Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What if the next EP won't be Pets?

Let's say eventually the reveal trailer for the next EP gets released and...it ends up being anything other than Pets, how would you react?

Comments

• Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Probably the same. Personally I don't mind if pets isn't next. We all know it's coming, since it was in the very first installment of TS.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    Probably the same. Personally I don't mind if pets isn't next. We all know it's coming, since it was in the very first installment of TS.

Me neither. Pets just isn't my thing, not for the sims at least. Trust me I've had my share IRL. I might try them this time around, I just did not enjoy them in a previous version. I guess it all depends on how they are done. I know I wont buy that EP right away, I'll have to watch a bunch of reviews and LPs to see if they are something I really would like this time
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Depends what the EP was. If it were Seasons, I would laugh my plumbob off with glee. Anything else I probably would just shrug. But... it will be Pets. I am very sure.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    probably the same way I'd react if it were pets
    "Oh, that's nice."
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Jean wrote: »

Me neither. Pets just isn't my thing, not for the sims at least. Trust me I've had my share IRL. I might try them this time around, I just did not enjoy them in a previous version. I guess it all depends on how they are done. I know I wont buy that EP right away, I'll have to watch a bunch of reviews and LPs to see if they are something I really would like this time

Oh I like Pets in TS, don't get me wrong. Thing is I wouldn't be overtly 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off if they weren't to appear next.
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I d rather have seasons or university, I m not bothered if the next EP is nt pets.
  • Options
    CrocketsCrockets Posts: 127 Member
    I have said this before and i would say this again.
    Seasons is essential for The Sims to the point that normal seasons should be added in base game. We are in the 4th Sims game and yet we have to wait years to get something as basic as seasons which is part of every single human's life.
    Pets/Babies/Restaurants/Vampire/Paranormal isn't part of every human's experience but seasons are so it should definitely be seasons next.
    I don't give a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about pets, my families are always full and i have enough work on my hand managing my sims so i don't want to permanently add a cat or a dog in my household. I would play them for a while and that's it but having seasons mean a whole different experience in every household i play.
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    I could not care less for pets. I've been watching TS3 and TS4 Let's Plays for over 4 years now and not a single simmer actually bothered to actively Play with them. Pets are just there. Often treated like a useless additional household member with a limited potential.

So yeah, I have never asked for pets. I think the game Needs Features that enhance the Basic gameplay desperately (flashing out sim's personalities, adding layer onto them, making them Aware of their surrounding, give them Hobbies and meaningful activities).
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    @HalloMolli I really need them to be more aware of their surroundings!
  • Options
    @HalloMolli I really need them to be more aware of their surroundings!

That's fine. You will get them eventually, in a couple of months.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    @HalloMolli I really need them to be more aware of their surroundings! I want sims to react to what they see! I would be overcome with joy, if they updated that and traits!
  • Options
    @HalloMolli I really need them to be more aware of their surroundings! I want sims to react to what they see! I would be overcome with joy, if they updated that and traits!

Oh, I was of the Impression you were talking about pets for a second. But you had sims in mind. Yes, I agree!

• Options
    CroxycookCroxycook Posts: 239 Member
    I'd be okay with it, probably. I'm still dealing with my own IRL pet expansion and will still probably have my hands full then, as well.

I hope for those really looking forward to it, it does come this year.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Looking at the list of EPs and the fact that they release like one a year, if its not pets some people are going to be maaaaad lmao
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I'm pretty sure Pets is next but in the event it's something completely different than that I guess it would depend on the theme. After CL, I'm trying to be more cautious about EPs.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    @Simfan923 I always was ever since they told people to be open minded when it came to EPs near the start lmao Thats why I fully expect most of the things that were in EPs to be in GPs and EPs to be other things. The way its been so far I've actually been way more excited for the GPs than the EPs. The EPs seem to be centered around more mundane add-ons.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I can seriously live without Pets and my reasoning is my sims were not that good at taking care of fish in Sims 3 so I don't trust them to take care of an actual animal.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd react with a big "HUH." And wonder what was up with the cat and dog code if they aren't using it within the year already. But if it was something else I wanted I wouldn't protest. Just run away from the forums for a while while the claws were out ;)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I would not really care, cats and dogs will not be a big game changer for me. I'd be surprised with all the code that has been found if it was not Pets but really there are so many expansions I'd rather see before Pets Seasons before Pets would be amazing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    I'll be very happy :#
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I wouldn't mind if it was something else. Pets has always been among my least favorite expansions in the franchise. As I've said before, I love pets IRL but not in The Sims.
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Be very sad. I live for animals and pets, I need them in my own life and my sims. :/
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Disappointed, but that's nothing new with Ea.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    Let's say eventually the reveal trailer for the next EP gets released and...it ends up being anything other than Pets, how would you react?

well it depends on what it is. at this point i feel so ep deprived i feel like unless its a party ep or a date ep or something i will be statisifed.