Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddler Eating time needs fixing. Any mods to speed things up?

DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
edited October 2017 in Gameplay Mods
It takes a toddler over 2 hours to eat. This is completely ridiculous.

Started eating:
Eating_Start_Time.png

One hour later, Still eating:
Eating_Still_1_Hour_later.png

Two Hours later, Still eating:
Eating_Still_2_hours_later.png

Finally finished, 2 hours and 11 minutes after starting.
Eating_Done_2_hours_11_minutes.png

Had she not spent 90% of that time staring and doing nothing, she might have got finished eating quicker. This really needs to be fixed. Toddlers energy already tanks quickly, without spending 2 hours eating, 2 hours pottying, etc.

During the time she ate, Dad went on two space missions, mom gardened and then ate and went to the bathroom. My game is not lagging, it's not messing up, this is solely toddlers taking ages to eat (and potty, but that's another complaint another day).

Anyone know any mods to speed up toddlers eating?

Comments

• Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I hadn't payed attention to time spent eating but I have noticed lately that they tank on all their needs especially hunger. They will have just eaten and a few seconds later they are hungry again.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Another issue that hasn’t been resolved yet. I should really start making a list.
  • Options
    basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    This is part of the reason I use cheats to max motives. :s
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • Options
    BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    Have you ever been around a toddler eating? They get so easily distracted and take FOREVER to eat!

Kidding aside, i get why this annoys you and yeah i hope they fix it. :D
    HV83B28.png
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    It is the multitasking. The game puts in pauses for the sims to multitask. Eating alone is one of the worst offenders. One way to help is to talk to the tot while they are eating. This provides the multitasking that the system is waiting for. With older sims, make sure if they are alone to have them get a drink with their meals. This provides multitasking as well.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I haven't noticed this with toddlers but I have noticed this with every other age group. It took a young adult sim to 65 game minutes to eat a bowl of cereal. On her own with no one to talk too. Hope its fixed.
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    verlainem wrote: »
    I hadn't payed attention to time spent eating but I have noticed lately that they tank on all their needs especially hunger. They will have just eaten and a few seconds later they are hungry again.

Her food need isn't too bad, but she does have to eat upon waking and again before bed. That's 4 hours of time spent staring/eating food.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Another issue that hasn’t been resolved yet. I should really start making a list.

The list is quite extensive, isn't it.

It makes one hard pressed not to.
    Bambooram wrote: »
    Have you ever been around a toddler eating? They get so easily distracted and take FOREVER to eat!

LOL Yeah, I've raised 3 kids, not one took 2 hours to eat a meal.
    Mendota wrote: »
    It is the multitasking. The game puts in pauses for the sims to multitask. Eating alone is one of the worst offenders. One way to help is to talk to the tot while they are eating. This provides the multitasking that the system is waiting for. With older sims, make sure if they are alone to have them get a drink with their meals. This provides multitasking as well.

She wasn't multitasking, at all. She was sitting in the chair, all by herself in the house while Dad was exploring in the rocket and mom was gardening then eating and using the bathroom. I made sure that no multitasking was going on cause that makes it take agonizingly longer.
    I haven't noticed this with toddlers but I have noticed this with every other age group. It took a young adult sim to 65 game minutes to eat a bowl of cereal. On her own with no one to talk too. Hope its fixed.

Slow eating, slow shower, and slow potty (for tots) are the things that drive me most crazy with how slow they are. If they didn't sit and stare at the food, it wouldn't take so long. I've never sit and stared at my meal for 20 minutes between bites.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited October 2017
    The management of the time is a big problem in this game.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

Really? That is so weird. But worth a try to see if it speeds up.
  • Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    I think toddlers eat the high chair food quicker, but I know the high chairs can be really annoying to deal with. My sim toddlers usually eat in high chairs though, and they definitely take less than 2 hours to eat.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    verlainem wrote: »

Her food need isn't too bad, but she does have to eat upon waking and again before bed. That's 4 hours of time spent staring/eating food.
    Chazzzy wrote: »

The list is quite extensive, isn't it.

It makes one hard pressed not to.
    Bambooram wrote: »

LOL Yeah, I've raised 3 kids, not one took 2 hours to eat a meal.

She wasn't multitasking, at all. She was sitting in the chair, all by herself in the house while Dad was exploring in the rocket and mom was gardening then eating and using the bathroom. I made sure that no multitasking was going on cause that makes it take agonizingly longer.

Slow eating, slow shower, and slow potty (for tots) are the things that drive me most crazy with how slow they are. If they didn't sit and stare at the food, it wouldn't take so long. I've never sit and stared at my meal for 20 minutes between bites.

The fact that she wasn't multitasking is the problem. The game always accounts for multitasking, even if a sim lives alone. The only fix I found for sims eating alone is to make sure they have something to multitask (do two things at once). The easiest option is to have them get a drink with meals.