Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why I will never buy The Sims 4

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    Might be misremembering the food item, but it's one unique to Al Simhara. I had to look up where to find them. At which point I was going "uhm, no. Not only no, but no frell no. I'm still building this sim's house, I can't afford to send them to Al Simhara." I try to have about 20k banked before I consider sending sims on a vacation. That way they can afford the trip, and any unique Build/Buy items only available there such as martial arts training dummies and board breaking stations.
    In that case your sim won't be able to cook falafel. That's your free choice. It's just a suggestion the game hands you, to tell you it's a possibility. I find it way more annoying that when I do go to Egypt to catch some crocodiles, they return without one because they somehow lost them on the way home :p The harvesting opportunity indeed sounds strange.

I believe Faerie197's point is that they didn't bother quality testing to see if challenge combinations were possible to complete. Sure you can mod or ignore it, but any time you are playing a game and thinking about the developer instead of the game, they've failed in some way. If the game suggest that you do something, you should be able do it. It's not really a challenge if it's not possible within the original perimeters. They should have had testers complete the challenges (along with everything else that's suggested you do) and ensure the worked properly before shipping the game.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2017
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    Might be misremembering the food item, but it's one unique to Al Simhara. I had to look up where to find them. At which point I was going "uhm, no. Not only no, but no frell no. I'm still building this sim's house, I can't afford to send them to Al Simhara." I try to have about 20k banked before I consider sending sims on a vacation. That way they can afford the trip, and any unique Build/Buy items only available there such as martial arts training dummies and board breaking stations.
    In that case your sim won't be able to cook falafel. That's your free choice. It's just a suggestion the game hands you, to tell you it's a possibility. I find it way more annoying that when I do go to Egypt to catch some crocodiles, they return without one because they somehow lost them on the way home :p The harvesting opportunity indeed sounds strange.

I believe Faerie197's point is that they didn't bother quality testing to see if challenge combinations were possible to complete. Sure you can mod or ignore it, but any time you are playing a game and thinking about the developer instead of the game, they've failed in some way. If the game suggest that you do something, you should be able do it. It's not really a challenge if it's not possible within the original perimeters. They should have had testers complete the challenges (along with everything else that's suggested you do) and ensure the worked properly before shipping the game.
    Yes, I get that point and agree, hence my 'the harvesting opportunity indeed sounds strange'. I was adressing another point though, presented before that. The feature to suggest a cook to go abroad to learn and prepare a foreign meal in fact is quality gameplay. Regardless the fact whether the player cares to spend 1600 simoleons to do so or not (the costs to travel to Egypt). When you play a cook or a fisherman or a gardener (or a collector I can imagine) and have WA installed, the game at one point will notify you there's more to collect than what's in your home world. I like how the game blends features of different EP's. That's not a flaw.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    Jessabeans wrote: »

Yes, I get that point and agree, hence my 'the harvesting opportunity indeed sounds strange'. I was adressing another point though, presented before that. The feature to suggest a cook to go abroad to learn and prepare a foreign meal in fact is quality gameplay. Regardless the fact whether the player cares to spend 1600 simoleons to do so or not (the costs to travel to Egypt). When you play a cook or a fisherman or a gardener (or a collector I can imagine) and have WA installed, the game at one point will notify you there's more to collect than what's in your home world. I like how the game blends features of different EP's. That's not a flaw.

I didn't mean the concept was flawed, the execution was and that is frustrating for those that play that way. I like that the expansion packs play well together too.