Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is the Console Subforum Dead?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited November 2017
    *They said it wouldn’t be a matter of which version is superior but which one you prefer to play

Pc is superior, just looks and plays so much better. Textures on pc are better too. I personally dont know if i want to buy the dlc for console atm as its just so buggy and laggy.

They both look relatively the same, there’s no need to say the PC version looks a lot better out of loyalty as a PC player when the fact is they are both really close visually. And playing better? The console version runs so smooth with literally no hiccups. The only thing that needs worked out is some occasional control stuff.

Seems to be stuttering and lagging on my ps4 pro every so often ive had a few crashes too. Its not because im a loyal pc fan its because ive experienced poor performance. Crashed 3 times today now already.

Edit - i turned boost mode off on my pro and thats helped performance wise alot.
    Post edited by Simsfan99111 on
  • Options
    KjrockPlayerKjrockPlayer Posts: 305 Member
    I fought that it was not actually out until Friday I myself got the xboxone version with early access but some might not off and have to wait to Friday .I could be wrong any way I really like the look of it on console it seems to run well for me but I use a t3 ssd drive .I intend to play the xboxone version more at at a later date when other packs are added
  • Options
    KjrockPlayerKjrockPlayer Posts: 305 Member
    edited November 2017
    Sorry Duplicate post
    Post edited by KjrockPlayer on
  • Options
    MalacathMalacath Posts: 40 Member
    > @JPNeko said:
    > > @Malacath said:
    > > Maybe this forum would be more used if we could actually create new threads.
    > >
    > > For some reason I can not create new posts on this forum. I can reply to existing threads but not create them. I'm assuming i'm not the only one having this problem. I have a major game breaking bug in the xbox one version of the game and can't even create a post about it. Have to use reddit instead
    >
    > That's because you are a new member and you must have 30 posts and 50 points before being able to create new threads. I am in the same position.
    >
    > I am also experiencing bugs playing on PS4. My game even crashed when I tried to exit. I am struggling with the controller. When in live mode, I don't know how to deselect a menu. I keep pressing the "back" button (red circle) and nothing happens. While the menu is selected, I can't control my sims.

Thanks for explaining why.

Having to have 30 posts seems a bit extreme to me considering a lot of console users will have never played a Sims game before so may have questions. Its not like games come with manuals anymore.
  • Options
    MalacathMalacath Posts: 40 Member
    > @JPNeko said:
    > > @Malacath said:
    > > Maybe this forum would be more used if we could actually create new threads.
    > >
    > > For some reason I can not create new posts on this forum. I can reply to existing threads but not create them. I'm assuming i'm not the only one having this problem. I have a major game breaking bug in the xbox one version of the game and can't even create a post about it. Have to use reddit instead
    >
    >
    > I am also experiencing bugs playing on PS4. My game even crashed when I tried to exit. I am struggling with the controller. When in live mode, I don't know how to deselect a menu. I keep pressing the "back" button (red circle) and nothing happens. While the menu is selected, I can't control my sims.

I'm on xbox but the controlls should be more or less the same. I keep pressing back button to but I sometimes find I have to press select button to switch to cursor mode and use that to close menu. The ps4 equivelant of the select button is to press to touchpad
  • Options
    NittzoNittzo Posts: 3 New Member
    Most people who have played the sims for a long time won't need the console version, why would they? But for console players who have wanted to play it can now play it in it's full glory and not the console versions that we've gotten before.

The only game I have ever felt the need to play on pc is the sims and it sucks cause my computer is so bad that I have to have all settings on low quality just to be able to start the game and then after finally get to gameplay, the game crashes within 30 minutes. I will not buy an expensive computer just to play one game so this console version of the sims 4 that would be identical to the pc version, was a dream come true.

BUT. The game has so many problems that im slowly starting to get annoyed to, all the excitement for the game finally working is slowly coming to an end cause my game has so many annoying bugs. My sims come completely unresponsive too often now that I have 5 sims in my household (was not a problem when I had just one), if I go press the upstairs arrow and then back downstairs, the game lags in the middle of the two floors and if I want the camera to fully be downstairs I have to put all walls up and down and press the downstairs button multiple times. Fast forwarding the game sometimes gets stuck, also changing from sim to sim sometimes gets stuck too. These happen all the time and it's becoming so annoying that I don't wanna play the game too long. Not a bug but the cas controls really need to be fixed, for example the highlight on the sims body part when you put on clothes makes it difficult to see the piece of clothing properly. But I do have faith that some of these will be fixed.

But I can't complain much cause the problems im having with this are nothing compared to the problems I had with the pc game. Sorry for making this so long but I needed to let things out :D
  • Options
    "The only game I have ever felt the need to play on pc is the sims and it sucks* (not plum :D)
  • Options
    Oh, I didn't realize im not allowed to use that word
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited November 2017
    I think that only the core Sims fanbase uses the forums and that fanbase already has the game on PC or Mac. Nobody wants to buy a game twice.
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited November 2017
    I think that only the core Sims fanbase uses the forums and that fanbase already has the game on PC or Mac. Nobody wants to buy a game twice.

Well I did actually. But only because I am a collector and out of curiosity. I will most likely NOT buy any dlc for ps4 (since I own everything on pc anyway) after all These gamebreaking issues People are experiencing. It's a hot mess y'all.

And it annoys me that we can't have a dedicated thread for Bugs in this section. WHY :(
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    edited November 2017

I did, i love the sims 4 and id buy it again if it came out on any other platform too. :smiley: im going to buy all the dlc pack that come out again on console too.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member

I did, i love the sims 4 and id buy it again if it came out on any other platform too. :smiley: im going to buy all the dlc pack that come out again on console too.

Same here! I have the PC version and the console version of TS4. I have not played the console version yet though. I should be able to play Friday. Hopefully they get some of these bugs fixed soon.
    He/Him
  • Options
    JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    > @Nittzo said:
    >Not a bug but the cas controls really need to be fixed, for example the highlight on the sims body part when you put on clothes makes it difficult to see the piece of clothing properly.

I know. Like when you're trying different facial features and the highlight doesn't allow you to see the changes well. Then you have to go back and deselect that part to see how the mouth or the nose (for example) really looks and see if you like it. Otherwise, you have to do it again.
  • Options
    Faye_ButtonsFaye_Buttons Posts: 16 Member
    > @Simplyobsessed said:
    > I think that only the core Sims fanbase uses the forums and that fanbase already has the game on PC or Mac. Nobody wants to buy a game twice.

I have most of the packs on my Mac but it's started to lag so much that I decided to go to the console since they're so similar.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    JPNeko wrote: »
    > @Nittzo said:
    >Not a bug but the cas controls really need to be fixed, for example the highlight on the sims body part when you put on clothes makes it difficult to see the piece of clothing properly.

I know. Like when you're trying different facial features and the highlight doesn't allow you to see the changes well. Then you have to go back and deselect that part to see how the mouth or the nose (for example) really looks and see if you like it. Otherwise, you have to do it again.

You can press square on ps4 to bring up the menu, make sure you move the curser out of the way so it isnt highlighting anything before you press it. Not sure what the xbox button is called but i imagine both controls are mapped the same.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Is it worth talking about?
    No CC or mods and no gallery in this version.
    I will try the game and hang out here but honestly no gallery is going to make these console forums pretty boring for me.,
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The core fanbase is PC users. My daughter is already returning the console version and asking if she can play on my computer sometimes instead. She now see why I refused to purchase it for her.