Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All We Want To Do Is Give You More AWESOME Builds!

First of all, I just want to say that I love the new tools that were introduced in TS4. I am sure that many Simmers that are new to building, or were having difficulty with all of the tools in previous versions of the Sims, are happy with the ease that they give…especially me. As a veteran builder in the series, and I think that I am speaking for many veterans out there, I have been pushing for adding more build tools that were staple tools from the beginning. Every version of the Sims has had tools that allowed us to build you some AWESOME builds. We were able to stretch our imaginations to the limit… and beyond!!! But when TS4 came out, all of a sudden we lost a lot of the ability to stretch and mold the clay; dig and build the sand; face restrictions right and left; create what we REALLY wanted! When we ask Maxis/EA for more tools, all we are doing is asking for what we need to bring you those awesome builds. Some of you may come on this thread and say that you think that there are a lot of awesome builds on the Gallery already, I am not disputing that, I am just saying… wouldn’t it be great to have even MORE! There has not been a lot of attention paid to build mode tools since TS4’s inception. Why is it so bad to ask for more? Please don't bash us for trying to get something that benefits all of us!
fkgck4xkargo.png
"If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams

Comments

• Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited August 2017
    I agree. Players ask for everything they want, as should builders. Let's not forget it's the builders of this community who provide us players with some of the most amazingly detailed homes and venues.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I'm not a builder but I definitely see why you're frustrated. The build aspect has been left behind with everything they've currently released and that's a shame. I'm really hoping you guys get some of the things you've been asking for by next year.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    I full heartedly agree with this. I am mainly a builder and I have really been missing the build features that have become a staple to The Sims series. I'm very happy that octagonal roofs are coming in the Cat's and Dog's pre-patch but it isn't really a new feature, it's just another option of what we already have. And there is at least one more roof type coming which is cool and welcomed, but again it's noy really new so I hope different roofs won't be the only new thing. I think this EP's pre-patch would be a great time to reintroduce terrain tools.
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    Uh why didn't you say this in your other build thread?
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I appreciate the builders, I'm not very good at it.
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    FloppyFish wrote: »

troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »

troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.

I don't think they were trolling pal....
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options

Pointing out that you could have said something in another thread is trolling now. Okay xD
    Mafia Stats

• Options
    Builders can make multiple threads. If I have to see ten different threads about why pets should be controllable then I can live with seeing some about builders requesting much needed tools. Let them make their requests and post their discussions. The idea is to draw Maxis' attention to their needs.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options

Pointing out that you could have said something in another thread is trolling now. Okay xD

When you come on to my threads to hassle me about making new threads, I consider that trolling. Please stick to the topic.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/923623/ts4-builders-rest-in-peace/p1

What happened to this thread? It had a post only a few hours ago. It is on the same old topic with the same old complaints, it is spam. Making another thread is not any more powerful than just posting in your current one. And the thing is @littlemissgogo is these threads are all by the same OP. The controllable pets ones are each by different people. Anyway not gonna post here anymore cus you guys are just gonna deny everything I say :/
    Mafia Stats

• Options
    Builders can make multiple threads. If I have to see ten different threads about why pets should be controllable then I can live with seeing some about builders requesting much needed tools. Let them make their requests and post their discussions. The idea is to draw Maxis' attention to their needs.

I think the point is it is not the same person making these threads it's different people so it's sort of different.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    All I am saying is I'm sure one thread is enough to get your point across, its so extra making loads more just to basically say the same thing.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    All I am saying is I'm sure one thread is enough to get your point across, its so extra making loads more just to basically say the same thing.

ikr...
    Mafia Stats

• Options
    I think they created this thread to draw the most attention to their explanation based on the back and forth in the previous thread. I'm not denying they've made multiple threads as I've seen them and read through 'em. I guess I'm just trying to be supportive. They've been left out of the loop with recent content and I can understand their frustration. That's all I meant.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    I think they created this thread to draw the most attention to their explanation based on the back and forth in the previous thread. I'm not denying they've made multiple threads as I've seen them and read through 'em. I guess I'm just trying to be supportive. They've been left out of the loop with recent content and I can understand their frustration. That's all I meant.

Yeah, lets go support spam... The op doesn't need to make a new builder thread every week when the last one isn't even dead yet... You can be frustrated without making a thread every week on the same 'ol topic with the same 'ol point and the same 'ol complaints. Making a billion builder threads is just as powerful as commenting in previous ones... except commenting in previous ones ISN'T SPAM.
    Mafia Stats

• Options
    @FloppyFish @Ciarassims Okay, I am sorry you feel that way. I am so passionate about building and I just want EA to pay attention!!! If you really feel that the 5 posts that I have posted about building is considered spamming, then I will humbly ask your forgiveness and stop posting. I do ask one favor though, please allow the posts that I have posted to go forward without any more complaining. Please stick to the topic.

Thank you.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    @FloppyFish @Ciarassims Okay, I am sorry you feel that way. I am so passionate about building and I just want EA to pay attention!!! If you really feel that the 5 posts that I have posted about building is considered spamming, then I will humbly ask your forgiveness and stop posting. I do ask one favor though, please allow the posts that I have posted to go forward without any more complaining. Please stick to the topic.

Thank you.

Mk. And I agree, builders need more. I would love terrain tools :love:
    Mafia Stats

• Options

Thank you.

Mk. And I agree, builders need more. I would love terrain tools :love:

Thank you :)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    WeonatraWeonatra Posts: 10 New Member
    I'd love to see what all the amazing builders in this community would do with some new stair tools! L-shaped, U-shaped etc. would be really fun to play around with, don't you think?
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I want to support you. I just don't see it happening in this game.

But I will continue to support you as these things are equally important to me and I don't want them to forget that when they decide to make a new game.

*supported*
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Geez. I understand you want more stuff for builders, but calling someone a troll because they noticed the multitude of posts that you already have about this subject, is a bit much. I was wondering the same thing.
  • Options
    Geez. I understand you want more stuff for builders, but calling someone a troll because they noticed the multitude of posts that you already have about this subject, is a bit much. I was wondering the same thing.

Please stay on topic.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    You cant really tell people what to post on here though. Conversations here veer "off topic" all of the time and its within the rules.
  • Options
    You cant really tell people what to post on here though. Conversations here veer "off topic" all of the time and its within the rules.

Let's get back to the topic, please. Do you feel that TS4 is lacking tools?
    fkgck4xkargo.png