Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we'll ever get another empty world?

Comments

• Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    However the premade lots and stuff are the only reason you would pay for a world. Id rather have a handful of blank ones for either free or ten bucks then get one premade world now and then for like $20 hahaha
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    SimSara wrote: »
    I would LOVE a new empty world, I wouldn't even mind paying for it.

I hope so. I've certainly be pushing hard for it on twitter with the gurus.
  • Options
    Falynios wrote: »
    > @SimSara said:
    > Falynios wrote: »
    >
    > > @Dannydanbo said:
    > > It would be nice, but too many people whined about having to go to all the effort of downloading lots from the gallery, so, no.
    >
    > filling newcrest is a lot of effort. what isn't a lot of effort is bulldozing the lots in a world if you want it to be empty.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Welllll I'm willing to put forth the effort to build houses and community buildings so that people who aren't into the building aspect can enjoy them. I have put literally hours and hours into my builds yet you want to complain about how difficult it is to fill the lots when all you have to do is find something you like from the gallery and plop it down? Please. Also, I DO delete the vast majority of the lots to make room for new builds but am running out of space so an empty world would be appreciated.

1. Like I said earlier, the gallery is a mess.
    2. Then what is the issue with deleting the lots in a new world to make it empty? I'm trying to understand what's so difficult about that that it incites such emotion in you people. No one's answered yet so don't blame me for not being able to understand it.

I like to leave the premade worlds like they come.. I don't like to bulldoze lots.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »

If you choose not to use the gallery then that's your hang-up. There's nothing difficult about deleting the lots provided, I already said that it was something I do, however I'm running out of room. I'd rather not delete my builds and instead would like another world to fill up.

I think the point of what they're trying to say is that maxis can add a new world with maxis lots, and those who want empty worlds can simply delete those lots. There's nothing about deleting your own builds mentioned.

With that said I really don't understand the problem with that suggestion

Time consuming now since they removed the bulldozer from the neighborhood view UI. Do you remember bulldoze was in TS2's UI didn't have to load lots individually to delete them. If you want to wipe out an entire town or district in TS4 you have to enter individually...that becomes a real pain where as an empty world is much easier to just drop houses without ever having to enter if you use the gallery or your own library. However, I still don't believe we will ever get another vacant world. Too many people cried.

How is it any more time consuming from the perspective of someone who wanted an empty world, though?
    They would have entered the lot to build on it, regardless.

It would be time consuming to go through and erase all of the existing lots. Map view doesn't offer any way to bulldoze a lot unless you load into the lot.
    That's the same thing the other replier said, though. My question was how is it more time consuming to someone who was going to build on the lot, anyway? My suspicion is that people wanting an empty world are going to enter the lots to build on them anyway. It's not like the lots are being bulldozed just for the purpose of being bulldozed and making the world empty, right? It's to make room for their own lots.

As for the response about placing lots from the gallery without entering the world, I'm aware this is possible, but it kind of only adds support for the whole "why does the world need to be empty?" point.

Well I can only answer from my own experience, and from my own experience yes the lots are bulldozed just to empty out the world. I do not play with Maxis made buildings at all in any world, with the exception of the city world where I can't erase the apartments - and that really, really bothers me.

Regardless of me building on any lot in the future, the purpose of erasing them is to get rid of the builds that I will not use and that will eventually be filled with a random townie. I build my own lots/venues I would build my own world if we had the ability. I don't use the gallery very often, as nice as a lot of the content on there is I find a large number of them completely unusable due to MOO cheat being used incorrectly.

So yes it is a time consuming thing to do, I'm not complaining because I do choose to erase all Maxis made stuff, but previously the option to bulldoze lots was available in map view and it would be appreciated if it was in this game too. It would make playing my way a little less time consuming and tedious.

Well hopefully we can get an answer from SimGuruDaniel. I just asked him on twitter if it's possible in TS4 to add an option to bulldoze from the map.

Edit
    Twitter Links broke on this site again
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I would like a world pack for 20 euros with a complete world and one or two gameplay features. I want a tropical world with swimmable oceans.
  • Options
    SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    edited June 2017
    When building I try to keep the architecture similar to the houses that are in the background and to what Maxis created. My thing is I'll want to create a certain style of house but the neighborhood that has that style is already full. I liked Newcrest because I saw it as an extension of Willow Creek and allowed me to play around with a specific style of architecture. I just thought it would be nice if we got another empty world that's an extension of Oasis Springs. Like I don't want to go into the Vampire world (I cant remember the name of it) and create a modern building. I just want more lots per theme/style.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    How about some kind of Plant-based Pack that comes with a World using all those theme items - you know, like how Outdoors got new things and its Vacation world constructed with them. Only more plants.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    MarmarSimsMarmarSims Posts: 183 Member
    I wish they would, my game is getting a bit cramped now... I wouldn't mind paying for it either, as long as they make it 3x bigger than Newcrest.
    30uejra.jpg
    Origin: maritakoyaki
  • Options
    Like another poster said I'd love a new world with an ocean for swimming and a waterfall location like Stoney Falls in TS3 our sims could visit. Yes I still want a Tropical Vacation Destination but I wouldn't mind having a home world with an Ocean either and if we get it they could patch in swimming in the ocean.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't think we will ever get ocean swimming or driving cars in this version, the game engine probably can't handle it. But I would love that big water tank that we had in S2. The one where your sim changes into scuba gear and enters a big water tank to swim around. I loved that thing. It was like your sim was in a giant fish bowl.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    I missed that in TS2, but we could swim in the ocean in sims 3 even while someone else is fishing. Well, I have big dreams, I think we will get empty worlds with seasons to choose from.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't think we will ever get ocean swimming or driving cars in this version, the game engine probably can't handle it. But I would love that big water tank that we had in S2. The one where your sim changes into scuba gear and enters a big water tank to swim around. I loved that thing. It was like your sim was in a giant fish bowl.

They did ocean swimming in TS2 it could be done in TS4.
  • Options
    Now the ocean at Windenburg is a start. Sims can only fish there but I love the sound of the waves. Sadly Sims can't do anything on the beach or even fetch a tent.
  • Options
    honeyboomhoneyboom Posts: 243 Member
    yeah we really need a new one. i've started evicting premade characters and destroying their houses to make more families :|
    "every star may be a sun to someone"-carl sagan
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    If we get ocean swimming it will probably be in only one new world as a variation of the natural pool from GT.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I doubt we'll get another one like that but I'd love it.

I don't think they should sell us an empty world though unless it's like Windenburg sized. That emblem shows up saying you don't have that pack and it might chafe to see it because you didn't spend 10 or so for an empty world unless it was worth it.
    I have a hard time deleting most of the maxis made buildings in the game, ditto for the premade character houses. It's often part of their personality in game.. I think it's time consuming to populate them but whenever they have a new venue it comes with lots you have to find a place for in your game. I like restaurants, parks, club hangouts and little stores that sell collectibles/needed items I no longer want to hoard in inventories. Mostly though I'd just like it for a new view.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    I hope we get an architecture stuff pack that will come with a larger world with some bigger lots.

That would be so cool. They had a carpenter job on one of the surveys and an empty community with a construction company near it would be awesome.

Personally, OP, yes. I have requested this in the past after we got all these ways to make businesses and actually got some business type stuff/lots or items that we could make a lot like the bowling stuff. I would want the largest lot <3<3<3 added like in S3; I played that lot all the time. I would like to keep the empty hood we have for homes and use the new one if we ever get it for a business district. :)

• Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    When building I try to keep the architecture similar to the houses that are in the background and to what Maxis created. My thing is I'll want to create a certain style of house but the neighborhood that has that style is already full. I liked Newcrest because I saw it as an extension of Willow Creek and allowed me to play around with a specific style of architecture. I just thought it would be nice if we got another empty world that's an extension of Oasis Springs. Like I don't want to go into the Vampire world (I cant remember the name of it) and create a modern building. I just want more lots per theme/style.

Agreed, agreed, agreed (on everything you said)! :D
  • Options
    LizzyX4LizzyX4 Posts: 69 Member
    > @kitty4118812 said:
    > I desperately want both prebuilt worlds and empty worlds, it's that or just a world builder, where we can create our own world, even if it's something super dumbed down from Sims 3. Like pick your background from four or five options (Mods would offer us more sooner or later) and then pick which style we want for lots. Like Newcrest with three hubs, Oasis Springs with six hubs, etc all set up with the same layouts. Then we would have to fill the world ourselves, but at least we'd be able to choose how many worlds we have. Oh, and of course I don't think I'd be able to live without being able to create new vacation worlds. That's what we need more than even just a regular world. I don't know how much longer I can live without a vacation world.

I feel the same way. I was first really annoyed with the loss of 'open world', but Sims4 world style is reminiscent of Sims2, so I don't mind too terribly now. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of space. I have plenty of maps, but I'm running out of space to build. It's hard to decide whether to build residential or business lots, because I want my sims to have plenty away-from-home options. And Forgotten Hollow only has four spaces! I really like San Myshuno; it is a really nice world, but I wish it had some empty lots (I like all the current lots and don't want to bulldoze). And I miss the vacation worlds of Sims3. Overeall, I prefer worlds that have some Maxis start-up content and space for me to add my own.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'd settle for more empty lots in worlds that come along with EPs or even GPs, so it's easier to customize the worlds without destroying the original. We didn't get any empty lots in San Myshuno, for example, and I would have liked a few to add venues. I did add a lounge to the city by converting the Old Salt House to a bowling alley, so I could turn the penthouse lounge into a residence.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Falynios wrote: »
    > @SimSara said:
    > Falynios wrote: »
    >
    > > @Dannydanbo said:
    > > It would be nice, but too many people whined about having to go to all the effort of downloading lots from the gallery, so, no.
    >
    > filling newcrest is a lot of effort. what isn't a lot of effort is bulldozing the lots in a world if you want it to be empty.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Welllll I'm willing to put forth the effort to build houses and community buildings so that people who aren't into the building aspect can enjoy them. I have put literally hours and hours into my builds yet you want to complain about how difficult it is to fill the lots when all you have to do is find something you like from the gallery and plop it down? Please. Also, I DO delete the vast majority of the lots to make room for new builds but am running out of space so an empty world would be appreciated.

1. Like I said earlier, the gallery is a mess.
    2. Then what is the issue with deleting the lots in a new world to make it empty? I'm trying to understand what's so difficult about that that it incites such emotion in you people. No one's answered yet so don't blame me for not being able to understand it.

I'll admit that the gallery is a bit of a disaster, with lots that are basically just a box sitting on a lot. There are some good builds out there if you use the search features to narrow by lot size, venue and price. I'd like to see additional sort features like number of bedrooms and bathrooms -- sometimes I'm looking for a house for a specific family and it's difficult to find what I need. If you see a pattern -- the houses you like are by a certain creator -- you can go to The Gallery on the Sims 4 website (thesims.com), find one of their builds then follow them and you'll get alerts on the Gallery home page if they've added anything new.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    in San Myshuno, for example, I did add a lounge to the city by converting the Old Salt House to a bowling alley, so I could turn the penthouse lounge into a residence.

Wonderful idea. I may give that a look when I'm slumming it in the city in my game. :)

• Options
    slingarrettslingarrett Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes I would absolutely love that ! I know for Newcrest they had a couple of youtubers make a set of houses as a set and I think that would be cool to see again! We neeeed a good variety of worlds to make up for the loss of the open world aspect of The Sims series
  • Options
    SuucherriesSuucherries Posts: 118 Member
    I sure hope we do.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    A word about Newcrest. (sad to say Newcrest is the world for no motherlode) :(

Our empty world.
    They give us the world it's empty we should be happy right ?. it's full of little lots. so we can move in all our (poor) Sims and have a happy time together.(most use motherlode and we all give our sims around 800,000 and up)
    Then they forgot about the park, so they added a 50/40 that totally mess up the possibility of downloading most parks.
    In the center its a lake, well it would look good from their view but we will not see it unless we go for a jog. (not so sure about this) (I think Sims have beautiful neighborhoods just can not experience them as much as we would like to.)

No downtown area.? if it is and downtown area then we have no neighborhood. most of the lots if not all, are turned sideways to fit as many lots as possible in the small city. so even if you put a house down you will basically see only the side of it. This is great for the ones that just love living like this and so close together.

Our Sims are not poor. They do not wish to live in such small lots or homes.
    We want to live like the big shots our Sims are. haha.

Some little islands for homes off the main city with a bridge to enter the city. keeping in mind we will soon get cars lol.
    If our sims land poor, give us 10 seconds and they are now wealthy :) and they are looking for large homes big beautiful family homes and or castles. so think about it, and please give us a beautiful world we need 30/30 and up. truth 50/50 and up We have grown wealthy and greedy. We want the best. **Just like we play the best game The Sims**. no matter the pack we buy it. We are spoiled and we want it all.

Also, we must have our choice of seasons. Could be a new pack one on the side lol.
    Thank you, so very much in advance. :)
    one of your much greedy simmers.

(And remember this post is not for everyone. just the wealthy and spoiled.)
    for all that think this is totally wrong your right too.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor