Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simulation Lag

After the most recent patch, the game is unplayable. Speed settings have no effect, actions aren't queuing, Sims are just standing around and bobbing their heads. Never had any issues like this UNTIL the Oct. 17th patch. I downloaded the simulation lag mod in hopes of a fix, but it has no effect on gameplay. Super disappointed...

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited October 2017
    Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues. There are a few things to do to try to see if they may help with your issues.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
    Also try moving your sims to a smaller home with less furnishings,

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Close all other open windows when playing the game and see if that helps.

Lower your graphics settings and see if that helps.
    Check to make sure that your graphics drivers are up todate

Lower your ingame screen resolution.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    Go to games library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try playing in off line mode and see if that helps.

If your sims live in San Myshuno, try moving them to another world

Move the screenshots folder to the desktop and see if that may help.

If the issues remain after doing these things, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Please do the things Rosemow suggested and come back to us. It could be some CC or mod that broke after the recent patch that's causing this. It could also be that your game has been 'infected' by the simulation bugs. A lot of other players had this problem too waaay before this patch.

It would be good if you could post your computer specs (DxDiag) like what rosemow mentioned so we can see if your computer meets the game requirements.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    xxjjzombiegirlxxxxjjzombiegirlxx Posts: 49 Member
    My computer exceeds the requirements, never had any issues until the Oct 17th patch. I tried everything @rosemow suggested as well.

https://pastebin.com/52FguRtT
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    My computer exceeds the requirements, never had any issues until the Oct 17th patch. I tried everything @rosemow suggested as well.

Hello @xxjjzombiegirlxx
    I will get @phoebebebe13 to check your dxdiag info when she comes onto the forums and see if she can assist you.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited October 2017

I would go to the HP web , search your make and model laptop and update all your drivers.

Unfortunately your computer is under requirements to run this game. Your laptop has an integrated processor and video card. They are very weak and not designed for gaming. This game requires desktop hardware. All PC gaming requires desktop hardware. Laptop hardware is much weaker than desktop hardware. You can not compare desktop hardware to laptop hardware unless you have a higher end gaming laptop.

As you add more and more to the game , the game becomes more demanding to a computer. If your computer is underpowered like your computer, the game may run fine one day and not play well the next. Even just a patch can do an under powered computer in to where the game won't play well anymore. If one wants to survive this whole game and all it's add ons we advise owning a computer that meets or exceeds recommended requirements.

If nothing suggested is helping , I'm afraid you would need to invest in another computer if you don't have another computer to play on. Laptop's processor and video card can not be upgraded. You are stuck with the specs you buy. If you invest in a new computer, you need to make sure it meets recommended requirements to survive all the add ons. EA did up the computer specs for Cats and Dogs EP. I would not add that to your computer unless you have another computer to play on that meets requirements to run it. Sorry for the bad news.

PS if your in the market for a new computer, I suggest coming into the tech section. We can find you a computer that meets requirements to survive the game and all it's add ons