Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUG: Invisible Building in San Myshuno!

celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
There's a bug with The Sims 4 City Living Expansion Pack which I realized even before the game was officially released. It's regarding a building in one of the districts of San Myshuno which, for some reason I don't know, is invisible. The fact that this building is invisible, makes the banner at its top appear to be floating in the air.

This problem I noticed for the first time when the first live gameplay of The Sims 4 City Living expansion was made last year, as shown in the image. Then I went to check if the bug also appeared in the expansion announcement trailer, and bingo! It was there too.

City Living First Gameplay

qvUkZLL.jpg

City Living Annouce Trailer

gtWwEEh.jpg

I even talked about this problem in another thread that I opened.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/902020/fix-the-floating-banner-in-san-myshuno-producers
How do I know that there really is an invisible building in that location ?! Well, since most of the banners are on top of all the buildings, and in that particular place where the banner is floating, there is a good amount of space left to fit another building, but for some reason it was not Appearing, I imagined that there was indeed some problem there.

And to my surprise, something VERY weird happened. This week I was playing The Sims 4 City Living in the flea market district, which is where the floating banner is, and I realized that the invisible building just popped in! Detail: This save-game I'm playing is super old, it's the same save game since when the game was released in 2014.

Here is the image of the building that appeared below the floating banner:

08TGFjx.jpg

CsJgjRB.jpg

I do not know why the building appeared. I do not know what I did to make it appear. The building simply appeared.

At first, I thought that Maxis had released some update that solved this problem of the building don't appear, but it seems that this was not the case.

I checked in other save-game files that I own (some of which are older versions of my current save) and I even created a new-save game, from 0, to check this invisible building bug, but unfortunately the bug remained.

SA1Roxr.jpg

As you can see, the building below the banner is not present, which makes the banner float in the air.

I would like to repeat, again, that I do not know what I did for the building to appear in my current save game. Before it was not there, but now it is.

Considering that this problem appears even in the gameplay of the producers, and even in the announcement trailer of the expansion, I think it makes quite clear that it is not something isolated from my game, but rather some flaw that the composition of objects in the world Is presenting.

It would be great if you took a look at it, because it's a flaw that has existed since before the game was released.

(I'm really curious to understand why in my old save-game the building has gone, but in new save games it's still the same thing as before).

@SimQARobo

tenor.gif
Post edited by celipoesias on

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    It was helpful to see the pictures of both the building present and also invisible.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and then testing in a new save game to see if the building is there. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the building is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    I just tested The Sims 4 in a new folder, and moved my old one to another location. I went to the district of San Myshuno where there is the floating banner, but unfortunately there is nothing in the place, the building remains invisible.

I asked several other friends who play The Sims 4, and they are from the community, and everyone told me that in their games the building is also invisible, just like it is in the expansion announcement trailer, and also in the gameplay of the producers themselves .

I am glad that the building appeared in my game, because seeing that floating banner was very nonsense and strange, it bothered me a lot. But sad because apparently the problem has not been solved, and for other players the building remains invisible since when City Living was released.

Here are the picture I made with a new folder:

EatSYq5.jpg
    LKcrnNY.jpg

And here is the image of the building that appeared in my save-game, and I do not know how or why it finally appeared. But as I've explained, it's a special circumstance, because this building is not present in other save-games and even in games started in new folders.

KoKEFnr.jpg
    FMo0AZC.jpg

There is some problem with this area of the neighborhood that makes the building invisible, but I really do not know. I think the producers should take a look.

This aesthetic problem has existed for a long time, and as in my save the building appeared, shows that the intention of producers never was leave in the neighborhood a banner that flies through in the air. Haha

tenor.gif
  • Options
    SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    @celipoesias

We'll take a look.
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en