Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

would you be able to deal with this.

so I experence an issue where the music from the loading screen continues throughout the rest of the game and i am just curious would you be able to deal with constantly hearing the loading screen music druing your gameplay or what would you do/ how would you react.

Comments

• Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    No, it would drive me crazy. Do you delete your cache files regularly? Also try using "Save As" instead of "Save" at least once per playing session, I find those two things help keep bugs to a minimum.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    No, it would drive me crazy. Do you delete your cache files regularly? Also try using "Save As" instead of "Save" at least once per playing session, I find those two things help keep bugs to a minimum.

honestly thanks for your response but to be honest the main reason i am asking how anyone would feel about that is well i feel alot of simmers lack emptahy if you have a bug well will usually respond with1)dont complain about here go post it somewhere else 2)i am not experiecing it so it obviously must be your computer 3)not much you can do about it so play the game or if its really that bad dont play the game.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I rarely get this glitch but when I do, I just exit the game and then restart it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    I rarely get this glitch but when I do, I just exit the game and then restart it.

its still annoying to get it though.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I prefer the music not to just go on, I just mute the music sometimes it stops the next time I put the sound back on usually.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    It rarely happens in my game - I notice that it happens more when I'm playing with my tray folder in - it has like 4,000+ files in it, and I'm using the gallery. I just reload because no, I can't deal with it :lol:
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    I prefer the music not to just go on, I just mute the music sometimes it stops the next time I put the sound back on usually.

i think we would all prefer the music to just not go on.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I was going to say that I haven't had this issue happen to me in ages. But then I realised I have music muted by default so I honestly wouldn't know if it still happens to my game.
    Anyway, I'd be unable to play with it. Whenever it did happen to me in the past, I'd exit and restart - which tends to fix it.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I have the sound muted in my game as even the gibberish the sims talk annoys me. So either i mute the sound or i just would not play the game. Sorry this annoys you so much. Try to mute it. If that does not help then i am at a loss
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Same here
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    I have the sound muted in my game as even the gibberish the sims talk annoys me.
    I thought I was the only one who cannot stand to hear sims talking. But I just turn Voices down to 0% in the audio options and keep the environment sound and music.

• Options
    Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    I have the music muted or switched off so it never happens in my game. I can't even remember what I did, it's been so long!
    In the grand scheme of pety annoyances in life, I think it's a minor one though. I hope you find a solution that makes you happy.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    This happened to me a couple of times in the past, when I first started playing TS4. I just restarted the game and the issue resolved itself. But yeah, it was always an annoying thing to encounter. It’s one of the reasons why I turned off all of the musical-aspects of the game.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »

honestly thanks for your response but to be honest the main reason i am asking how anyone would feel about that is well i feel alot of simmers lack emptahy if you have a bug well will usually respond with1)dont complain about here go post it somewhere else 2)i am not experiecing it so it obviously must be your computer 3)not much you can do about it so play the game or if its really that bad dont play the game.

A minor bug in a game is not something I feel the need to be empathetic about, not when there are much, much, MUCH bigger things going on in the world. You asked a question & I answered. I'm not going to change my answer just to tell you what you want to hear.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I have this bug. It’s annoying. I simply mute it when it happened because the only other choice is to exit game, which I don’t want to do when I’m in the middle of gameplay.
  • Options
    damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    I've had this happen as well, and I did a repair and I've never had it since. It's very annoying so I hope you find a solution!
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    That happens to me pretty rarely, I either have to deal with the game on complete mute or go through the restarting process with all the loading screens.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    It happens every now and again, I just exit and reload.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member

That's terrible that its happening to you. I've never noticed because I typically play with sound muted and watch a tv show or something while I play. I have a fairly substantial hearing loss so too many sounds at once really messes with my ability to hear anything at all. Unfortunately the sims lose to the sound war for me.

Sadly, I don't even have any idea how to fix that bug/problem, but I thought maybe knowing some of your fellow simmers feel your pain and hope you can get it figured out so it doesn't happen anymore will help some.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    I have the sound muted in my game as even the gibberish the sims talk annoys me.
    I thought I was the only one who cannot stand to hear sims talking. But I just turn Voices down to 0% in the audio options and keep the environment sound and music.

Not the only one. I am glad now i am not the only one lol
  • Options
    OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    edited October 2017
    I never play with my volume on, so I never noticed if this has happened. I can imagine listening to the opening song on repeat can be annoying. Maybe exit and clear your cache files?

Edit: Also not sure why you feel lack of empathy from other simmers? I feel like people may be trying to be helpful when they tell you those things (not malicious). There are appropriate places to complain and your problem could already have been addressed. Or maybe it is your computer and it could be an easy fix too. Or maybe when they tell you it's not so bad, they are trying to say at least the bug isn't obscuring your game play completely. I know it is easy to read anger or roughness in comments (that would not sound as harsh if spoken instead of written), but dude, everyone seems to be really nice if you ask me.
    Post edited by Otoyo on
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I turned off the loading music. I don't remember how I did it, but I did it.
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    It happens to me every now and then, I usually restart and it's gone. I think I've had to repair the game once or twice, but restarting usually works fine.

As for lack of empathy, I think it's more a question of that bug having been addressed before and that you would find the answer if you searched before making a new thread. What you should be looking for is an answer to the problem, which you usually can by searching. People's empathy isn't going to fix your bug.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    so I experence an issue where the music from the loading screen continues throughout the rest of the game and i am just curious would you be able to deal with constantly hearing the loading screen music druing your gameplay or what would you do/ how would you react.

I had that happen, twice, recently. No, I can't tolerate it. What I did was exit the game, delete the localcachefile from the documents, as usual, then I went back into my game. Problem gone.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/