in general, and that’s basically it. Give me cool new ways for sims to interact and feel more alive and I’ll be happy with that.

I do really want witches also but I’m guessing those would be in a Gamepack rather than an expansion.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    So many to choose from... Cruisehips, amusement parks and apocalpyse would be awesome, but I can already fake this, so I put them on the bottom of my wish list.

I'd love to have more opportunities for teams of sims to compete against other teams. Soccer, volleyball and swim teams are just some examples, but I could also see a gameshow instead sports. Or a system similar to Megastar in Sims 1 where sims performed in front of a jury with their success based in part on their star level and in part of player input. (I skipped Sims 3 Showtime, so that may already have been done).

Super Heros sounds good, too, especially if coupled with more crimefighting gameplay. So many players miss burglars, it would be two swatting flys with one clap. Also some superheroes derive their powers from the supernatural (Scarlet Witch and Colossus's little sister from X-Men I always forget her name come to mind). So a Super Heros EP could also cover magic if it was built modular like vampires.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hi guys!

I thought I'd create a discussion to talk about what kind of expansion packs you would like to see in The Sims 4, but there is a catch:

I only want to discuss NEW ideas for expansions, so no packs we already had in The Sims 3, 2 & 1!

For example, I am very into the fantasy aspects of the sims, so I would love to see and underwater world where my sims could live in some kind of domes.
    Or maybe the inclusion of lizard people would be funny.
    And I would love it if my sims could become super heroes or villains!

Let's give the simgurus a discussion that might give inspiration for new things, instead of asking for things we are probably going to get anyway (like cars, spiral stairs, seasons)

Very curious for your ideas!

I am so here for living in a underwater dome, but it would probably have to be a Game Pack. Maybe mermaids could come with this? Growing kelp and seaweed that you can see outside the dome. Maybe you could have a little submarine that you navigate around with to plant things and harvest, that way they don't have to do animations for divers unless they want to. Seeing fish swim by, sometimes large ones. This would be high on my "want"-list but it feels like it is unlikely.

Maybe the same dome-approach but placed in space would be easier to implement. I'm thinking that it could be like one of the moons in Mass Effect Andromeda. You have different domes and then navigate with some kind of vehicle. You don't have to show the sim getting in and out if they want to save a little on animations. Would have loved to have this on Sixam.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited November 2017
    Superheroes would be amazing. They could use the Vampires perk system to let us design our own set of superpowers, and maybe throw in some kind of Iron Man-like suit we can have our Sims step into, like this, where it's actually put onto our Sim, piece by piece:

maxresdefault.jpg

And I mean, the superhero fad isn't gonna last forever. Maxis has gotta jump on that bandwagon quick, or else nobody's gonna care about Marvel Studios anymore.

But oh my god I really want SimGuruGrant's Apocalypse pack. I can see it now: it's like Into the Future, but with an actual "bad future", set in a post-apocalyptic Willow Creek or Oasis Springs. Our Sims and townies would walk around in post-apocalyptic raider outfits and power armour, and do all kinds of Fallout, Mad Max kind of stuff.

Wasteland settlers would farm Trash Fruit, and there could even be zombies or mutants who roam the world after dark.

Then you go back in time, stop the bad future from happening, and go off to something closer to Oasis Landing, or Mass Effect's Citadel.

It'd be awesome.

Both would make for excellent GPs.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    YvinatorEliteYvinatorElite Posts: 97 Member
    I love how this discussion is going, you all are amazing and have fantastic ideas!!!!!! <3

I was also thinking, maybe we can get the burglar as an active career together with some other crime related "careers" like Con-Artist & Bubble dealer (drug dealer lol). I feel like that could be fun and get a little more of the questionable interactions back the sims was known for.
  • Options
    samtylr89samtylr89 Posts: 16 Member
    I would love a pack that created a genetic mutation aka X Gene
    being able to have character's that have powers would be amazing from teleportation to telekinesis!

Randomly you could have a sim that gets one of these genes and the possibility of which power they receive could be endless
    Could you be a good guy and use your freezing powers to create ice cream to sell from an truck or will you freeze people who look at you the wrong way.

Powers which could be possible is
    Freezing
    Pyrotechnics
    telekinesis
    Teleportation
    Mutation
    Flight
    Strength
    The List could be endless.

Other options for this pack would be Genetic chances
    Two sims with powers have a higher chance than two with out and obviously one with and one without has a 50/50 chance of having either.

Family jealousy/anger or embrace at the fact a family member has powers

You could have them choose careers in superhero or villain which could have a undercover job that hides that fact they are one of these.

Their powers could begin from toddler to teen as a toddler they could randomly teleport to bed or TV.. pyrotechnics they could start fires best idea would be setting homework fire to homework.

With something like this the opportunity is infinite and I bet CC creators will have a field day creating superhero costumes and underground lairs.
  • Options
    HugoBeeHugoBee Posts: 36 Member
    It's not a pack, but what about Sims Medieval 2? The first game wasn't bad at all, but if they made one in the style of Sims 4 with more customization options.....basically Sims 4 but medieval.....with Kings, Queens, Princesses, Dragons, Knights, war, armies, poor villagers, blacksmiths, castles, huts, swords and sword training, guards, lords, different lands, magic maybe, wizards and stuff. Basically the first game but better and more free-play less story-line. We could play out our own Medieval legacies! Train our kids to use swords and watch them grow up in the village! They could become blacksmiths, weaponsmiths, fishermen, royal guards, knights, bakers, medics etc. I think THAT.... would be pretty dayum cool!
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Farm Pack. Faaaaarming. Faaaarms. Faaaaarm farm farm.
    Did i say farming yet?
    I dont think i did so faaaarming.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World