Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dogs & Dogs

Comments

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Bambooram wrote: »
    Cats are not plum - mine constantly tries to teach me tricks, not the other way around, hahaha.

That's sweet, and sorry but I have this image of your cat trying to teach you about the litter box. :D
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    You can always take a look at sims 3, where the amount of cat stuff overshadowed the dog stuff by a long stretch.
    I think they balanced it out this time.
  • Options
    BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    @BabySquare hahaha :D i'll let you keep that image... ;)

@Jean i have been playing Sims 3 since it came out, hahaha. I don't personally think your statement is true...

However, after reading answers here i do have some hope that cats will have more details than they did in the previous games.

I don't see why they couldn't make cats swim or at least paw at the water... i know some breeds, like bengals, loves water. It could be like a personality trait "Loves water" that makes the cat more prone to sleeping in the tub and paw at the water in the pool. I know it all needs animations and stuff, but that's just what i'd personally like to see - small details like that.
    I missed water interaction a lot in sims 3.
    HV83B28.png
  • Options
    How is my statement not true?
    I'm talking about objects. In the sims 3 dogs basically just have a dog house and a ball. I don't count the general toy box. Cats have the feather dancer, scratch post, lookout post.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Well, Sims likes to portray realism, but it works a bit differently when they sit down and plan it out.

I know cats sometimes love to swim. But the general belief among the public is that cats can't swim or that they hate water. Even the writers here are saying things like "Yeah, most cats don't like to swim but mine is the exception." And hey, it's one of the many things that adds a little more character to your cat when you're trying to give it a bath.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    You can always take a look at sims 3, where the amount of cat stuff overshadowed the dog stuff by a long stretch.
    Dogs
    - 1 ball toy, 1 toy box
    - 2 beds, 2 pet houses
    - 3 food bowls

Cats
    - 2 cat toys, 1 toy box
    - 3 beds, 2 pet houses
    - 3 food bowls
    - 2 litter box (which dogs just don't need)
    - 3 things for scratching (2 of them worked as beds too)

The biggest difference seemed to be the scratching posts and it was good they added three different ones because sometimes you want to have a small one and sometimes you want to go for something big and fancy. I would've liked one or two different chew toys instead of the toy box.
    But in my opinion it wasn't "overshadowed by a long stretch".
  • Options
    Maybe I should have used different words, but it was obvious there was more for cats..... That was my point, nothing else, geez.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Many times when people call cats plum, it's because they're so used to be around dogs that they don't know how to behave around a cat - and they end up being clawed or hissed at, because they're too rough with the cat or don't know when the cat is signaling them to stop.

Cats are not plum - mine constantly tries to teach me tricks, not the other way around, hahaha.

So true and have to think sometimes who is fooling who. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Guys they were laughing at the cat because they put a stupid outfit on it...

I have to rewatch the stream because I'm pretty sure they were laughing at cats and dogs when they were dressing them up.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    Toadette12Toadette12 Posts: 193 Member
    fruitsmis wrote: »
    I'm a huge cat lover and would like to see more attention on cats as well. My furbabies are totally weird tho.. they love water and will jump into the bathtub if I'm having a bath and I'm not paying attention... So I'm sad that cats can't swim in the pool as well, but totally not surprised as mine are just weird haha...

I think its been confirmed that dogs can sleep on sim beds, but does anyone know if cats can sleep on sims' beds as well? My kitties sleep on my bed with me and snuggle every night <3

My old cat loved water too and every time I turned the tap on she would run up to it and start hitting the water or trying to drink it!

I was wondering about whether cats can sleep on Sims' beds too. Being a huge cat lover myself, I really hope they can!
    TS4_EP04_WebQuiz_04.jpg
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    Toadette12 wrote: »
    fruitsmis wrote: »
    I'm a huge cat lover and would like to see more attention on cats as well. My furbabies are totally weird tho.. they love water and will jump into the bathtub if I'm having a bath and I'm not paying attention... So I'm sad that cats can't swim in the pool as well, but totally not surprised as mine are just weird haha...

I think its been confirmed that dogs can sleep on sim beds, but does anyone know if cats can sleep on sims' beds as well? My kitties sleep on my bed with me and snuggle every night <3

My old cat loved water too and every time I turned the tap on she would run up to it and start hitting the water or trying to drink it!

I was wondering about whether cats can sleep on Sims' beds too. Being a huge cat lover myself, I really hope they can!

It's been confirmed that cats can sleep on sims beds :)
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Jean wrote: »
    Dogs
    - 1 ball toy, 1 toy box
    - 2 beds, 2 pet houses
    - 3 food bowls

Cats
    - 2 cat toys, 1 toy box
    - 3 beds, 2 pet houses
    - 3 food bowls
    - 2 litter box (which dogs just don't need)
    - 3 things for scratching (2 of them worked as beds too)

The biggest difference seemed to be the scratching posts and it was good they added three different ones because sometimes you want to have a small one and sometimes you want to go for something big and fancy. I would've liked one or two different chew toys instead of the toy box.
    But in my opinion it wasn't "overshadowed by a long stretch".

I always found it weird in 3 how the cat could replace the scratching post itself and a new one would magically appear accompanied by lightning and synthesizer sound bites.

edit: plum awful spelling.
  • Options
    triGtriG Posts: 15 New Member
    I agree, but then again you don't really see cats running to catch a ball or being walked outside.
  • Options
    BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    @triG hahaha well my cat does fetch - i'll throw something and he'll bring it back - and i take him for walks outside on a leash, since i've lost a cat to the traffic and one to FIV in this area i live in..

Regardless of all this - i'm sure i'm gonna love the pets in the pack and i can't wait to see what they have come up with.
    HV83B28.png
  • Options
    @triG hahaha well my cat does fetch - i'll throw something and he'll bring it back - and i take him for walks outside on a leash, since i've lost a cat to the traffic and one to FIV in this area i live in..

Regardless of all this - i'm sure i'm gonna love the pets in the pack and i can't wait to see what they have come up with.

Wow you got your cat to play fetch and I must say that is good. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I truly hope -and honestly think- that they will have balanced the amount of dog and cat products available in Build Mode. Fingers crossed, anyway.
  • Options
    kirumagukirumagu Posts: 49 Member
    True.However since we havent see the gameplay,hopefully there will be more indoor activities for cat.Looking forward for the livestream.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member

my cats idea of playing fetch is going after the ball, and then losing interest in it once it stops moving ;-)
  • Options
    liliaeth wrote: »

my cats idea of playing fetch is going after the ball, and then losing interest in it once it stops moving ;-)

Mine just slaps it all over the place and chases it again. :)
  • Options
    littlemoondustlittlemoondust Posts: 29 Member
    I agree. I feel like cats aren't getting as much attention as dogs are. I understand that most people are dog lovers, but the content should be equal between them at least. I was really disappointed to hear that cats aren't going to be able to be walked. I get that most cats don't like it and it's not common, but SOME people's cats do and they should be able to do everything that they can and love in real life. Not to mention that because of this, dogs are getting a second outfit for walking and I don't think cats have a second outfit at all. Dog lover sims will get an entire skill related to them but cats? I agree that cats shouldn't be able to swim, but I really hope that they will at least get features to make up for not having all these things that dogs can do. From what I've seen, it looks like they are trying to make up for it with riding the roomba, jumping on things, and catching mice.. but I hope there's something that will really surprise me.
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Cats seem to have allot of furniture as apposed to dogs are more interactive I think, so you can walk your dog, swim with your dog do agility with your dog, where as cats get more furniture items to be weird on, like cat towers and scratching posts and what not, alternatively cats will jump onto almost all surfaces and then they share similar abilities to dogs such as both can attempt to theft food, both can probably dig in trash and drink from puddles if confronted by one, probably both ruin furniture, dogs need to be house trained with news papers, where as I don't think cats do... So probably one of the reasons the dogs wont have more furniture items is to make them more interactive with your sims as apposed to cats who are probably more portrayed from a dog persons point of view, I sure hope we can train our cats to do things however.. ):
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Having had cats my whole life they don't like water.The cats not swimming makes a lot of sense.

Some cats do though. Turkish van cats were often called water cats.
  • Options
    ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    Having had cats my whole life they don't like water.The cats not swimming makes a lot of sense.

My savannahs love water.
  • Options

I like to think they got that name after a number of them were seen driving Ford Transits around Istanbul.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Shades302 wrote: »
    Cats seem to have allot of furniture as apposed to dogs are more interactive I think, so you can walk your dog, swim with your dog do agility with your dog, where as cats get more furniture items to be weird on, like cat towers and scratching posts and what not, alternatively cats will jump onto almost all surfaces and then they share similar abilities to dogs such as both can attempt to theft food, both can probably dig in trash and drink from puddles if confronted by one, probably both ruin furniture, dogs need to be house trained with news papers, where as I don't think cats do... So probably one of the reasons the dogs wont have more furniture items is to make them more interactive with your sims as apposed to cats who are probably more portrayed from a dog persons point of view, I sure hope we can train our cats to do things however.. ):

This makes it sound like cats are more just an object and not much can be done with them. Which I hope is not true. I like dogs(I have 2), but I love cats and would like to be able to do more than simple social interactions. I know it's not common to walk cats and it's not common for cats to swim, but it still happens and it would be nice if they had more things to do like that. Dogs have the training and agility course stuff(for dogs and sims together) and so far cats have the roomba and scratching posts(for cats to do alone). Both functional items to keep your house neat and in one piece. I hope there is something new and cool with cats in the next live stream.