Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My thoughts on Toddlers

Now I have finally been able to play with Toddlers I am in love, they are awesome.
I only have the base game so here goes. The family I made has a strictish stay at home Mum who is hot headed and self assured and neat, her husband the Dad is Goofy, a slob and family oriented, they both love their children so much. Then there is a rebellious Teenage girl who deliberately picks fights with her Mum because they are too similar for their own good, she is hot headed and two other traits. Then there is a genius boy. Then there is two toddlers, one a boy is inquisitive, the other is fussy and always throwing tantrums.

I love them.

Comments

• Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    I love tots too :)
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I love toddlers, always have, especially in TS3. The TS4 toddlers are so well done and they are my fave.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    The toddlers were well worth the wait!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    You might want to consider picking up the Parenthood GP at a later date (maybe next Origin sale; there should be one close to Black Friday). It really adds a new dimension to family play.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    edited July 2017
    @DcD2510 , I agree that Toddlers are awesome in the game! it never felt right without them! :'(
    Also, I agree with @stilljustme2 's suggestion to get the Parenthood GP when you can if you love playing families! <3 I had a toddler who was in a bad mood so she destroyed her teen-aged sister's science project! :o The older sis got mad at the toddler and yelled at her, and it was realistic to how families really act! B) Then I could have the parent correct the toddler and using as a learning experience! <3o:) I think this is my favorite pack for TS4 so far!
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Toddlers are cute...as long as they aren't part of my household.

In my opinion, they take up too much of my Sims' attention. I'm not willing to halt the life of my other Sims just because a toddler needs something which they do almost constantly. I found a solution though. Me and my favorite Sim (Don Lothario) simply went on an impregnation spree and visited the kids instead. That way we had cuteness when we wanted it and could walk away when enough was enough. I write in past tense, but some of his 20 kids are still toddlers. My bad.

It's also been fun to experience the genetics side of the whole thing. I've never been the type to play a nuclear family and rosy red stuff like that. It gets boring and predictable even before I start ;-)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've got that nuclear family but with a twist -- Gunther's stepson Emory. He's not really part of the family (he's even considered a "roommate" to Gunther even though he's the kid's stepdad) which bugs me, but it adds in some extra challenges. For example, he had the Clingy trait as a toddler, and that affects him as a child because he gets tense around non-family members or caregivers...and since he's not really part of the family he does get tense around his "siblings" Jaxon and Michaela, so I have him write in his journal (of course I bought Parenthood!) to relieve some of the emotional stress. He's a good kid overall -- actually all my kids are (Gunther and Cassidy are good parents) which is why I'm thinking of moving in Emory's brother Cameron to wreak a bit of teen havoc after he and Emory age up), but I'm not sure yet.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    IdeasforsimsIdeasforsims Posts: 116 Member
    They've definitely improved the game for me!