Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Business Inherit?

kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
I have two sims about to die, they both own 5 businesses each. Will their family who live in different home inherit, or should I sell the business before I die and they get the money?

Comments

• Options
    cercatcercat Posts: 69 Member
    I'm just getting back into Sims 2 and it's been awhile, but I did use to play businesses quite a bit. I think that businesses can only be inherited by members of the same household. As long as you aren't changing lots the business is located on, you might be able to invite the children over and gift them the deed or title to the business.

I don't think selling the businesses will guarantee that the money will be inherited by family living on separate lots. They might get a portion of the insurance benefits the game gives based on their relationship with the deceased. Again, inviting them over and gifting them expensive items such as expensive art and sculptures, cars, etc. would be the best way to get the money to the heirs.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    You can only transfer deeds to people in the same household. You could transfer say the fathers 5 deeds to the mother, then move her in with whoever you wanted the deeds transferred to, then move her back out.

Or sell them and like cercat said, but expensive things, invite them over and gift them the items. They will not inherit the total sum of your other sims wealth, just a percentage.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    When sim dies, the business should be automatically transferred to a family member (no matter if they live on the same lot or not) with a highest relationship. However, if there are no family members, the businesses will go to sim's friend with who they have the highest relationship and it could be a townie.
    When there are really nobody to pass on the business, the lot will be automatically sold back to community.
  • Options
    kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    Thank you everyone for great answers and help. I went ahead and had them sell the businesses and give moist all the money to different poor families in the community. Like the orphanage and the poor teen raising her younger siblings. The family members still inherited some money upon the death but moist there money they gave away to the needy before they died. I thought that a great memorial and great help for my poor sims.