Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chance of getting pregnant?

So today I tried to get my lady Sim pregnant for her 2nd child, and it literally took me five attempts before I finally got a positive pregnancy test. I think it took me two or three attempts for her first baby.

I think I might've read somewhere that there is a % chance of a sim getting / not getting pregnant, but I don't think it ever took me THAT long to knock up a Sim before. It was pretty interesting and mildly frustrating.

It'd be pretty cool if some Sims would have a harder time than others to get pregnant. Have any of you ever had similar "issues"? Do you guys know how the code works for that and what the percentage actually is?

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    the base chance is 80%, without considering any other factors affecting fertility
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    It's probably just random chance that your sim kept not getting pregnant. That being said, I remember having a sim back in the TS3 days that seemed to have a really hard time getting pregnant so it would be interesting to know if there actually was something that affected individual sim's chances, that would be pretty cool I think.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I think I read somewhere that Sims are more likely to get pregnant when they're in a good mood when trying for baby. I'm not sure if being in a fine or bad mood lowers the default 80% chance, but it makes sense if it would.
    So if your Sim is still sad from a negative pregnancy test and you immediately try again, chances are it's still not gonna work.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    I think I read somewhere that Sims are more likely to get pregnant when they're in a good mood when trying for baby. I'm not sure if being in a fine or bad mood lowers the default 80% chance, but it makes sense if it would.

That'd definitely make sense for baby #2. My toddler was incredibly needy / troublesome so the parents had a hard time with their own moods since I was prioritizing the kid. I'm usually pretty good at keeping moods up when the sims don't have kids though, but I don't remember exactly what their moods were like when they were trying for baby #1 originally. It's super interesting to think about though. I like the idea that the base chance could potentially change depending on the Sim.
  • Options
    SmokingFoxSaysSmokingFoxSays Posts: 79 Member
    wow every time I "try for babies" with any of my sims they always end up pregnant. The moods vary, and it can happens with child #2, Child #3 and so on or whatever. I have tried different sims and different scenarios and was thinking it was lame that they always without a doubt ended up pregnant. I'm sorry for the fertility problems @MelsieYT , I seem to have the opposite problem.

Thank you @CyrusTheLoser for the 80/20 percent information, I appreciate that. At least I know there is some probability that I'm just getting lucky on.

https://smokingfoxsays.com/
    (Check out the link, for my Sim Story Blog : SIMPEAKS)
    Watch me play:
    https://twitch.tv/smokingfoxsays

To those about to Sim I Salute you :)

• Options
    SodaGnomeSodaGnome Posts: 154 Member
    Well I just made 28 babies from 28 different sims and I think the sims are coded at creation to determine how easy it will be in my opinion. I think it is set for the sim when it is created, like a trait. Most sims get pregnant easy on first try or second try. But then I encountered one sim that like you, took 5 or 6 tries. Some sims want to partner up easy and others don't. I'm pretty sure it's all based on a lot of factors like traits, moodlets, interactions, other sims in proximity, relationships etc. Like I noticed the one that took 5 tries also was difficult to get interested in dating. So I think it's related and trait/personality based. It's like how Mrs Pancakes wants to gets involved and Mrs Shirley doesn't. Different traits/personalities set up when sim is created.
  • Options
    BethTS4BethTS4 Posts: 111 Member
    Somehow my Sims always end up pregnant after the first try. Last time it took two woohoos to get her pregnant, but she had twins, so it's a win. :'D
    I'm interested in a Sim that don't get pregnant easily...that would be more fun to play.
    NGNB-8EuRwCJ0he-_czY2g.png
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    I wish the chances weren't so high. The few sims I have gotten pregnant in game only needed one chance.
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I've found that my Sims are all very fertile, I've only had failed pregnancies happen once or twice. It could just be different for everybody!
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    If you use MC command centre you can set the chance of getting pregnant to whatever you want.
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    My Sims are very fruitful and out of the MANY I have only a few have had to try the second time - and then the freak one I had after just woo hooing in the bushes.
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    samlyt22 wrote: »
    If you use MC command centre you can set the chance of getting pregnant to whatever you want.

@samlyt22 I read that elsewhere but couldn't work out how to do that, where's that setting?
  • Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    @samemie you can change the percent that "try for a baby" will be successful in the woohoo module
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    samemie wrote: »
    samlyt22 wrote: »

@samlyt22 I read that elsewhere but couldn't work out how to do that, where's that setting?

Make sure you have the woohoo module installed, then on the sims computer go to MC command centre, then woohoo, then pregnancy.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    do u mean u try for a baby or you try the normal way? I dont know the risk for the normal way, but i like the risk it has. Never got pregnant from that one though. Whenever i try for a baby it usually happens within the first time, sometimes i need to try 2, but never more.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited October 2017
    Is TS4 like TS2 where your chance of success depended on where you were WooHooing? In TS2 it's a lot harder to get pregnant in a hot tub. It also depends on whether the Sim is YA or Adult in TS3 - anything like that in TS4?
    Post edited by Terra on
  • Options
    Terra wrote: »
    Is TS4 like TS2 where your chance of success depended on where you were WooHooing? In TS2 it's a lot harder to get pregnant in a hot tub. It also depends on whether the Sim is YA or Adult - anything like that in TS4?

I'm not sure but it might depend on location. I normally have sims try for baby in a bed and they tend to get pregnant first time with the very rare fail. Then I had a sim try for a baby in a hot tub and didn't get pregnant, then she tried somewhere else, think it might have been a rocket ship and nothing and then she tried in the bed and got pregnant. Could just be coincidence of course.
  • Options
    haydub07haydub07 Posts: 84 Member
    I had a game that it took 4 or 5 tries as well, and then when I played my other game, all they did was woohoo once, with a 5% chance [with risky mod] and they got pregnant! It does make it more realistic, which I love, but it's frustrating when you're trying to actually get a baby lol
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    do u mean u try for a baby or you try the normal way? I dont know the risk for the normal way, but i like the risk it has. Never got pregnant from that one though. Whenever i try for a baby it usually happens within the first time, sometimes i need to try 2, but never more.

Pretty sure that risk only exists if you have MC Woohoo installed and manually change the percentage of Risky Woohoo. I have it set at 15%, I also like some risk in my game. :blush:

I remember back when I played TS2, it wasn't nearly as easy to get your Sim pregnant. I used to keep letting them woohoo, turn the volume all the way up and listen attentively to that music notifying you of a pregnancy lol. How happy I was when I finally heard that music. :joy:

I've always wondered what happens if you don't take a pregnancy test after Try For Baby (or Woohoo if risky). Do they just not get pregnant in that case? :sweat_smile: Since I have Risky Woohoo on there's always the option to take a pregnancy test even after regular woohoo but I never do this since the chance of my Sim actually being pregnant is so low (15%).
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    If all else fails, change out the bed.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    I've always wondered what happens if you don't take a pregnancy test after Try For Baby (or Woohoo if risky). Do they just not get pregnant in that case? :sweat_smile: Since I have Risky Woohoo on there's always the option to take a pregnancy test even after regular woohoo but I never do this since the chance of my Sim actually being pregnant is so low (15%).

I don't always take pregnancy tests (I don't play with cheats so my Sims are usually broke in gen 1, can't afford to take the test) but I can confirm they do eventually get pregnant, it just takes a little while. They'll go through a day of morning sickness and then eventually they'll pop and be in their first trimester.

• Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    MelsieYT wrote: »

I don't always take pregnancy tests (I don't play with cheats so my Sims are usually broke in gen 1, can't afford to take the test) but I can confirm they do eventually get pregnant, it just takes a little while. They'll go through a day of morning sickness and then eventually they'll pop and be in their first trimester.

Ah okay, thanks! And thank god for that. Wouldn't want to miss out on any possible babies this risky woohooing might make. :lol: Also kudos to you for playing without cheats!
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I think that could be an interesting game, sims that can’t get pregnant and need to adopt. Unless it’s an issue in a lot of households, in that case is annoying
    21mbz47.jpg