Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New IDEAS for a SEASONS Expansion!

Comments

• Options
    RangerlucyRangerlucy Posts: 36 Member
    I would like seasons and weather based off a variety of climates not every where has the standard 4 seasons and I know it annoys me in sims 3 when the temperature at the start of autumn is already at a level I wouldn't expect till the middle of winter. It would be nice to have a variety of holidays to chose from that we could decide when they were held, I know as an Australian having the gift giving holiday in the middle of winter is slightly distracting.

It would also be nice to be able to have different weather settings based on neighborhood, while in some games I may want snow in Willow Creek, I'm unlikely to want it in Oasis Springs
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I already know I won't get what I want because it would be too... severe for the "love, peace and harmony" world that is TS4, but one can dream, right?

I want realistic weather, and by that I mean it can also be extreme sometimes, enough to pose a threat. Sims should be able to suffer heatstrokes in summer, frostbites in winter, be knocked out by flying objects when there's a heavy storm outside, maybe even be carried away by the storm and only return later (if at all) à la Dorothy in Wizard of Oz. There should be hail and floods, lightnings causing power outages, maybe an occasional report of a forest fire on TV, and if your sims aren't careful, they might even be killed by the weather.

Of course stuff like that shouldn't occur every day, and I might have made it sound more extreme than I really want it to be. But the thing is, I want weather to be more than just "decoration", and I don't want only the nice things that come with certain seasons, like beautiful colours and snowmen. I was quite disappointed when I discovered that the Quake Zone lot trait does nothing but shake the picture for a few seconds every few sim weeks, and occasionally make sims tense. But speaking of which, lot traits could be used to regulate the severity of weather and seasons in certain areas.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Winter: Plants stop being harvestable. You have to wait until Winter is over.

Or you have a greenhouse to grow your harvestables in the Winter. :)
    7c04cec7815eaf95e74aa055fa8a9e63--glass-houses-sims-cc.jpg

I really like this idea! Pretty much all my sims enjoy gardening, having to use a greenhouse during winter would be a nice touch and make gardening feel more special during the warm months. You move you most beloved plants to a greenhouse and the rest will just stay outside with a low risk for dying.

I would also like being able to let a map go without sunlight at all. Eternal night for a chosen map, areas feel so much different in the dark and it would make having vampires so much more fun. I know that there is a mod for Forgotten Hollow but I think it is broken.

Would prefer not to have a Santa-npc. Don't like having mandatory sims taking up space, plus how would this work for those who do not celebrate western-winter? If that sim could be placed in a Stuff Pack so I can avoid it then I would be very grateful. Personally I don't do RL-celebrations and I use MCCC to keep the Grim away.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Rangerlucy wrote: »
    I would like seasons and weather based off a variety of climates not every where has the standard 4 seasons and I know it annoys me in sims 3 when the temperature at the start of autumn is already at a level I wouldn't expect till the middle of winter. It would be nice to have a variety of holidays to chose from that we could decide when they were held, I know as an Australian having the gift giving holiday in the middle of winter is slightly distracting.

It would also be nice to be able to have different weather settings based on neighborhood, while in some games I may want snow in Willow Creek, I'm unlikely to want it in Oasis Springs

Yeah there should be no snow in Oasis Springs! :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    What might be nice is the chance to be snowed in and have to dig your sim out. It sounds ridiculous but hear me out: imagine heavy snowfall as your sims sleep and in the morning they wake up to a mound of snow against the door. It could be due to a number or reasons, the angle of a roof or maybe a prank, or perhaps your sims dog has been digging and kicking up the frost, if you leave them long itself it blocks the doorway (you’ll need a large breed for this) and when your sim opens the door it falls on them or sits perfectly in the archway, you can either dig yourself out, call for your pet to help or call a friend or neighbour. I doubt the developers will make it optional to climb out a window or jump from the top floor (although I’d happily pay to see my sim nose dive from their top bedroom) however that would be a funny thing to animate and see as a simmer.

Again it sounds ridiculous and minor and nothing really worthy of being in a seasons pack but it’s something people do, dangerous as it clearly is, and given sims is an exaggerated version, it’d be nice to be surrounded by funny little things like this if they brought in seasons.

Another thing would be the pool freezing over, deadly if you left your sim swimming during a storm, but also fun if you left it overnight and had your sims skate over once it was completely solid. Maybe over time it shows cracks if you play too long, if your sim is heavy they risk falling in and drowning unless helped out by others. As it nears spring the ice slowly melts, of course your sims can help this along by jumping on it or taking a hairdryer to it because why not it’s the sims! If your sim was on fire they could dive straight through and instantly you’d see the ice disappear and steam rise up, instead of coming out singed, they’d be sopping wet but relatively unharmed. Just a few little ideas I’d like to see EA try
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    flower arranging
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    tiinnaalynnxtiinnaalynnx Posts: 5 New Member
    EA needs to see this one, immediately! I especially love the idea of grass growing and having to mow it, and having to rake leaves. And I think grass growing should be able to be turned off in the settings if you're one of those people that don't find mundane chores exciting. Godleyjeans had said digging your sims out so I think shoveling snow would also be fantastic to put in there. Also I don't think I saw anything regarding weather, which needs to be in there.
    I think rain and wind needs to be in there, and perhaps if your home gets struck by lightening, a blackout for a few hours? Obviously no serious damage could be done, but making it so the lights don't work would be neat. Hail hurting your sims and gardens.
    I miss seasons, and in ts4 the seasons changing would seriously be beautiful.
  • Options
    NAPK1NSNAPK1NS Posts: 116 Member
    Oh my gosh yaaay I loved seasons :D
    General:
    -Return of the weather machine
    -More types of weather, ranging from soft to extreme, such as light snowfall to blizzard and a nice warm day to blazing heat, maybe throw in some meteor showers and stuff like that too :blush:
    -Water sports
    -Outerwear outfits return
    -I want to see EA do something that I don’t believe has ever been done in the sims before: bring back a town that was in a previous sim game. Seeing as the sims 4 is in an alternate timeline I think it could be cool to bring back pleasantview or sunset valley :3
    -Bring back servo

Winter:
    -Igloo’s, snowmen and snow angels return, as well as the igloo woohoo
    -The return of the penguin from the sims 2 cos that furry guy was so cute :3
    -The ability to empty your bladder in the snow would be pretty cool
    -snowball fights again but there should be a skill for them, the higher the skill, the more tricks and he higher accuracy your sim will have

Spring:
    -Have flowers grow faster
    -Have an Easter festival/holiday where your children and toddlers can collect eastereggs in the town park
    -Bring back the social bunny, but he/she only appears in spring, like the penguin is for winter and have it raise the social need for your sims like the good old days

Autumn:
    -Have the therapist return but for the end of Autumn only and also by random say 30/70 chance or something like that of him showing up, but instead of curing your sim’s craziness, he should instead make them crazy this time. Halloween and all that.
    -Speaking of which, we need more Halloween stuff than just the few bits and pieces we got in the Halloween update thingy
    -new tornado and extreme gusts of wind weather

Summer:
    -Have a small chance of Bigfoot appearing on your lot but only if it is summer and you have something else that I haven’t figured out yet
    -Waterballoons skill, mischief options, pranks for water balloons etc. (Tied with general)
    -Sunbathing, sun tans, sun burn, death by heat
  • Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    Lovely ideas posted here, hopefully this happens sooooon.
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    so do you think Rain should be patched in the base game before Seasons comes out for better integration with other packs?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    so do you think Rain should be patched in the base game before Seasons comes out for better integration with other packs?

Yes

Also Gloomy Sims should get happy if it rains
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Cynel1 wrote: »

Yes

Well can you share some ideas on feeatures added to the rain patch
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited October 2017
    I love these ideas, i would also like to be able to see rain drops hitting the window pane outside and water droplets running down the pane while inside the house. Listening to raindrops hitting the window is super relaxing! Also the sound of the wind howling while your inside the house as it blows outside. even if this came as a lot trait. They could call its draughty or something.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited October 2017
    Ever since TS2 "Seasons" has been my #1 favourite EP!
    I love the idea of different food stands and/or festivals based on different seasons!

My ideas for seasonal stuff:
    SPRING
    - flower arrangment
    - allergies (and cure by medicine?)
    - a flirty moddlet when a Sim is outside
    - better chance at accepting a proposal
    - social event: date night (with special interactions for lovers)
    - love festival (kissing booth, chocolates/sweets and flowers to buy and gift to crush/sweetheart)

SUMMER
    - more pool actvities
    - possible sun burns
    - swimming/surfing in the ocean
    - one week break from school/work for every Sim
    - social event: sleep over in tents for kids and teenagers
    - summer festival (food stand selling new ice cream flavours, beach volleyball, skateboard half pipe)

AUTUMN
    - leaves changing colours
    - kites (for toddlers and up)
    - making nectars or jams
    - social event: costume party
    - autumn festival (roller skating rank, harvesting special fruit/vegetables, possibility to sell harvested goods)

WINTER
    - possible day off of school because of too much snow
    - build a greenhouse or your plants won't be harvestable
    - making hot cacao
    - social event: gift giving party
    - snow festival (snowboard half pipe, snowball fight, ice skating rank, building a snowman contest)
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    For Seasons, I would really love it if coats, jackets and sweaters could be just like TS4 hats. That is, they work with any outfit that your Sim is already wearing. (There are already some CC accessory clothing that work like this.) Then, when the Sims go into a warm place, the coat/jacket/sweater would automatically come off and reveal the outfit below.

That's my dream for a Seasons pack. Although, it may be too far ahead of the present tech.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    Hmm.. :o I would really like farming and a rural world in a seasons pack.
  • Options
    Fordman6991Fordman6991 Posts: 1 New Member
    I couldn't start a new forum but what does everybody thing about a plasmeronni pizza from services and maybe some couples scoffing for the players with vampire families? And I as for the seasonal food maybe allow vampires to learn new food recipes based on the vampire lore. Maybe like vampire friendly cranberry sauce (plasmaberry sauce) and like baby vampires need a non alcoholic plasma drink. Again sorry for the big comment but if have made a new post if I had the option.
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    All seasons have celebratios like Christmas, New Year, Halloween, etc... but i thing that should be much more!! We already have festivals in City Living, so i think that seasons should be a little bit diferent from Sims 3.
    Winter and summer sports would be great too! And variations of weather depending of the geography (for exemple, the winter and fall shouldn't be so rigurous because its a desert, ... things like that!) sorry for my english :blush:
  • Options
    gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    EA needs to see this one, immediately! I especially love the idea of grass growing and having to mow it, and having to rake leaves. And I think grass growing should be able to be turned off in the settings if you're one of those people that don't find mundane chores exciting. Godleyjeans had said digging your sims out so I think shoveling snow would also be fantastic to put in there. Also I don't think I saw anything regarding weather, which needs to be in there.
    I think rain and wind needs to be in there, and perhaps if your home gets struck by lightening, a blackout for a few hours? Obviously no serious damage could be done, but making it so the lights don't work would be neat. Hail hurting your sims and gardens.
    I miss seasons, and in ts4 the seasons changing would seriously be beautiful.

Took the words right out of my mouth! In addition to the optional grass growing (which I really love in lieu of the "painted on" lawn as it exists now) I'd love to see options to trim bushes/hedges. A real opportunity for those who want it to tend to the naturalscape.
  • Options
    Immamonsterrr1Immamonsterrr1 Posts: 1 New Member
    For seasons there's a lot I would like to see. Here are just a few:
    Autumn: pumpkin patches, trick or treating, leaves falling, decorating for the season, thanksgiving, haunted housing, etc.
    Winter: snow fall, building snowmen, snowball fights, Christmas and decor, hot coco, gatherings, Christmas baking, colds(sickness), winter attire, Santa, reindeer. Winter sports
    Spring: Easter, bunny, egg hunting, blossoming flowers, things that you would do in the spring time.
    Summer: 4th of July, heat, sunburns, summer sports, rain, etc

Some random things to add just for fun:
    Trampolines, ice rinks and roller rinks, tanning beds, pumpkin carving, seasonal foods, light to extreme weather (tornadoes, hail, lightening, floods,etc), power outages, hauntings, vacations spots, beaches.

Just some ideas I would love to see :)
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Has anyone mentioned fog yet? That would be cool too. If the expansion once again comes with a weather machine, I'll make at least one lot called Silent Hill that is always foggy!
  • Options
    WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    Fog would be perfect for Brindleton Bay in Cats & Dogs, what with the lighthouse
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Weather should be linked to worlds! :)
    For example, it should rain less often in Oasis Springs (because it's a desert) and should be foggy more often in Brindleton Bay! :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    NextTrickAnvilsNextTrickAnvils Posts: 100 Member
    Everyone's mentioned the big stuff I'd like to see (festivals, return of greenhouses.) So I'll mention some little stuff. Does anyone remember how in Sims 2, each season had little bonuses? Spring gave a bonus to romantic interactions, summer gave a bonus to friendly interactions, fall increased skill gain, and winter gave a bonus to family interactions. The bonuses don't have to be the exact same as Sims 2 but I wouldn't mind seeing that come back.

Also with snowman building, I'd like to see traits give different options. Like evil/mean sims can make monster snowmen, goofballs can make silly snowmen, etc. Plus aliens and vampires can make their own versions of snowmen.

I'd also like to see making juices with harvestables come back and like in Sims 2, certain juices have certain effects (faster homework, cooling/warming sims, etc.)
  • Options
    Still, does anyone else think that rain could be added to the base game via patch a week before Seasons comes out for better integration