Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Have Your Sims Evolved?

Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
I see this thread in the Photography forums comparing how one's photography has evolved through the years of being a photographer.

I want to give this theme a twist and see how everybody has evolved in the creation of their Sims.

One of my first Sims (back when I only had the base game and no other expansions or stuff packs)

Here's Nobby.

Screenshot-15.jpg

Liandra back then

Screenshot-17.jpg

Tosh and Keeter:

Screenshot-16.jpg

Now in all their advanced slider, CC'd to the gills glory. :D:mrgreen:

Liandra

Liandra_Gracen.jpg

Tosh:

Toshio_Nakamura.jpg

Keeter:

Jack_Keeter.jpg

GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Comments

• Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    OHHH I like this one! :smiley:

I still have no CC at all though I think I would love CC sliders because sliders = FUN!!

One of the first Sims I ever made was Julia, I was missing my grandmother one day and just decided to make a Sim that I thought she would get a kick out of (I think she would have loved playing Sims!) she is named after my dear grandmother, she is one of the very very few Sims I allow to get married to Jared.

My fist Sims were not very ambitious I see some flaws like eyes that are too big and low, weak jaw lines etc...BUT I would never change my first guys all that much, they do get an occasional tweak.

35857880376_3203ff8bdd_b.jpg

Julia and Jared:

35765570331_926840d834_b.jpg

Julia was in one of my latest stories (that is now on hold), she hasn't changed a bit since creation.

37031909761_8f9aef0656_b.jpg

Then came my brothers Jamie and Dylan Black, I made a girlfriend for Jamie named Belle White (I use colors for last names for all my me made Sims)

Jamie:

36292188531_4e26cebb55_b.jpg

Dylan:

35860788656_5c820bc719_b.jpg

Belle:

35512115160_04892de43b_b.jpg

Belle and Jamie are always a couple in my saves:

35089838953_c0d9ea10f6_b.jpg

**BUT** Dylan kept flirting with Belle! I did NOT want another female in the house so I made Belle a brother named Simon, Simon was created specifically for Dylan (my very first gay couple, though they are now both strait most of the time), that lasted about 3 hours as Simon started flirting with Jamie!! So Simon moved out and I created an entire family just for him and Belle (Simon was now to be a triplet, his brothers are Sebastian and Seth) their mom is Isabella and their father is Edward:

Simon and Dylan:

35864890366_0c3f766647_b.jpg

35621321613_ab1b32685b_b.jpg

Simon:

36316970443_7817e25549_b.jpg

The family:

L to R: Isabelle, Sebastian, Seth, Edward, Simon and Belle

35096440213_e7030c8f06_b.jpg

My newest Sims, I use more slider action now, before I used them a bit, now I go wacko.

I'm madly in love with my Ciel right now, he is still a tad anime with his biggish eyes but he just came out lovely I think, I adore him:

36477696624_6a40c3df0a_b.jpg

37289283342_f852552f59_b.jpg

36789162843_1efbf46267_b.jpg

But the ones I'm most proud of creation wise are Evan and his twin brother Aaron, I love their face shapes and lips:

Evan:

35073290543_3622364764_b.jpg

35073290843_0574aaa948_b.jpg

Aaron:

35713348362_19b8d46832_b.jpg

35841690056_5c8be542fa_b.jpg

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,359 Member
    edited October 2017
    Love this topic. I just posted this on my old thank you thread but it fits in well here so.... (you come up with some great topics Nikkei_simmer)

The evolution of Natasha:

First catwalk show
    From this:
    ARwMCx2.jpg

To THIS!
    Z8AXsAy.jpg
    and THIS!
    mVcpUyk.jpg

• Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    You know I don’t even remember creating sims before using cc . But I know I discovered cc a year or so after starting sims 3 around after supernatural. It’s like before the cc, my memory has been wiped :o
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2017
    Great idea for a topic, hope for a lot of contributions. Sims 3 is known for needing a little practice in the CAS department, you can really see people getting the hang of it over the years. I found it hard in the beginning to create attractive men, they all looked so dull and not very masculin.

568622750.jpg

The first time I was satisfied, was when I tried to recreate Kurt Cobain.

kurdt-kobayne_orig.png

I called him Kurdt Kobayne and was so happy with his look that I sticked with the eyes for 13 generations lol. I only chose heirs that were born with those eyes. Then this guy was born and I stuck with his eyes (his greatgranddad’s, my creation) for a couple of generations.

2190895_orig.png

After that I became more and more satisfied and daring with the sims I created so I don’t stick to just one look for generations and generations anymore :p (though it seems in Sims 3 we all have our own trademark where it comes to creating them, I love that actually).

demyan01_orig.png

silas-portrait2_orig.png

shayne2a_orig.png

Only quite recently I started using a CC skin.

2198599_orig.png

I’m happy with it, but I still prefer my old sims vanilla somehow.

As for females, that went from this (generation 2):

370953810.jpg

To this (generation 21):

cameron3bb_orig.png

@ZeeGee Funny, in you examples I not only see improvement where it comes to the sim but also something else I recognize: knowing how to make them catch the light. Very important.

(I love looking at other people’s sims, always gives new ideas)

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,359 Member
    @JoAnne65 It took awhile before I discovered the buydebug lights. :) Love your sims. That redhead is gorgeous, recognize her from your avi. Kurt is awesome! Is he up for download?
  • Options
    @ZeeGee Thanks :smiley: I don’t think he is anymore (I believe they remove stuff from your studio after a while?). I could upload him for you, maybe do a little tweaking first though because I’m not completely satisfied with him anymore :grimace: I’ll notify you when I have.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited October 2017
    This is Eddie Starr, a sim my son and I made together when I got Late Night when it was released. Sorry I don't have in-game pics of him in his original form but got a new computer when I moved back to Australia after living in the States for nearly 15 years. I am sure I could dig up pics if I tried hard enough because I transferred all my images to portable storage devices before moving but that would be precious time taken away from my simming. I think he is a good example of the evolution of my sims and I don't just mean the obvious use of CC. He has been changed subtly over the years as my sim style changed. His eyes are probably half the size of the original and all zero slider positions have been removed. Other small tweaks were made to ensure that his female offspring would be acceptable.
    headshot_original.jpg
    32431724436_8feace730f_b.jpg

• Options
    Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    edited October 2017
    I have two sims of which I have pics from both in 2013 and now in 2017 and those are Aiko and Izanami. I feel like showing their evolution fits here, even though it's not about creation but about graphics!:

Aiko in 2013:
    2mfln9i.jpg

Aiko in 2017:
    Desktop_Screenshot_2017.09.28_-_13.58.53.41.png

Izanami in 2013:
    2yw5ph5.jpg

Izanami in 2017:
    Desktop_Screenshot_2017.09.18_-_10.30.57.53.png

Back then I didn't have my game on the highest settings and I also didn't have any lighting mods, HD skins, eye defaults or ENB!

The sims weren't altered genetically! So the only difference you see here is in graphics, make up, skintone, eye defaults and for Aiko also her hairstyle.
  • Options
    @Mikezumi , Is that Jensen Eddie is chatting with (making googly eyes at ;) )
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Charlottesmom It most certainly is Jensen :) Eddie and Jensen were partners in my first save after having had a 2 year break from the sims.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    When I first started playing Sims 3 with a bad graphics card...

It was hard early on and premium content items like the Rim Rocking Basketball hoop from the sims store left me feeling empty

T9KF6dz.jpg

Then I upgraded my card and around this time I think I locked my butler in the freezer

T77u8Id.jpg

...coolness points if you got that :p

Then I got a Hewlett Packard laptop and life was good

jCsBzwx.jpg

:D
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    CL wins the silly award tonight!! :D
  • Options
    When I first started playing Sims 3 with a bad graphics card...

It was hard early on and premium content items like the Rim Rocking Basketball hoop from the sims store left me feeling empty

T9KF6dz.jpg

Then I upgraded my card and around this time I think I locked my butler in the freezer

T77u8Id.jpg

...coolness points if you got that :p

Then I got a Hewlett Packard laptop and life was good

jCsBzwx.jpg

:D

I remember the poor butler xD
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Awesome topic. There are some beautiful sims here. I love seeing how some change not only on the outside but through experiences just like real life. I wish I could share some pictures right now. I'll be back! :tongue:
  • Options
    @MemoriiValentine @Charlottesmom You both are awesome,and evil :rage: How dare you try to lock the butler in the freezer.All he wanted was to give you tea.Next thing you know you will say you tried to cliff dive Lara in the sequel off the highest spots in the game head first.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @MemoriiValentine @Charlottesmom You both are awesome,and evil :rage: How dare you try to lock the butler in the freezer.All he wanted was to give you tea.Next thing you know you will say you tried to cliff dive Lara in the sequel off the highest spots in the game head first.

If I ever did it ,it was on accident XD it was back when I didn’t have internet access on my dialup . Didn’t know it would happen so butler got trapped .in the freezer. Forever . Sounds like the sims prototype
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    My sims have evolved...A lot. When I started playing sims 3 I didn't really care about their looks. In-game they would look terrible anyway, as all the settings where the lowest (but as I didn't know what settings are, that didn't mattet either)
    I just always choose the same default nose, eyes and faceshape combined with some trashy early 2010's exchange cc. The kidn of style that makes me vomit nowadays. For a while I didn't have a cc-skin either, but I did have some 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cc-hair...
    Long story short, stuff like this:
    headshot_original.jpg
    headshot_original.jpg
    everyday_original.jpg
    headshot_original.jpg
    headshot_original.jpg
    (All anno 2012)
    (With a cc-skin, sometimes, also gotten through the exchange)

I got better cc. Quit the exchange (kept some stuff though). The proportions were still off and I didn't get rid of the slidersallergy yet.
    headshot_original.jpg
    (Anno 2014)

I figured out more cc...'discovered' the sliders (but wasn't very good at it yet)
    resulting in this:
    siTdPHd.jpg
    X9MfCHB.jpg
    5KKdvwC.jpg
    gSy85Lu.jpg
    I thought the two men, father and son, were handsome...
    (Late 2014)

Now, 3 years later, my skills have gotten a little better:
    zC5VanA.jpg
    hpM9zPL.jpg
    (mother and daughter)
    rFbxiJo.jpg
    Jhmqm3R.jpg
    aBKWTP4.jpg
    MXFKuC9.jpg
    8DEbAN4.jpg
    2iMyWhc.jpg

Even quite exotic sims - polynesians (last) and melanesians (first) - pass through my worlds B)

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Sadly I have lost most of my original pictures but I have many others to share later :smile:

@CravenLestat As for locking a butler in a freezer, I have no idea what you mean by that. I have never made a butler follow me, wait ten minutes and then jump over him and run out and hit the button on the outside... :*
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7 :D By that post I know for sure you are innocent.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @CravenLestat Well it is not like I did other bad stuff like jumping over the railings or drowning her in her own pool and neither did I run towards a T Rex just to 'see what happens when it eats you' :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited October 2017
    OK it took me awhile to respond to this thread because I decided to go through my 7+ years of screenshots on 3 computers. It was fun seeing some of my old favorites. But it has resulted in a very long post. :)

I got Sims 3 in Feb or Mar of 2010 for my new Imac. I joined the old Sims 3 forums in Apr. In the beginning I didn't use CC and didn't take any pictures. I would often start with one of the premade eyes, noses and mouths but almost from the beginning used the sliders to adjust the features. Pretty soon I quit using the preset features. I don't have any pictures from those earliest sims.

I didn't start using any CC until I started downloading sims from the exchange, probably by that summer, so it was all in sims3pack form. Back then I used non-default skins - Peggyzone for my males and that and two others for my females.

I almost never kept any of those downloaded sims and those few I did I tweaked using the sliders, but I got some ideas of how they got the look they did.

Because I have medium brown hair with reddish highlights and I always wanted to have more red in my hair, my main sim often has light or medium brown to red hair. She has evolved over the years depending on what new tweak I want to try and has had various names.

I have a few male sims that have survived from the early days but no pictures of how they looked back then. There is Michael Fletcher (one of my 4 archangel sims), Lucien Fairchild (one of my fallen angel sims, ie vampires) and a Native American sim named James Dawson.

It wasn't until I started posting about my sims and about my game play that I started taking many pictures. Digging through my saved screenshots from my Imac my earliest picture of my main sim was the founder of my legacy in the summer of 2011.
    ZsezIJX.jpg

From the beginning I noticed that EA's default distance between the bottom of the nose and the top of the mouth was/is too small. So I started increasing that distance by raising the height of the nose, and/or lowering the height of the mouth and/or lowering the height of the jaw. I especially worked on this look when I studied Jennifer Garner's face and tried to incorporate her look into my main sim.

Imac 2010 - 2013
    Another version of my main sim from Nov 2011.
    dGLB5V4.jpg

My first version of Ronan Dex in April 2012
    STC3Ruo.jpg

Here he is wearing a different hair style with my main sim of that time.
    1Xv9J3t.jpg

I was still using the non-default skins and leaving their eyes at full size.
    S0cgonZ.jpg
    GwIXZjb.jpg

By spring 2013 a lot changed in how I made my sims. I got rid of all my non-default skins and started using a default replacement skin by Traelia. I started giving my sims' noses some mass. Now I use a range from a little mass to a lot, depending on the sim. Once or twice I've used no mass. At that time I was still using standard sized eyes and standard width for the mouth, sliders at zero in the middle.

One of my favorite male sims of all time, Sebastian Sinclair, in Feb 2013.
    fGP4ETv.jpg

I liked his look so much I made a blond version of him, Gabriel, for my first bachlorette game.
    JVursLZ.jpg

Here is a close up of my bachlorette.
    Xu1HhA5.jpg

I did a gender swap on her.
    NlxWZ3P.jpg

Margo is based on a younger version of one of my sisters in June 2013.
    9UZMol3.jpg

A version of Lucien Fairchild of that time.
    nqZVNCq.jpg

Another version of my main sim at that time.
    t37c4Q3.jpg

Manu Kekoa - my native American James Dawson tweaked to look more Polynesian.
    IFhfdmo.jpg

I started playing Sims 3 on my new windows laptop in the summer of 2013.

On my laptop I started decreasing the size of my sims' eyes. I currently use -100 for eye size, give or take a little.
    Also sometime during this time I got rid of the Traelia skin and switched to two default replacement skins - Eskin FV2 for my males and S-Club F1.0A for my females. Later during this time I got rid of my contacts and started using default replacement eyes and I also started using less wide mouths.

windows laptop 2013 - 2016
    I replayed Sebastian Sinclair, a vampire, with a different hair style and smaller eyes in Oct 2014.
    kSKN2wt.jpg

my main sim
    1yGof1U.jpg

them together
    6TT8dvw.jpg

In Jan 2015 I played a game with a tweaked James Dawson.

Before university he had long hair.
    44FeMR5.jpg

After uni he had short hair.
    BA4rOeL.jpg
    gTdEc6C.jpg

James sees Beth Summers for the first time.
    hi6LyRk.jpg

Beth Summers, a version of my main sim
    1wXaNs0.jpg

James, Beth (with a new hair style) and their first child.
    bSkxJR4.jpg

In Sept of 2015 I started playing my "Girl Who Cried Wolf" game ...

featuring Wolfgang Rothman, a tweaked version of Gunter Goth,
    Tvtz8Bg.jpg

and Kathleen Hayward, a version of my main sim.
    EP1djdG.jpg

In spring of 2016 I made Drogo Gamboa, a tweaked version of Ronan Dex.
    YHZAIan.jpg

During spring and summer of 2016 I played a lot of different sims.

some version of my main sim during this time
    nRs5tlF.jpg
    7TdNer4.jpg

a red-headed buxsom version
    xVLOxke.jpg

Michael Fletcher, tweaked,
    j7LXNGO.jpg

glamorized younger versions of me and my 2 sisters
    MWG6wxw.jpg
    dgS2Fj6.jpg
    WihcqCu.jpg

My main sim has not changed much from versions of her created on my laptop, although every time I play I make small changes.

Desktop 2016 - current
    Grace practicing for her singer career - Jan 2017
    sKNHXiC.jpg

Andrea
    IGLHg2I.jpg

Some recently created male sims:

Anton Dietrich, a tweaked version of Vladimir Schlick,
    w28tNgc.jpg
    735pRVA.jpg

Jamie Fraser, although I plan to give him a more modern look and call him Bruce Robinson,
    JSsEgeC.jpg

Alec Jensen, based on Alec from Dark Angel as played by a young Jensen Ackles,
    l4hST9b.jpg

• Options
    @JoAnne65 I actually really like the face of your really old screenie Gen 2 blonde.The one in the olive green I think it's a World Adventures shirt.She has great features and her mouth is really good.You should have kept her.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @CravenLestat Oh I kept her ;) She married and got three boys. She died of old age but she’s still at the cemetery. I’m more satisfied with the women in my early game than with the men.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    A few of mine starting in 2009 and running to the present. In approximate order of being made. Although this is an edited version of the first one - she used to have long straight hair and a polar necked top.
    Patience002.jpg

Marcie002.jpg

Marty001.jpg

BartBombay001.jpg

FannyCurie001.jpg

Nate_Gloria001.jpg

Penelope001.jpg

Eyes001.jpg

CCL001.jpg

Paula003.jpg

JaniceMartin001.jpg

Gertie004.jpg

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited October 2017
    I had fun reading over this thread.

I started playing the game in 2009 on a cheap eMachine desktop. No screenshots saved from that computer. Then I had a refurbished HP desktop and I was able to play with high settings. Willow is a sim I created sometime between 2011-2012. I assume she was loosely based on myself. The minimal CC I used came from MTS and I used Tamos skin & eye defaults.
    8414512573_8b0efb6d29_c.jpg

Since I no longer play with Willow, I downloaded her from my studio. Then I took her into CAS and modified her to fit my current style. Played around with the sliders but kept skin, hair, and eye color the same. She is wearing custom skin, eyes, eyelashes, eyebrows, eyeliner, nosemask, and dress. My preference matches EA with a slightly realistic touch.
    37789554722_bc15abbc4c_o.png
    right-click > Open image in new tab to view bigger
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/