Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Magnolia Metamorphosis: Alien Adoption ((NEW 3/13))

Comments

• Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Karilan wrote: »
    :D:D:D

So happy you guys caught on! I purposefully made it kind of vague for the early chapters.

That is a similarity Magnolia and I do not share. Did her hearing decline over time or was she born deaf? as there's mention of sounds in the first few chapters.
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Well I got it now! :lol:
    I'm so excited to see how things turn out. This adds a whole new dimension to the story!

Thanks! I decided to make her deaf because I wasn't sure how to deal with the alien language, but it ended up adding some extra complications for the future haha.
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Karilan wrote: »
    :D:D:D

So happy you guys caught on! I purposefully made it kind of vague for the early chapters.

That is a similarity Magnolia and I do not share. Did her hearing decline over time or was she born deaf? as there's mention of sounds in the first few chapters.

She was born deaf. The things she's been hearing are telepathic transmissions from Blossom. She sometimes describes it as a sensation because she wouldn't immediately know what a sound even is. :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    27XHhe5.jpg

Blossom has a nightmare, and Magnolia tries to communicate in chapter 5!
    Blossom is a bit of an escape artist.
    knTxXCk.png
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    madelynsims95madelynsims95 Posts: 285 Member
    Oh man! It's hard enough to keep up with a toddler when you can hear them, I can't imagine how hard it would be without that ability!
    Origin ID: madelynsims95
    Stories/Challenges:
    Mother May I? (100 Baby Challenge)
  • Options
    Oh man! It's hard enough to keep up with a toddler when you can hear them, I can't imagine how hard it would be without that ability!

I'm purposefully playing with my sound off too, so I keep spying on Blossom if she isn't in the room. :D
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    7vPeE2B.jpg

Magnolia wonders how telepathy works in chapter 6!
    Confused Blossom is adorable. I wanna snuggle her!
    w0zoL9V.png
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    x5fBbf4.jpg

Magnolia tries her hand at communication again, and takes Blossom for a late night walk in chapter 7!
    Yay, Blossom is let out of the attic! :D
    xfQ9O7p.png
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    rQYs3Kb.jpg

Magnolia researches Blossom's birth in chapter 8!
    Bath time is so fun!
    SUmOd4G.png
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    MXcn53T.jpg

Magnolia puts her talents to use in order to break through to Blossom in chapter 9!
    Defiant little flower...she's gonna be a tough cookie when she grows up.
    GTusAx9.png
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    1s6CGgm.jpg

We get a peak into Blossom's dreams in chapter 10!
    Mag pulls it together for a morning hug!
    gJ9drgU.png
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    edited December 2017
    Just read through this. I was so busy enjoying it I didn't even realize I'd reached the end. Going to be a long wait for the next chapter. Forgot to add, I love that Magnolia is deaf.
    image.png
  • Options
    Thanks for reading @TresaofPern ! <3 I'm so glad you like Magnolia.

I update this story Mondays and Wednesdays, so you won't have to wait too long!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    ou8uUri.jpg

Magnolia pretends to understand Blossom in chapter 11.
    Double bonus today! When Blossom got up to wander, it totes looked like Magnolia tripped here and I was dying laughing about it.
    WgaSzQg.png

sdMLwVd.png
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    Another great chapter. :)
    image.png
  • Options
    Thank you @TresaofPern !
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    You're welcome!
    image.png
  • Options
    659HuH2.jpg

Blossom enjoys bath time in chapter 12!
    Blossom looked unusually confused by her toybox...
    AR3ymCe.png
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    QFU1nAc.jpg

Magnolia thinks about birthdays and anniversaries in chapter 13.
    Not just a bonus pic, but a bonus story!
    Mag was downstairs making food and I peek in on Blossom sometimes just to watch what she's doing. At that moment, she was bouncing and dancing infront of the height chart I'd randomly put on the wall and I about died laughing. I quickly dragged Magnolia up there so I could take the screens for this chapter.
    CsukEaJ.png
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    Magnolia and Blossom return for the month of February!

TpI48M6.jpg

Blossom enters her child years in Book 2, Chapter 1!
    Magnolia is finally done with Blossom's moody toddler years!
    Pv3nVpF.png
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    qk5rkM7.jpg

Magnolia expresses her love in chapter 2!

Bonus screen:
    I haven't really watched kids playing with the dollhouse before, so I don't know if this is normal or a glitch but Blossom was frequently playing with only the heads of her dolls...
    qziXqDm.png
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    BONUS CHAPTER!

jG9Hm0R.jpg

Magnolia and Blossom exchange words for the first time in chapter 3!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    I love how you used different fonts for each of them. That last bit from Blossom made me sad.
    image.png
  • Options
    I love how you used different fonts for each of them. That last bit from Blossom made me sad.

Apologies @tresaofpern ! :'( Stress is mounting for this story arc, but rest assured I aim for a happy ending!

It was quite a bit of fun creating Blossom's font and making her writing all shaky and inconsistent!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    Oh don't apologize!
    image.png
  • Options
    0Jk52AH.jpg

Blossom listens to the galactic radio in chapter 4!

Bonus blooper!
    Blossom was incredibly uncooperative and Magnolia spent most of the night cleaning up after her. :D
    JkWgBAF.png
    D2vFwMN.jpg