Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Trait Ideas

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    But you can be ambitious without being a workaholic......

• Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    You're right, but I like to create some stereotypes in my game, this gives some surprises :D@Bear31
    Btw, I am just addicted to custom traits at the moment, some of them are really useless but it's nice to have more variety in traits...would recommend it to everyone that tends to give their sims the same traits over and over again.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    GoddessqueenbGoddessqueenb Posts: 89 Member
    I want to see my diva trait come back, shy trait, love the cold or heat traits. Or having the rebellious trait to pick from. Add some new one's like love the fall , winter, spring or summer time.
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Yeah more traits in general would be good.
  • Options
    @FloppyFish brought up something in another thread that made some real sense and would give the traits some validity when coupled together.......they said something about how some sims should be "a natural" at some skills and would start off with a higher skill level in that particular area. SO here's my ideas:

Have a trait called "Natural" or perhaps "Natural Skill"

A natural skilled sim would find it easy to do just about anything they set their minds to. The first time they cook or do anything? Their skill level is set to level 4 and develop much faster than a regular sim with minimal skills. They can help and teach others, which would only help their skill level rise! They'd have no problem with throwing the best parties too!! (feel free to add more here)

When coupled with a genius trait and, say, a foodie trait? Naturals could start off with level 8 in the cooking/gourmet cooking/baking areas. Same for music......if you have a musical genius, they'd start off with level 8 too. All other ones though, would just be at level 4.

And it could lead to other stuff too! Like for example.........say you have a natural skilled sim whose a perfectionist? They are going to learn more slowly because they always want to be perfect. Also, being naturally evil? That could be a good fix for the ones that find it hard when their evil sims start to try and be nice to people or act nice to others. Naturally evil sims would always be evil because it becomes natural to them to be evil.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that wants the workaholic trait back? I always miss it when I want to create an ambitious businessman...such a sim MUST be a workaholic! :D

Been wanting the Workaholic trait back for a long time now. It was one of my favorites in TS3. I had one Sim who was a Workaholic, and he enjoyed his job more than he did his family.
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I want to see the frugal trait too.
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    Bear31 wrote: »
    @FloppyFish brought up something in another thread that made some real sense and would give the traits some validity when coupled together.......they said something about how some sims should be "a natural" at some skills and would start off with a higher skill level in that particular area. SO here's my ideas:

Have a trait called "Natural" or perhaps "Natural Skill"

A natural skilled sim would find it easy to do just about anything they set their minds to. The first time they cook or do anything? Their skill level is set to level 4 and develop much faster than a regular sim with minimal skills. They can help and teach others, which would only help their skill level rise! They'd have no problem with throwing the best parties too!! (feel free to add more here)

When coupled with a genius trait and, say, a foodie trait? Naturals could start off with level 8 in the cooking/gourmet cooking/baking areas. Same for music......if you have a musical genius, they'd start off with level 8 too. All other ones though, would just be at level 4.

And it could lead to other stuff too! Like for example.........say you have a natural skilled sim whose a perfectionist? They are going to learn more slowly because they always want to be perfect. Also, being naturally evil? That could be a good fix for the ones that find it hard when their evil sims start to try and be nice to people or act nice to others. Naturally evil sims would always be evil because it becomes natural to them to be evil.

awesome ideas! Now that you mention the genius trait, I would REALLY like Genius sims to act like Geniuses. They do not. They just feel focused sometimes. They should gain skills faster and start at higher levels and stuff like that. Also really like the perfectionist ideas, that would be amazing :love:
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    Lesfem420Lesfem420 Posts: 32 Member
    @Bear31 gullible and fashionista would be fun ones to play with!
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    Lesfem420 wrote: »
    @Bear31 gullible and fashionista would be fun ones to play with!

Yeah, I would love them :love:
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    edited August 2017
    I just thought of this one: Coffee Connoisseur! The coffee connoisseur knows the difference between black coffee, esspresso, fraps, and the like. They aren't, by nature, morning people.......it'd be hilarious if, before the coffee they drag.......much like the "Im SO done" walk the teens have now, but a lot less "zombie-like". Also, it'd be funny to have a "warn" button for those that are around them that want to talk to them before said coffee. They could get irritated with others in their lack of knowledge about coffee too......LOL!! XD

ETA: Also, they could have add in a feature......different styled coffee cups........they'd be able to get the whim to collect coffee cups! XD
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    I definitely want frugal as well! Maybe something like 'offbeat' or 'whimsical' that leans more towards eccentricity rather than insulting like 'insane' does. I also like earnest, stubborn, otherworldly, ambivalent, techno-phobe, precocious, ultra-curious, someone addicted to sweets and/or baked goods? :)
  • Options
    simbrinasimbrina Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Bear31 said:
    > I just thought of this one: Coffee Connoisseur! The coffee connoisseur knows the difference between black coffee, esspresso, fraps, and the like. They aren't, by nature, morning people.......it'd be hilarious if, before the coffee they drag.......much like the "Im SO done" walk the teens have now, but a lot less "zombie-like". Also, it'd be funny to have a "warn" button for those that are around them that want to talk to them before said coffee. They could get irritated with others in their lack of knowledge about coffee too......LOL!! XD
    >
    > ETA: Also, they could have add in a feature......different styled coffee cups........they'd be able to get the whim to collect coffee cups! XD

Lol, I love this idea. Coffee cup collecting would be awesome. Dig up a capsule and find a super ancient mug.
  • Options
    simbrinasimbrina Posts: 8 New Member
    Sculptor trait. I would love to see sculpting make a comeback, a potter's wheel would be so fun. Especially with get to work installed you could make an awesome business out of that.
    Rebellious would be nice to have again for Sims who don't want to do what is expected of them. There could be an aspiration where you have to try and earn money doing a bunch of different things, kind of like the jack of all trades but you could do earn 500$ bartending, collect 500$ worth of frogs, sell 30 baked goods.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Definitely in need of these!!
  • Options
    whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    I would like to hear some new voices in the game to help differentiate from the one that all ready there.
  • Options
    Free_SpiritFree_Spirit Posts: 4 New Member
    I would personally love an anxious/anxiety trait!