Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you make your sims beautiful?

Comments

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited October 2017
    I don't make too many sims myself... They're usually born in-game and the parents are EA premades or downloaded sims shared by others. Besides S-Clubs eyelash sliders, I don't use custom sliders. I don't have that much of CC makeup. Recently I've been using custom hair but I usually stick to EA hair & clothing.

List of stuff I use:
    S-Club Eyelash Sliders + S-Club Eyelashes + Face Overlay (default) to remove EA lashes
    HD+ Primer skin + HQ mod
    Oh my Eyes - My own edit to whiten sclera.
    Freckles & More Freckles
    Beauty Marks
    Subtile Freckles
    Teeth
    Nosemasks

The sim in my avatar was born in-game. Genetics from the EA premade Sun Young Kim still going strong 4 generations later. This is a better picture of her... Plopped her down in an empty room with a backdrop and lights. No edit, just photo resized. I'm not sure if she's wearing a nosemask or not. Custom brows, hair, skin, eyes, lashes, and lipstick.
    tumblr_oxko0nNdzo1ssiu0eo1_r1_1280.png
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @Simasaurus09 I see it, :o especially her nose,really pretty sim with her pouty face :love:

And I love the outfit on her the Wonderfully Woven from the Hipster set..great choice and I like it default blue too.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @Simasaurus09 I see it, :o especially her nose,really pretty sim with her pouty face :love:

And I love the outfit on her the Wonderfully Woven from the Hipster set..great choice and I like it default blue too.
    Good, I'm not just crazy. :D thank you

I've also been meaning to comment on your new siggy. It's so cool! Is the fire from the Late Night FX machine?
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    And last but not least for this sim household, this is Belle (also from my show but you might know her as a Disney princess as well.) She is Ruby & Dorothy's lover/maid/nanny. The only thing I tweaked facial-slider wise were her eyes. As for her natural skin tone and blush, I thought she looked beautiful the way she is. 29ghnhj.jpg

Where did you get this hair it’s beautiful :o
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    Missa_SissaMissa_Sissa Posts: 328 Member
    And last but not least for this sim household, this is Belle (also from my show but you might know her as a Disney princess as well.) She is Ruby & Dorothy's lover/maid/nanny. The only thing I tweaked facial-slider wise were her eyes. As for her natural skin tone and blush, I thought she looked beautiful the way she is. 29ghnhj.jpg

Sims resource! I will try to find the link if at all possible. I absolutely love it.
  • Options

Sims resource! I will try to find the link if at all possible. I absolutely love it.

Thanks I’ll take a look there just Incase
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    coco wrote: »
    My nose masks come out white on my sims but the blush one works fine. Where did you find such a perfect one?
    The point of nose masks is that you don’t really notice they’re there. They just add a little definition to the nose. Depending on the mask you will need to play around with the colours, sometimes darker browns work and other times yellows or even green tones blend in with the skin. To avoid it being really obvious just set the opacity so it’s way to the left, something like 10 or 20% should do.

You can’t really tell that these sims are wearing nose masks, at least to me it looks natural.
    qthpls.jpg

K5LuXb.png

ZIuWmq.jpg

I wasn't able to change the color of the one I downloaded for some reason.
  • Options

is this it https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-hair-hairstyles-female/title/hairstyle-adult-244-by-skysims_klop/id/1263691/
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options

is this it https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-hair-hairstyles-female/title/hairstyle-adult-244-by-skysims_klop/id/1263691/

Yep!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2017
    @Simasaurus09 Good, so kurasoberina’s got nosemask too. I’m going to try that. Is it default or does it work like makeup?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @Simasaurus09 Good, so kurasoberina’s got nosemask too. I’m going to try that. Is it default or does it work like makeup?
    Makeup under blush.

• Options

Yep!

Thanks !
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Makeup under blush.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Some good looking Sims in this thread :smile: I will share some of my own when I get the time
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Hey @jordand sorry for making you wait. The skin I use is Burnt Waffle's Wild Blue http://brntwaffles.tumblr.com/post/73853368031/this-is-an-edit-of-ephemeras-beautiful-fresh
    tumblr_mznv7prsE41rwfgm4o2_500.jpg
    tumblr_mznv7prsE41rwfgm4o1_r1_500.jpg
    I tried a lot of skins before settling on this one. I really like it because it's not super shiny like other ones I tried.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @coco I sometimes use Burnt Waffle's Wild Blue but found that it thickens the nose bridge slightly. Not a problem, really, unless the kid inherits one parent's nose and the other parent's skin and I end up with a kid with a really wide nose bridge. I know some people like wide nose bridges but I really don't.
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @Mikezumi Oh, I've never noticed that. I'm too lazy to set up non default skins so this one is perfect for me right now. One day when I have a half decent graphics card I would love to try a HD skin. Until then I think this skin works well on all sims, and it doesn't have a shiny long strip on the nose which isn't my thing.
  • Options
    dragonkiwiidragonkiwii Posts: 124 Member
    Which Sims game is sliders in? All of them, or just 1,2,3 or 4?
    i like anime and stuff
  • Options
    SeaSide wrote: »

Sims 2 kinda has sliders . However sims 3 expanded on the number of sliders and there is even custom sliders
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

Sims 2 kinda has sliders . However sims 3 expanded on the number of sliders and there is even custom sliders

TS2 modders finally found a way to introduce custom sliders into the game earlier this year, but it was cracked for TS3 almost from the start.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    SaviourofpotatoesSaviourofpotatoes Posts: 111 Member
    edited October 2017
    I've been downloading Sims from exchange and changing them up; I find people on exchange like to make their Sim's features unnaturally big such as eyes and lips, which is fine, but I prefer to be a bit more realistic so I always make their features smaller and when downloading some of these said Sims, it's added some cool CC (hair, make up etc) which I use on my other sims or townies. I also play around with sliders, a lot, I used to think Sims 3 looked way too cartoony for my liking but since using the sliders I'm much happier with my Simmies... It's not fair when your Sim is more photogenic than you are *cry* :(
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »

TS2 modders finally found a way to introduce custom sliders into the game earlier this year, but it was cracked for TS3 almost from the start.

They figured it out after...13 years??? :D I'm sorry, it's just kind of funny.
  • Options
    GITTE2001 wrote: »

Quite possibly because they can just make their sims in body shop before starting the game . The body shop has access to more sliders than in game .
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

Quite possibly because they can just make their sims in body shop before starting the game . The body shop has access to more sliders than in game .

That and modding isn't limitless. It was likely assumed to be something too ingrained to the game engine to change.

2027 custom sliders for TS4 when though. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    edited October 2017

That and modding isn't limitless. It was likely assumed to be something too ingrained to the game engine to change.

2027 custom sliders for TS4 when though. :p
    I hope we’ll have a brand new game by then and I seriously can’t imagine people will still play Sims 4 :p Not if they’ve done a good job with the successor.
    5JZ57S6.png