Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ultility Box on downtown streets

Does anyone one know what it is. This looks like a utility box, I caught one of my sims repairing it. I wonder if those boxes might have something to do with the festivals. I wasn't paying attention to the street lighting, but I assume if that box breaks the electrical for all the apartments in the current city district will also break, would this mean that the game can't cleanup the festival without the power properly. Its a box that you can find posters on.
Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."

Comments

• Options
    FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    it's just decoration.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Falynios wrote: »
    it's just decoration.

If its just decoration why would my sim be repairing it.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    Again, for decoration. It makes the city look more like a city to have electricians all over the place.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited June 2017
    It's not only a decoration. If you look behind it, you'll see some posters. Sims can take these posters and start collecting City Posters.
    There are two new collections in the City Living: Snow Globes and City Posters.
    Snow Globes can be found in the boxes in the city streets and can be bought in the festival's swag stall.
    City posters can be found behind the city utility boxes.

These boxes are only there as a decoration and for sims to collect posters. It doesn't affect festivals ect.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Your Sim is repairing it? I've only seen game-assigned NPCs do that, ones with a City Living repairperson NPC role. I can't direct a Sim to do it, I don't think? Only to take posters.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    Same here. I've only collected posters from them and only saw an NPC "make" repairs only as a way to enrich gameplay. We do love our NPCs and some challenges even want you to meet, woohoo and/or marry an NPC.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    if your sim was repairing it, It makes me wonder what life they get up to when they don't think we are looking.
    Honestly seeing a sim repair it just makes the city feel more there, in a real city there is always something that needs repairing or adjusting.