Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood is worth it?

I am considering buying The sims 4 Parenthood (I saw that Bundle 5 - which includes Parenthood + Vintage Glamour + Bowling stuff - costs 18 euros on Instant Gaming) : is it worth?
How has it changed your gameplay? Pros and cons? .... Thank you!!

Comments

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I am considering buying The sims 4 Parenthood (I saw that Bundle 5 - which includes Parenthood + Vintage Glamour + Bowling stuff - costs 18 euros on Instant Gaming) : is it worth?
    How has it changed your gameplay? Pros and cons? .... Thank you!!

Yes , it shoud be worth it . Your getting two stuffpacks , and game pack for half the price
  • Options
    LauraMSimLauraMSim Posts: 88 Member
    Honestly I just got it a few hours ago. I like it! I'm not a huge family player though. Its a bit tricky to get used to (well for me).
    Sims 4 console player, former PC player.
    Waiting for all packs to go on console.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Yes, it's definitely worth getting.

I was never was an actual "family player" in any of the iterations. I was all about using the time in the stages for skill building, not the actions available within each stage.
    Vampires and toddlers changed my attitude towards TS4 and now I want to play it. Parenthood enhanced the toddler play and helped me to start enjoying the child stage as well.
    The only issue I've had is the problem with the communication skill getting stuck when an adult interacts with a toddler and it causes two skills to build at once (such as potty training can raise potty training and communication or flashcards can raise thinking and communication). Anytime this happens, I have to save, exit and reenter the game.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    I LOVE the Parenthood Pack. I love it.

I'm big on playing legacies, following through the generations. So I love the additional traits that can be gained based on how the kids are raised. The new traits pump up the existing traits and just make the game play and the sim interactions that much more varied and interesting for me. Once you have Sims that have those new traits become parents, it still gives more interactions between parents and children, with again, a lot of variety based on relationship, traits, etc.

It sort of filled a hole in the game play for me in regard to making teens and children more interesting and being invested in their interactions, and seeing how those new traits in turn lend a helping or hurting hand to raising the next generation. I find myself when I play now being super dedicated to following allow with the progress (or failings) or the kids.

Honestly, it can get pretty hilarious with the negative traits, which is also what I love. I love sims with flaws, and when you add things like poor manners and lack of empathy, it's just interesting to watch how the sims behave autonomously.

So as far as I'm concerned, if that's the sort of thing you're interested in, it's definitely worth it.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Aside of what everyone else has been saying, Parenthood pretty much finally made teens feel like their own separate life stage, instead of just a version of YA who go to school instead of work. It's not just the mood changes, it's that they just feel younger, more teen like in general
  • Options
    maicemaice Posts: 167 Member
    I really love the Parenthood pack. I think it's my favorite so far. The game feels more complete, and I like a lot of the stuff that came with it.
  • Options
    gabriella92italygabriella92italy Posts: 607 Member
    Thanks for your advices! I purchased bundle 5 with parenthood for 18euros!
  • Options
    osmarleosmarle Posts: 1 New Member
    > @gabriella92italy said:
    > Thanks for your advices! I purchased bundle 5 with parenthood for 18euros!

I was thinking about buying the pack from there, would you recommend it? I thought the site was a bit shady and I don't want to waste my money...
  • Options
    That1Guy352That1Guy352 Posts: 43 Member
    It is deff work it! It is one of my favorite packs added to the game. I love how they are getting even deeper with sims like so much more interactions it makes me think a lot more great things are coming in the fuiture! I love having to mold your kids into who they will grow up to be like someone would irl! I really think you should get it. You will like it
  • Options
    strangersimsstrangersims Posts: 6 New Member
    Its the best, it brings more reality to your game. Kids are now more realistic! lol, honestly, you must get it. its a must have <3
  • Options
    KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    > @osmarle said:
    > > @gabriella92italy said:
    > > Thanks for your advices! I purchased bundle 5 with parenthood for 18euros!
    >
    > I was thinking about buying the pack from there, would you recommend it? I thought the site was a bit shady and I don't want to waste my money...

That site is legit! However, I'd recommend using PayPal.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    If you like the idea of parenting kids and adult sized teens sure.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    I've just got this and it reminds me of the previous pet expansion pack games. Where you can either praise or punish a pet for something it does and then this gives your pets certain learnt behaviours but only parenthood is with sims. :D

Also a cool thing that happened was that my child sim discussed with her mother (who is a depressed sim) her sadness and this give the child positive character values for empathy, which I though was sweet.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    If you want all your open spaces & community lots to be covered with spatter paint all the time, then yes, it's worth it.

Seriously though, I like the objects & CAS items, but hate the interactions & especially hate the character trait system. My sims' kids do just enough to keep from getting a negative trait.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    AmeliaNovaAmeliaNova Posts: 76 Member
    Parenthood is a super well done pack imo. All the CAS and build items are great and fit a clear theme, and the gameplay stuff changes the way I play but not in a way that I feel annoyed by it or worried that I'm going to mess up my kids. They ask for advice and have a whole bunch of new interactions, and I absolutely love them!!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes - Parenthood is excellent. Made a world of difference within the family play. Tons of fun.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    RetrovanianRetrovanian Posts: 580 Member
    This pack Parenthood and Toddlers are the only two I have not got. I am not very concerned with Toddlers. Are there major bugs with this pack that affect other areas of the game? I preferred the separate Teens in the Sims 3. Does the new UI part still appear with adults or is it only there for the Kids?
    Thanks and kind regards James.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    This pack Parenthood and Toddlers are the only two I have not got. I am not very concerned with Toddlers. Are there major bugs with this pack that affect other areas of the game? I preferred the separate Teens in the Sims 3. Does the new UI part still appear with adults or is it only there for the Kids?
    Thanks and kind regards James.

So you have not had any bugs personally with parenting or toddlers?
    Are you worried you will get them if you add either parenting or toddlers?

I have not had any bugs with either of the two packs.
    Sorry to anyone that's does :(

I never get bugs myself. I just like to see for myself if it too effects my game.
    Good luck when/if you get either.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon