Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anybody play themselves in The Sims?

Comments

• Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I don't make a simself or play with one. I also don't make relatives or people I know it just seems to strange to me I can't.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    I get a weird feeling playing myself or anyone I know in real life (or real life people in general). Partially because my play style is a fair bit deviant and I'm not comfortable doing weird unnatural things to real people even in pretend. I made myself once for a sim making challenge but otherwise I avoid playing myself.
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited October 2017
    I did once in the Sims 2 a long time back. It's just not that fun for me to play as my sim-self. I'd much rather create sims and play out different things with them than I do in my normal life. I play me all day in my normal life, so when I play a game, I want to be someone else. Also one of the main reasons I play the opposite gender the majority of the time.

I did create a Sim that kind of looked like me at one point for an asylum challenge (lol) in the Sims 4, but his personality was pretty different from mine, so I don't consider him my sim-self. He wasn't even my played sim in the challenge. Just a non-played inmate.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    I get a weird feeling playing myself or anyone I know in real life (or real life people in general). Partially because my play style is a fair bit deviant and I'm not comfortable doing weird unnatural things to real people even in pretend. I made myself once for a sim making challenge but otherwise I avoid playing myself.
    This rings true for me as well. The crossover is just uncomfortable.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I made a simself, but I like leaving her to the whims of MC Command Center’s story progression (one time she married Don Lothario.)
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I've made myself, but I don't play myself.
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I've made my Sim self and my hubby but it got boring so I added some of our friends , that's when it felt strange and I deleted everyone and have never done it again.
    When I do play the many Sims I have , yes , I am one of the people in the household as I play. When I talk about what's going on in my Sims game I do use I , or we, sometimes. I like playing through the eyes of one of my Sims , makes it more interesting for me.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I made myself and my husband and played them for a long while, but they are dead now and I'm playing their decendants. That's me in the picture.
  • Options
    ysa88ysa88 Posts: 260 Member
    Never. I do planning on making my cats once pets comes out though.
    simblr

ea id: ysa_88
  • Options
    Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Waiting for pets to come out i need a black cat in my house! i will make him very playful.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited October 2017
    Nope, but my 7 year old plays our family simself household. She does mention our pet birds are missing, so hopefully we will get small pets in the game sometime soon. She just plays for fun every once and awhile with aging off.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • Options
    LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    I sometimes play as my sim self, and I make and play my husband too. It's fun to see how I would translate into the sims with traits and style and such. Most of the time I play other characters though, because I enjoy the variety.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I've never tried to really create my sim self. I've named sims me in past games but I don't think that's the same.
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    edited October 2017
    I don't tend to make sims of myself or people I know because it feels a little uncanny to me. It's kind of like playing god over a digital version of everyone, I'd rather just play god over a bunch of fake characters ^.-.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    All the time, and my simself usually gets everything I want in life, but can't have. It's kind of like a therapy.

I also play with friends and family members as sims, and it always makes for amusing stories to tell their real-life counterparts. My sister in particular is often curious about what her simself does in my game, and last week we built the penthouse of her dreams together. I get that some people may find this weird, but we don't take it too seriously, it's just a game after all, and a very comic one at that.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited October 2017
    I made my Simself for the very first time just a few weeks ago in the Sims 4. Never in the previous games. I also build my tiny house and as soon as Cats & Dogs comes out, I will add a pug and cat as in real life :D.
    But I do not play my Simself. Actually I am firends with almost all of my main Sims. So I see me a lot of times around the worlds and its always funny watching myself interacting with my main Sims.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    I have made my entire family in all versions of the Sims. I usually leave my family members as unplayed and just let them do whatever. I play my self sim and she is spoiled :smiley:
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited October 2017
    I have a simself-ish, though she's YA and prettier and she married some generic gallery dude and had his kid. I think her name was Avalon. I made her a long time ago (well, like a year ago) so my hair is different. I tried to make a more accurate simself but she really only looks like me when I put this young face mask on her bc I have a baby face and that means that my baby face isn't generic (I can't grow out of it irl bc it's my natural face lol.)

Anyway, I don't consider Avalon or any "simself" to be me.. I won't go, oh, I'm off to the spa bc I can't ever see a sim as the real person bc it's a sim, even if I make celebrities I'll call them by their names but I won't consider them to be those celebrities. My sims are generally only considered a person when they are my oc and even then their sims life may not be accurate to their fictional, story life I have for them. My zom had sooooo many children on the sims bc I had a big household mod so she had umm like 23 kids? I switched the roles though after a while, so the dad could have a go at carrying the children for a while, plus he got abducted and preggers. In my story, this would be *so* out of character because I can't ever see this couple marrying or having children, it's really not their style.

Plus it feels strange to me to just go "yeah, your life if mine now" when I'm like playing with real people. I know I'm not actually stealing their life and I know I could set myself up with all the 80s babes that I love but it just feels so strange to me. Avalon didn't even marry a real person and I still felt weird about it.

**but you can enjoy having real-life people sims if you want, it's just not my style**
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    No, never! In every game with nice customization options, I have fun creating a character with it's own look and personality, but I can't make a "avatar of myself". No way, it creeps me out, it feels like voodoo haha but of course I know it's just my (irrational) opinion and a lot of people have fun that way. I saw on reddit a guy telling he deleted every sim in TS3, replaced them with sims based on people he knows and activated story progression to just sit and watch who would impregnate who hahaha simmers are nuts!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    SodaGnome wrote: »
    I played Second Life a long time and in Second Life, players not only make their avatars look like themselves, they many times believe and act as if their avatars are them. The game is even advertised on the idea you make yourself and play as yourself. Once I was exploring a European town in Second Life with a female and she wanted to change her top since it was a hot day in the game, (yes extreme role playing) so she insisted on finding a room to go into away from me to change her top as she wanted privacy. She seemed to see no difference between her avatar body and her real one.

I naturally approached The Sims based on my other game experiences so I made a Sim to be me, and then played from that perspective. All the Sims big Youtubers.... they all seem to play in 3rd person......I will make this sim do this and that..... oh this sim likes that sim.... they never say "I" am doing this or that. They don't say, "I am doing the 100 baby challenge." No, they say,,,,,this sim avatar "Mary" is doing it, they never refer to the sim as them.

I played World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy online, Second Life etc, all games where you play as the avatar you create in 1st person mode. So yea, it seems natural to me to make a Sim to be me... then play as that character. Was just wondering if others made themselves to play as.

Yes I play my Simself all the time. Looking forward to making him a Pet when Cats and Dogs comes out though I'm having a hard time debating on whether it should be a dog,cat,racoon or fox.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    When I say I play a self sim, I still know the difference and I know she's not "me". She doesn't behave anything like the real me does, nor do I want her to, although it would be amazing to work out for a few hours and have a fab figure and be a musical prodigy and master an instrument after a few days. :D
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    This thread inspired me to create my simself for the first time - though it is an idolised version. Definitely fitter and much prettier than I really am :D

So far she's just going around being a little deviant.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

In sims1 I made my myself and boyfriend (husband now) just to test out the game. It was so much fun, but when I got married, got my own computer I played or created other sims. In sims 2 and 3 I created a sim that was not me but kinda me. Then, in sims 4 when I got the CAS demo I created me and husband simself. Currently in game we have 3 kids, 6 grandchildren, and 2 great grandchildren.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Katie123Katie123 Posts: 925 Member
    I've actually never done this. I've made famous people before, but never myself in the game - maybe i should to mix it up a bit! thanks for the idea
    tumblr_n25chlaSo01rrajoto1_500.gif

Katie123
  • Options
    DoctorMeow23DoctorMeow23 Posts: 26 Member
    I hate playing as myself in the sims. I feel like I can’t be creative with my simself.