Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats & Dogs SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    @SimGuruDrake can you make this a sticky thread ?
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    *Wonders if foxes and racoons will wonder onto lots and cause mischief*
    Do we know of another other species being added?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I am disappointed about horses, but this looks so amazing that I'm not sure I mind. There could always be a farm pack in the future.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I am disappointed about horses, but this looks so amazing that I'm not sure I mind. There could always be a farm pack in the future.

But think how great horses will be when we get them if they put the same amount of time and effort into them. I would love miniature horses.
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Also the obstacle course will return and you should add the blogpost!

Wait, when was that stated?
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    Yay!! pet obstacle courses!!
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    You can tell they took a page out of the city living book with the world. There are fish and food stands! I hope this stays, ways to make a world unique and stuff to do!
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I know this is small, but I wonder if we're going to be able to feed fish now. With the new ep, so if you don't feed them they might die.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I've never felt the need to have fish that we can feed, they're just fish that have no other interactions than eating. A waste of time and programming, IMO.
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Aw I'm bummed the color wheel can't be used for Sims! :'( I was really hoping to use it for hair especially...

The world looks gorgeous though; it's definitely my style. :smiley:
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Ooh, says her that "you can hire staff, train them, and your Sims and their family can be veterinarians" so clinics can involve the whole family it seems? That's what I'm hoping it means at least.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I'm concerned as to whether pets will react to vampires or aliens - I hope not 'cause of my plans.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    How would the breeding work with pets being autonomous? I don't remember how it was in TS2.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    Oh my god what how am I gonna stop my dog from constantly woohooing with other dogs? Oooohhhh and I so so so so sooo hope that NPCs will adopt pets as well
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    How would the breeding work with pets being autonomous? I don't remember how it was in TS2.

I imagine you just strongly suggest they get to business and assuming the two dogs/cats have a good relationship, they'll have at it.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member

In Sims 2,as long as your cats or dogs had a high relationship,your Sim could tell them to try for puppies/kittens :) So it'll probably work the same or similar.
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    @crazycat_135 in the Origin description about the neighborhood
  • Options
    haburbianhaburbian Posts: 281 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Lizziguin wrote: »
    Agreed! I can just feel there is going to be some awesome GP's and SP's coming after this. Besides the ones we already know about at least.

I don't know if you noticed, but they are adding in puddles in existing worlds and there is a big puddle in the C&D trailer that shows a girl and dog playing and splashing in it. This makes me think that they are adding little bits of seasons here and there to prepare and make room in the EP for other stuff.

I thought exactly the same - in England (not sure if people have it around the world) but we have a saying 'It's raining Cats & Dogs' - maybe a hint of things to come?
  • Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    Speaking of fish, I hope we get some new aquariums! I really miss that aquarium we had in Sims 3 that you place on the wall/inbetween walls. That one was always my favorite.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Any info on whether cats will react to the mice and roaches in apartments if CL is installed? It's just a small thing, but that would be so neat!
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    They're not playable? Really? I guess I'm saving that $40 for something actually playable. Call me when a version of this expansion comes out where they are playable (cheat or mod is okay too). I'm not paying $40 for a game full of objects no matter how cute those objects are. Pets was my least favorite game of sims 2 because of that flaw. It was one of my most favorite for sims 3 because they were playable glitches and lagging notwithstanding.
    Also, call me when a version of University comes out. THAT's the EP that I'm waiting for. That's the EP that I'll fork out money for.
    Very disappointed
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Speaking of fish, I hope we get some new aquariums! I really miss that aquarium we had in Sims 3 that you place on the wall/inbetween walls. That one was always my favorite.

I hope we get more fish
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited August 2017

I also hope we get some aquariums that aren't absolutely ginormous..
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top