Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trying the sims 3 again...

TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
So I am over the fact that there aren't many options to decorate homes with and I am SO over not having more activities to do. And also I will have more fun building things in sims 3 because...create a style. But getting back into the sims 3 takes getting used to create a sim is so much more different. I dont like the sliders. But I find that now that I am older I actually can create good looking sims in sims 3. Without cc . Although I do prefer the art style of sims 4, its not bad . And Its certainly nice to have danged color wheel.
Post edited by TheHarbinger_51 on

Comments

• Options
    I will say that I keep hearing how laggy and slow sims 3 is but it started up and loaded fast.
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    That's nice, but shouldn't this thread be in the TS3 forum?
  • Options

I dont think so really. Because I am regularly a sims 4 player.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member

I dont think so really. Because I am regularly a sims 4 player.

True but this is about TS3 so you gotta sort the eggs into the proper bins. Pink eggs, purple eggs. Yellow eggs, orange eggs. So on and so on.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    This totally belongs into the TS3 section of this Forum so it will be moved there anyway.

Glad you like TS3, though. I think both games are awesome but I prefer TS4.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    edited August 2017
    I havent really gotten into gameplay yet. So I will see how that goes. And it will be interesting to see. Because it has been years since I played this game.

update: sooo im in build mode and I have to say it feels so freeing to be able to make a window or door any color or pattern you WANT to! Its insane <3 I think sims 3 will have to be my creative outlet for sure . Only in this one can I truly create whatever house I want to :) Which is my favorite part of the sims games
    Post edited by TheHarbinger_51 on
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Yeah, you'll get more attention in the Sims 3 section. There are plenty of simmers there who still play and will discuss it with you.

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    @kaywilliams Welcome back to TS3. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    @kaywilliams Welcome back to TS3. :D

Thank you! I was not into building when I played sims 3 , I just redecorated pre-existing houses. So I didnt really appreciate create a style and the options it brought.But now I SO do. I hate it there is no color wheel or options in sims 4 because i do not like very few of the default designs <3@Nikkei_Simmer
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I play both Sims 3 and Sims 4 now depending on my mood. To me, they are completely different games with completely different things to offer. I find myself playing Sims 3 more because of the vast variety of things to do and places to go. There are still so many more activities in Sims 3.
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I'm glad you've found a creative outlet. I really wish they would have at least added a color wheel to sims 4, but oh well. I'll just enjoy it in sims 3 the way I enjoy everything else. :)

Have you gotten into game play yet? Do you have any questions? I think we have a Creative Corner here in the sims 3 section now, you should check that out too. :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Hello welcome back. TS3 offers something for everyone, builder, story teller, family player. Enjoy your building. Pictures always welcome :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Hi OP. Sounds to me you love aspects of both games. And there's nothing wrong with playing them both ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    I switched back to Sims 3 about 2 years ago now. Really disappointed by the direction of TS4, and how they completely neglected the Builders was so disheartening. Creative building is a must for me. It's a great way to de-stress. I love customizing my entire sim world the way I want it. and then building several homes for other sims in town. I play that town for about 2 sims years (going by the season cycle) and then it's time to move to a new world and customize it. I really don't have a lot of wants, well...I mean there is always wanting more designs...but with the color wheel, I can always get creative with furniture an so forth. One thing I would like to have are Sheers... I'm not able to make those for some reason. but I'm sure some other site has them. I just have to go look. Anyway... Welcome back to TS3... we are happy to have you.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Hi OP. Sounds to me you love aspects of both games. And there's nothing wrong with playing them both ;)

Agreed! I prefer Sims 4 but I still fire up Sims 3 and 2. Tired of some people trying to make it a war lol.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited August 2017
    Sorry, you're stuck with us in the Sims 3 section of the forum. I promise we don't bite. :p Glad you're enjoying the game so far. Feel free to ask any questions.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Thanks you guys, you're all too sweet <3 Well now I feel better about sharing a lot I just built :) I will show ya something simple soon.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    It's very cute :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Thank youuuuu! <3 I was going for cutesy cottage. And I can not express enough how cool it is to have create a style. I love COLOR! Lol... @Rflong . Im not used to the freedom :p
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Cosy!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    Love it! And the curtains on the sink in the bathroom match the rug. So lovely to be able to do that. :love:
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited August 2017
    KATENESS wrote: »
    Love it! And the curtains on the sink in the bathroom match the rug. So lovely to be able to do that. :love:

Yes I am very much in love with having options now <3 I have dreamed of being able to customize in the sims 4, but I dont have to . I just play Sims 3 Instead :)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I am having loads of fun setting all my hoods up. Cast is a wonderful thing! I love being able to mix and match whatever I like.

@Rflong7 are those yummy cookies gluten free? :p