Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is the Console Subforum Dead?

This forum should be hopping. Doesn't seem like there are a lot of people excited for the console version. I am and a couple of others are though. These topics are rarely getting replied to.

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I think its because a lot of the hype is going towards pets.
    I don't think its the wisest idea in the world to release the game 7 days after pets, its over shadowed by that.

Another reason I think is console editions don't tend to be as popular as the pc edition and there is some limitations already with the console that we know of - no gallery for one. No mod or cc support. Not to mention the game is releasing base game and a stuff pack only. I have heard today a game pack, a stuff pack and an expansion is releasing the same day but I have no idea how true that is. The idea to me of having to buy all the DLC AGAIN doesn't really appeal to me as good as I think simming on a big screen in my bedroom would be.

It may pick up activity wise here but I don't think it will be as popular as other sections of the board.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm not really sure what people would say on it. It's obvious that the game is mostly the same, so there's not a lot else to say. And maybe console users don't tend to hang out in forums as much as PC users?

@MidnightAura They announced a bundle today with City Living, Vampires and Vintage Glamor in it:

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    personally I don't really even understand why the console version needed a subforum given the game is going to be pretty much the same as it is on PC :D
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    I'm not really sure what people would say on it. It's obvious that the game is mostly the same, so there's not a lot else to say. And maybe console users don't tend to hang out in forums as much as PC users?

@MidnightAura They announced a bundle today with City Living, Vampires and Vintage Glamor in it:

Yeah I've just read. That's interesting, sad parenthood isn't day one but I understand why vampires are.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    The console forum, I imagine, will be more of a bug and advice hub. The console game is the same as the PC game, so there’s not really any unanswered questions at this point or any information to speculate over.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Alot of console players that are interested in the game probably dont know about the forums yet to be honest. That and like someon else has pointed out its the same exact game as the pc game so other forum users wouldnt come here to ask about the game if its the same.
  • Options
    It will probably stay a quiet section, the mobile games that have sections are quieter despite having alot of players so irecon it will be like that
  • Options
    MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    I'm aware, and of the 'gimme!' for console. Just waiting for new info, and wondering why I can't preorder physical on Amazon anymore.
    Did I miss out?
    Never preordered on there before and was looking into it, when it turned to 'Unavailable'. :'(
    Anyway...
  • Options
    MrStrange wrote: »
    I'm aware, and of the 'gimme!' for console. Just waiting for new info, and wondering why I can't preorder physical on Amazon anymore.
    Did I miss out?
    Never preordered on there before and was looking into it, when it turned to 'Unavailable'. :'(
    Anyway...

Thats odd.....
  • Options
    Did I miss out?
    Anyway...

Has the current allocation sold out? Clutching at straws. I had this once with a game. Try nearer the time. It may be different then.
  • Options
    MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    > @MidnightAura said:
    > MrStrange wrote: »
    >
    > I'm aware, and of the 'gimme!' for console. Just waiting for new info, and wondering why I can't preorder physical on Amazon anymore.
    > Did I miss out?
    > Never preordered on there before and was looking into it, when it turned to 'Unavailable'. :'(
    > Anyway...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Has the current allocation sold out? Clutching at straws. I had this once with a game. Try nearer the time. It may be different then.

Hopefully that's all. Thanks. :*
  • Options
    Did I miss out?
    Anyway...

Has the current allocation sold out? Clutching at straws. I had this once with a game. Try nearer the time. It may be different then.

If this is the case then thats kind of a good sign.
  • Options
    llamaking88llamaking88 Posts: 21 Member
    The console forum is probably dead because it's practically the same game as the pc version and that has been out for years. There are loads of information about the pc version all over the internet. For instance I wanted to know what the vampire pack was all about so I watched a couple youtube videos of the pc version since it should be the exact same on console.
  • Options
    littlesihalittlesiha Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm not SUPER hyped because I'm worried it'll be the same as TS3 on PS3, which was really hard to play for me. I'm still going to get it, though, and I have my hopes that it'll be a lot easier/better to play. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    littlesiha wrote: »
    I'm not SUPER hyped because I'm worried it'll be the same as TS3 on PS3, which was really hard to play for me. I'm still going to get it, though, and I have my hopes that it'll be a lot easier/better to play. :D

Its not hard to play but it is very buggy. It stutters every so often too and thats on my ps4 pro. Im having so much fun though i just wish the game was more smooth.
    Post edited by Simsfan99111 on
  • Options
    MalacathMalacath Posts: 40 Member
    Maybe this forum would be more used if we could actually create new threads.

For some reason I can not create new posts on this forum. I can reply to existing threads but not create them. I'm assuming i'm not the only one having this problem. I have a major game breaking bug in the xbox one version of the game and can't even create a post about it. Have to use reddit instead
  • Options
    JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    > @Malacath said:
    > Maybe this forum would be more used if we could actually create new threads.
    >
    > For some reason I can not create new posts on this forum. I can reply to existing threads but not create them. I'm assuming i'm not the only one having this problem. I have a major game breaking bug in the xbox one version of the game and can't even create a post about it. Have to use reddit instead

That's because you are a new member and you must have 30 posts and 50 points before being able to create new threads. I am in the same position.

I am also experiencing bugs playing on PS4. My game even crashed when I tried to exit. I am struggling with the controller. When in live mode, I don't know how to deselect a menu. I keep pressing the "back" button (red circle) and nothing happens. While the menu is selected, I can't control my sims.
  • Options
    AdamSimAdamSim Posts: 8 New Member
    People not being able to create threads is probably a major reason. I have some questions but can’t start threads to ask them.
  • Options
    SeekersLegacySeekersLegacy Posts: 16 New Member
    [quote="MidnightAura;c-16063787"]I think its because a lot of the hype is going towards pets.
    I don't think its the wisest idea in the world to release the game 7 days after pets, its over shadowed by that.

Another reason I think is console editions don't tend to be as popular as the pc edition and there is some limitations already with the console that we know of - no gallery for one. No mod or cc support. Not to mention the game is releasing base game and a stuff pack only. I have heard today a game pack, a stuff pack and an expansion is releasing the same day but I have no idea how true that is. The idea to me of having to buy all the DLC AGAIN doesn't really appeal to me as good as I think simming on a big screen in my bedroom would be.

It may pick up activity wise here but I don't think it will be as popular as other sections of the board. [/quote]

Actually it’s been officially confirmed they plan to release the rest of the expansions and packs as dlc over time. They even outright said they’re goal is to make the console game up to par on content and that it wouldn’t be a matter of which version is similar but which one you want to play. The rest of the expansions and packs are confirmed as dlc. They’re words. It won’t be lacking in content.
  • Options
    *They said it wouldn’t be a matter of which version is superior but which one you prefer to play
  • Options
    *They said it wouldn’t be a matter of which version is superior but which one you prefer to play

Pc is superior, just looks and plays so much better. Textures on pc are better too. I personally dont know if i want to buy the dlc for console atm as its just so buggy and laggy.
  • Options
    [quote="Simsfan99111;c-16164406"][quote="SeekersLegacy;c-16164368"]*They said it wouldn’t be a matter of which version is superior but which one you prefer to play[/quote]

Pc is superior, just looks and plays so much better. Textures on pc are better too. I personally dont know if i want to buy the dlc for console atm as its just so buggy and laggy.[/quote]

They both look relatively the same, there’s no need to say the PC version looks a lot better out of loyalty as a PC player when the fact is they are both really close visually. And playing better? The console version runs so smooth with literally no hiccups. The only thing that needs worked out is some occasional control stuff.
  • Options
    Come on, you all can admit the console version is good. No need to say otherwise just because your loyal PC players. Give the game the credit it’s earned for being a worthy port of the PC game
  • Options
    llamaking88llamaking88 Posts: 21 Member
    The game is not laggy at all for me. I did have an issue with the UI last night where it bugged out. Other than that the game has been super smooth for me and looks great. The game plays a lot better for me on the console (xbox 1 x) than it did on my pc. The only bit of laggyness I have encountered is when the game loads up build mode. That is very minor and does not bother me since it is not something that impacts actual game play.
  • Options
    Faye_ButtonsFaye_Buttons Posts: 16 Member
    I've played on a PC since Sims 1 but am not interested in buying an expensive PC to keep up with all the packs (I had most of The Sims 4 and it was becoming unplayable). I've now brought the base game for the Xbox One and haven't found it to lag at all and the controls seem super easy but there have definately been some glitches in Create a Sim and with losing time in gameplay and therefore any skills or friendships that were gained during that time. Is it worth someone who can create threads creating one for bugs on the console?

Also, can anyone tell me how you can paint 1 wall or a whole room (it was shift or alt on the PC) but I can't work it if it's possible on the console?