Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PLEASE MAXIS PLEASE! Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Can I ask where is LykkeLeaf's tutorial on how to move SecuROM? I've spent the past 48 hours trying to do this myself, but I can't seem to separate it from the game and get rid of one but not the other!

The actual link to a tutorial will probably be flagged as spam or something, but you have to remove Origin and run it from your desktop first. Otherwise you can't get rid of Securom, because there's a copy that installs alongside Origin.

So even if you use the securom removal tool with origin installed it won't get rid of securom? Is that what you're saying? I don't see how it's possible to remove origin if you have the Ultimate Collection to be able to run it from your desktop first?

It should still get rid of it. Anyone I know with Origin installed has gotten rid of it. You can remove Origin after downloading the game. It is not required to play, only to download, and repair if you had too. I believe repairing might reinstall Securom, but I am not sure as I have Origin uninstalled and have never had to repair the game.
  • Options
    Classysimmer99Classysimmer99 Posts: 3 New Member
    This is kind of off topic but has anybody had the issue where you install custom content for The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and the dialog box pops up when you first load the game with custom content installed, but when you go into Create A Family there is no custom content shown. The dialog box says custom content is enabled but custom content doesn't show up in the game at all. Before today my custom content worked fine I put my custum content in the Downloads folder that is inside The Sims 2 Untimate Collection. Again, my custom content worked perfectly fine before today. I have tried repairing the game through orgin, uninstalling and reinstalling it using origin, uninstalling the game using the program uninstaller that comes with your computer. So far, nothing has worked. I'm currently reinstalling the game after uninstalling the game using the program uninstsller that comes with your computer.
  • Options
    SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    KlumsyKate wrote: »
    Okay an EA advisor responded but he said I could not get it. I don't own Sims 2 so I can't get it.

The Ultimate Collection was created for people who owned at least the base game of Sims 2. I suggest you purchase a new base game for Sims 2, then you should be able to get the UC.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    KlumsyKate wrote: »
    Okay an EA advisor responded but he said I could not get it. I don't own Sims 2 so I can't get it.

The Ultimate Collection was created for people who owned at least the base game of Sims 2. I suggest you purchase a new base game for Sims 2, then you should be able to get the UC.

It was actually given out for free even if you didn't have any Sims 2 game for a period of time by EA using a code.

There have been people who have recently been able to get the UC without owning Sims 2 from EA, though it is hit and miss on who you chat with. And it is more successful if you do own Sims 2 base game and/or expansion packs.
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Can I ask where is LykkeLeaf's tutorial on how to move SecuROM? I've spent the past 48 hours trying to do this myself, but I can't seem to separate it from the game and get rid of one but not the other!

The actual link to a tutorial will probably be flagged as spam or something, but you have to remove Origin and run it from your desktop first. Otherwise you can't get rid of Securom, because there's a copy that installs alongside Origin.

So even if you use the securom removal tool with origin installed it won't get rid of securom? Is that what you're saying? I don't see how it's possible to remove origin if you have the Ultimate Collection to be able to run it from your desktop first?

When you installed UC, you should have gotten a shortcut to it from your desktop. If you are having securom problems you can uninstall origin, uninstall securom, and run UC from that shortcut. You may have to look up how to make sure it will run properly without origin installed online - the links to the tutorial I know on that are probably getting flagged as spam because it links to a private forum, but google is your friend.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    Mrknowitall526Mrknowitall526 Posts: 386 Member
    edited August 2017
    Just chatting with a rep now, I owned most of the games. They claim they can't generate any more codes as of A YEAR AGO! Then how did people get them last week?

EDIT: EA is shady (of course). They claim the code can't be generated yet then they can do it. Currently downloading 10.08 GB ... will take a while on my slow DSL connection!
    Post edited by Mrknowitall526 on