Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discs stole during break in.... Now I must pay.......

I had a lot of EP's and SP's but during a break in they were stolen. All of them were Registered on Origin and now to get them downloaded I must PAY?????? I don't think that it is fair!

Comments

• Options
    BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    edited August 2017
    If they're registered on your Origin account you shouldn't have to pay to download them? If you're having problems you can try EA's online chat, they've helped me quite a lot with Origin in the past :)

https://help.ea.com/contact-us/
  • Options
    magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    TY. I will try that!
  • Options
    Good luck, I hope it works! :blush:
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    I'm just gong to throw this out here about some players not being able to get access to their games that's on Origin due to the fact that they had brought their games from e-bay or other places that isn't an authorized sellers.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/918307/anyone-here-have-part-of-their-game-deleted-from-origin/p1

But I hope that it's just a glitch like I had a couple of years ago when one of my EPs was grayed out stating that I still need to buy it. And since it was showing as one of the authorized codes from EA, the rep was able to give me another code for my game.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited August 2017
    Just go to Origin and in your library click to "install Sims3". A box will pop up to download (well, its the first box popping up) and go ahead and let it. Then a second box will pop up with the code on it, write the code down on paper and hit "install". It will ask you for the code after that. Copy and Paste didn't work for me so I always had to get my box out or write it down on paper, LOL.

Now, if they are registered on Origin and you have installed them prior, thru Origin, they should be there and installed already. If you never went on Origin to play the game, then not sure if the code will pop up.

Sorry about the robbery, I would be so upset if anyone took my Sims stuff :o

*makes note to buy a vault to put all my Sims disk in*
  • Options
    TY all very much. Your help is much appreciated and it Worked. I am busy downloading and installing!
  • Options
    I'm really glad you managed to sort it! :blush:
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
  • Options
    TY very much
  • Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I have to wonder, what good does someone steeling Sims 3 game and EP disks do them? There's a reason there isn't a strong 2nd hand PC game market, and that reason is the CD Key system system.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    I've asked myself the excact same question!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2017
    We don't know the exact circumstances of this theft, but there aren't very many situations I can imagine of where a thief is going to stop what they are doing to look up and read the EULA, then determine the proper market value of used discs upon encountering them where the entitled owner has registration codes already in place, and thus make an informed decision as to whether to include them in the pool of goods to be stolen. Wouldn't they tend to grab everything in sight that they can and that isn't nailed down?

Unless the discs were the entire reason for the break-in, that would be a bit more difficult to explain.

Of course if the miscreant in question were capable of all of that critical and logical analysis, one would think they might be able to come up with a better way to make a living...
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    They might don't play sims, and didn't know that they are tied to only one origin account. They just have seen a video game and they might know that it's a popular game and just stole it.